Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Pleasant Activities

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

I can't take credit for the pictures, only the editing. They were taken by two French men who hiked way back into the mountains around me. I'd love to be able to go back there but alas I do not have the body to do that. Mac has a very easy program to crop and colour correct. A lot of the pictures I played with looking for that calming mood. (mostly removing too much bright sky.)
I was looking for that impression that you are standing right there. 
You take better pictures than me, I just have good help correcting my mistakes. 
I believe Fireweed has some medicinal use also. The seed pods are very fluffy like cotton and were used to stuff diapers and moccasins.

Your friend,
Davit
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,

The fireweed is a really beautiful flower...Just goes to prove even weeds can be a positive and help with erosion.  I love your new picture you put up today of the wildflowers and pine trees.  Your pictures just get more beautiful all the time.  You are really very talented with the camera.  Thank you for sharing them with us.  I do find them very calming and now have more pretty pictures in my mind to call upon when I need to relax....They really do help and are good for the mind and spirit...

Your friend,
Red
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red 

Common fireweed. It grows in logged off or fire killed areas. Some times on disturbed poor ground. It grows in my yard. About 3 to 5 feet tall and only the one colour.

Your friend 
Davit.
Hi Ashley,

Thank you!

I took this picture while out on a walk about at the zoo Sunday..They have trails of botanicals there. These two beautiful orchids were on what the call a fern canyon trail.  I have always loved orchids. I am glad you enjoyed them.

Red
13 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,

I was noticing your picture today too.  It is so beautiful!  Where is it taken?

Ashley, Health Educator
Davit,

I am really enjoying the pictures you are putting up.  I love your flowers and the surrounding mountains!! What kind of flowers are they?  They are just lovely to look at.   You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place... It looks like what I call Gods country.

Thanks again.
Your Friend,
Red
Hi Sunny:  I really  love this one and the scrappy look.  Its my favorite so far.  I guess I will have do a simple 9-patch next....
I can see where it would be a bit more fiddley cutting out the pieces and all but it was sure worth it, it came out beautifully....
You are really very talented... Thanks for the pic.

See you next time.
Your friend,
Red
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red:  I put the pic up of this second quilt I finished.  It is made of mens' shirt material from a shirt factory.  Someone gave me a bag full of the leftover pieces after they are cut out of the fabric.  It's a bit more fiddley because the pieces to work with are small.  It's just a simple 9-patch.  I put flannelette on the back to make it extra warm.  I call these scrappy quilts. 
The baby quilt was all new material though.

Your friend,
Sunny
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunny,
   I never would have thought about chemicals in the sprays...that's too bad about the allergies..sounds scary...one time my hubby bought me flowers...that doesn't happen very often....ha.... and I had an allergic reaction...just the usual runny eyes and nose and sneezing, but I thought it was the flowers themselves...hmm, maybe they were sprayed with some chemical. Anyhow, good to know.
Purple Coneflower...now I have to look that one up!
Bye for now,
Juanita
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Juanita:  Nice to see your happy pic again.  Thanks for the compliment.  I used to be a floral designer.  Unfortunately my allergies got the better of me and I had to retire from it.  It wasn't the flowers or plants, it was the chemicals we use for them, the sprays, etc.  My windpipe would squeeze up and I would get heart palpitations.  I would end up talking in a high squeaky voice by the end of the day and feel headachey all the time.  My doctor advised me to quit or wear a medic alert bracelet at all times.  The little round flowers are the dried centres from Purple Coneflower.  I just made up a bouquet of all the dried stuff left in the garden. 

Yoiur friend, Sunny

Reading this thread: