Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,508 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Just need your input

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shadokins. 

Here it is considered obsolete. There are better safer drugs. But some doctors hang on to what they know.

Davit
14 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Anerol,

Nope can take naps either ...don't know why, it's like my body refuses to rest . But it was sure nice of you to suggest it.

Davit,

Here the doctors are using  it quite alot. The pharmacist told me that they (the doctors) were quite please when the pharmacy started to stock it.  Guess we are behind the times.

Thanks again

14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shadowkins,
how do naps treat you? maybe you can take a little nap during the day? 

shadowkins

Tramacet is not used very much any more because of the side effects it causes and withdrawal symptoms. I was on it once so I know a bit about it. Remember that it is in the past and the past doesn't count.

Sunny is right you will find you don't need the Clonazepam as much in the future. It is far easier to get off than Ativan.
Be glad you weren't given it.

My recommendation is to just do the program at what ever pace you are comfortable with and let it do it's thing. I wish I could draw a bell curve to explain how the program progresses but I can't so I will try to explain it.  It is like climbing a mountain.  At first as you approach the foot hills you notice a slight rise that is exciting but as you go along it seems the mountain is a long ways away and you will never get there. You slog along wondering if you are wasting your time. But if you keep at it after a while you notice you are making some headway. Then one day you notice you are making much more headway. You are climbing and you feel good and now you are going up faster. but then you look up and you realize that you have such a long ways to go and again you want to give up. But you just stick it out and soon you notice that you are actually getting there. Of course it is not a smooth climb and some times you have to rest but the top is closer now. As you approach the top it starts to level off and gets easier although the gain is less. Now you can slow down and enjoy the view. You have made It. The progression to being panic free is much like climbing this mountain. No one said it would be easy but being panic free is much like being on top of this mountain. It is worth the climb.

Davit.
Davit,
Yes I sleep just fine with it and am anxiety free for the most part. I must admit I was in  a dreadful state , it just seems to have come all at once. Alot of my fear is the dependency I developped with the tramacet  and the pure hell I went through... he tells me that, that part is over but that I am suffering from the traumatic experience I lived through. I trying very hard to do the program, go to the group sessions and reading up on it too...I just don't know what else to do.
Maybe giving myself a swift kick would smarten me up.

Anerol,
When I don't get more than 3 or 4 hours of sleep I simply can cope with the daily anxiety and for me it seems to make it worse. I still think my change of life is a major factor too. My cousin told me that when she went through hers , she would not sleep for weeks at a time. I think the experience I lived through with the hip medication has simply affected me more than I would like to admit and somehow I have to get over it.

Sunny,
Thanks for the info. I guess I worry to much...I just want to do this on my own but at the same time I'm scared stiff. Doesn't make much sense does it. I'll get there someday

Thanks again to all.

14 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shadowkins:  I used to have restless leg syndrome - usually my left leg.  I rarely get it now.  Clonazepam was prescribed for me.  I didn't have to take it every night, just when the leg was bothering me.  At first it was almost every night, tapered off to 2-3 times a wk., then a couple of times a month, until finally, I don't remember the last time.  I used it for about a yr. in all.  I never felt anything with this med. except a deep relaxation so I could sleep.  No side effects except a bit groggy in the a.m.  No problem stopping at all.  So hope this helps with your worry a bit.
14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
shadowkins,
I was just curious how your lack of sleep give you more anxiety. This happens to me too, I usually feel like i wouldn't function well if i'm not rested enough... is that your same reason? 

Shadowkins

Clonazepam is a very strong drug but ten days is not enough time to become dependant. He has given you this medication instead of one of the milder drugs most likely because of the state you are in. He will most likely switch you to something less strong for long term use.  You don't become addicted to this class of medication.(physical addiction like heroin) You become dependant. ( a mental need more than physical) Doing the program stops this from happening. So why not just do the program? Because you are not in a mental state to absorb it. Sort of catch 22. Also with all medication if you feel it is making you sick then reduce it or stop it but make sure the doctor or emergency ward knows you are doing it. Sorry if this sounds scary, it isn't meant to and you may have no side effect other than the sleepiness. Most drugs have minor side effects till your body gets used to them.
By now you should be feeling much calmer and sleeping well.

Davit.

Thanks Davit,
I know you're right, I'm just so terrified of becoming addicted to the clonazepam. He did tell me to use it for 10 days , so I will continue as you suggest and speak with the doc. on Monday.
Thanks for your input and honesty , it is always appreciated.

Your friend
shadowkins
Shadowkins

You are making a small mistake here and it is one that most people make. Trying to cut the medication to what is just working leaves the negative thoughts to close to the surface. The only way to tell if it is time to cut it is when the negative is so far buried that you start forgetting to take it. Remember the negative thoughts can still be happening when you are sleeping. (Agitated feeling upon waking.) You can take herbals with the meds but they will only make you more sleepy.
They work best as a transition when you do finally start to reduce the meds, increasing them as you reduce the meds till you are off the meds. I was out in my garden looking at my Lemon Balm to see if it survived the winter when I realized that I seldom need it any more. And it works when I need it even better to shut down panic than it used to. There is hope here.
Unfortunately Naturopaths like the doctors have there own agenda. One thing at a time, I would save the Naturopaths for if you have trouble with the meds. Any thing they can do for you will be slower to work. My recommendation would be to hit it hard with the meds and when you are feeling more positive then see what they have to offer. 
Surprisingly it was my Medical doctor that recommended the Lemon Balm when I was tapering off Ativan.

Davit.

Reading this thread: