Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,648 Members

Please welcome our newest members: JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA

List of Good Things That Have Happened Recently

14 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Having you all share in my happiness and be happy for me is very special.  You are all very special people and you are all very special to me.   I wish you all a very very Merry Christmas and Beautiful New year

Red
14 years ago 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My list for today.
Red had a wonderful time with her family, which makes me happy.
Snow has stopped falling.
I don't have to work tomorrow.
Phones are quiet, work is slow, Pogo is fun
Going to finish my Christmas shopping tonight (I'm thinking after 9:00 because all our stores are open till midnight and beyond).
My daughter is going to work with her daddy tonight so it will just be me and my number 2 (my second son).
Tomorrow, I am going to bake and prep the food for Christmas and maybe even clean the house.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and great celebrations.
14 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good on ya red!

hope you took lots of pictures to remember it!

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red,

What a great day you had and thank you for posting it with us!  Keep this as a wonderful memory!

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red,

WOW!  I am so glad to hear you had such a great time and got to have such positive quality time with your son and his family.  Sounds like your grandchildren are wonderful!  I am so glad thinks worked out so well with this situation.  A very very Merry Christmas! 

I just got back from my visit to my sons with his wife and and my grandkids.  We all had a good time. They loved the casio piano. We played music and sang.  My granddaughter loved the doll I gave her. I colored with her, played hide and go seek and a word game she taught me.  Shes 5 years old .  My grandson who is 10 took the piano like a duck to water. We all had a good time playing together and being together.  My daughter in law made us lunch.  We really had a great visit.  The best one ever and a very very merry Christmas celebration.

Miracles really do happen !!!

Red
furgitit,
Sounds like you've got some great things going on.  I thought when I read your comment about snow - what a great outlook.  I live where it gets up to 95-100 degrees in summer and lows are in the teens.  It sometimes snows here but not alot.  I always hated the snow - but you've given me a new positive thought to associate with it.  It does make everything look clean.  Thanks.  I might need you to remind me of that (lol) when it starts snowing here (usually in January) and then only a few times.

Good things - had a great Family Christmas Party Saturday; another on Sunday
                     got most of my Christmas shopping done; that 99 year old grandmother is thechallenge (lol)
                     looking forward to Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
                     My brother and I took time this year to separate and choose who wanted what Christmas ornaments that belonged to my mom.  She so loved Christmas and with her being gone, we just put it off.  It was easier this year than I think it would have been in the past and it's kind of made me wish that I'd put up a tree.  I think this is a positive though it may not sound like it. 
                    I get my final B12 shot (4 weeks in a row) for this month and only have to go back once a month from tomorrow forward.
                    I got to teach at class at the Center and got alot of positive feedback.  I like teaching.
14 years ago 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here are a couple,
Hubby is working tonight,
I have invisible friends..... (no I am not crazy, they are right here reading this :).
It is snowing, and everything looks so clean.
I have a long weekend coming up (I hope most of you do as well).
It is a quiet week at work (no more court here until the new year so all emergencies have been dealt with already).
When I finally get home, I am going to put my feet up and play WII with the kids.
Take care everyone.
Good one Pete,

You sound very happy.  Have a lovely visit with your son.

Red
Pete,  It is awesome for a parent to hear they are "cool".  lol, not necessarily the word we'd pick for ourselves, as you said.  However, kid + college + cool dad = good kid w/success   So here's to another cool dad (I was a cool mom - lol).

I got to visit my friend in Memphis.
I helped my son via recipe's impress his wife with some cooking for her birthday.
I got to babysit last Friday night and gave my daughter-in-law her bday present; the card made her cry (was gushy-type).

Reading this thread: