Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Anxiety after the fact

13 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Again thank you all for your reply..

Today is the 1st day I did not wake up with a headache so I pray to God that it's over & done! Will keep you posted..

Also Juanita I still can't figure out this picture thing..LOL

Maggie
13 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Maggie,

Re: resizing your photo in Windows, you could try the Paint application.

1. Launch Paint (Start -> Accessories -> Paint) and open your photo.
2. From the File menu, select "Save As..." and rename your photo and select "JPEG"  as the "Save as type".

If all goes well, your saved photo should be about 1/3 the size of the original.

Hope this helps.
Flint
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am not sure if I have answered the right question here or what the question or topic is..So help me out..I didn't respond to the question about blood pressure so here it goes...I was at my doctors a little over a week ago and asked him if my high blood pressure is caused by my getting upset or is it the other way around, does my high blood pressure cause me to get upset. His answer was that getting upset can raise your blood pressure and not the other way around...The question about periods and BP I really don't have a answer to that one I am post menopausal and I think my pressure probably starting climbing up around age 40 or 45 for me..I am not really sure I found out about my high blood pressure at age 54..There is a lot of information on line about perimenopause, menopause, and post menopause and all the changes a womans body goes through during these changes in her life..Your blood pressure being one of them. These changes are subtle and happen over a long span of time starting as early as age 35. It is not some that just happen over night. Your might want to do some reading online and see it applies to you..I wish I had know about the changes before the fact and not after the fact so that I could of made some changes to my life style earlier..You sound like you have a very healthy life style with your exercise program and all so you are way ahead of the game already....Remember this is just my experience with it all and my not be yours.. I hope this info helps you in some way..

Red
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Maggie, sorry I'm of no help to you in this matter..I rely on hubby to resize the photos...I wish we could put larger ones on..I have a few different ones I'd like to show, and I'd love to see your picture! When you get directions, let me know please.
Thanks Juanita

Maggie,

I am not sure if this helps you or not but my camera came with soft ware for up loading pictures and to change the size of my pictures I click on a tab called manipulate in the viewing window while I am viewing my pictures. It allows me to resize my pictures..That is how I resize mine..I don't if your camera soft has this..If you play with it for a while you may come across something under one of your tabs that lets you resize...I can't tell how to resize using the computer its self because I don't know how to do that. May be someone else who does will post and tell you how.
Red
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
People.

Help Maggie out. I have a Mac so don't know how to change picture size on a PC.
It is real easy on a Mac but that doesn't help.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for you great advice..

Davit the reason I know my bp is due to my anxiety is I am 40 yrs old & I weigh 135 pds & I am 5'4. I am not a heavy person at all. I eat healthy I work out at least 4-5 times a week and as far as family history from my moms side of the family my grandmother has high bp but after she was older not at a young age! It's all anxiety for me..

I know when I have my anxiety in place & feel less stress BP does not even pass my mind..I start obsessing with it once I get anxious or a panic attack..why can't I obsess over a BIG chocolate piece of cake? LOL

Juanita, yes our bp does fluctuate that is normal & my Dr says the same thing as long as it does not stay high for long periods of times and it never does. That is why I said before I am NOT going to fall into that cycle of checking it 5 times a day 7 days a week. I know now that I am anxious it will be high since I have it on my mind. I will check it when I am more relaxed & when the last thing on my mind is my bp..

Again, thank you all for your replies. You are all a wonderful group of people! I wanted to post a picture of me but like Davit said it can't be too big but I guess the picture was too big & I don't know how to make it smaller..

Maggie

Hello Samantha,

Yes I have experienced anxiety after the fact..This happens to me sometimes when I am getting ready to leave the house and go to class even though I have been to the class before..I am not sure which session addresses triggers..What I have to do when this happens is challenge my anxious and negative thoughts which is explained in session 3...I also do a lot of self talk and tell myself I have done this exposure before many times and there is no good reason for me to have anxiety now about doing this exposure again..The 10 questions list helps me a great deal when confronted with these type of situations and this type of negative self talk...

Red
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Maggie,

As your doctor mentioned, continue to keep a log. Work through the program, continue to challenge any anxious or negative thoughts and take each session one at a time.

Members, have you experienced anxiety after the fact? What session of the program helps you identify your triggers?

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks Davit,
My doctor may think its obsessive, and she could be right, but to me its security, and its right for me at this time.
Juanita

Reading this thread: