Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Pleasant Activities

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Everyone.

I have top of the line tools so it is a joy to work wood. It is not much different than here. On this site you have top of the line tools to work with you just need to put in the time with them. The candle holder has quite a few hours in it but the result is worth it and it lasts. Anything worth doing is worth doing right with love and patience. Including this program.

See why I love woodwork. I can take something considered only fit for firewood and see the beauty in it and with some love and attention turn it into something beautiful. (I do salvage interesting pieces from the firewood pile) I can go into my shop a shaking anxious wreck and come out later calm as can be. I'm not saying go out and spend thousands on tools, I am saying being creative will give you confidence and peace of mind.

And it does make me feel good to share.

Here for you,
Davit.

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Davit ....that is stunning...you are very talented!
Juanita
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit:  awesome woodwork, artwork!  Beautiful.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,

Beautiful pic and beautiful work of art..Your are very talented.

Your forever friend,
Red.
Davit,
I'm not sure whether I'm astute or  not...cause it tok me many readings of your post to really understand what you mean. I think I do now....
Since I didnt think anyone would ever, in  a million years, understand what I was  going  through, I built a wall around me, and clung on to "my" anxiety/panic...now learning how its  the same for so many others...well, it no longer needs to be "mine" only. It is not a secret anymore.  After all, it is  negative verses positive.
 What you say makes such sense...as usual!
Thanks
Juanita
I'd love to think I am an inspiration to some other people..just like you (and the other members) have been to me
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Juanita,

The term might be selfish. This is my panic and I'm not sharing it! You can't understand it anyway! The fact as you noticed is that it is not yours, and we all share it, and we do understand it. The fact that I think I have a patent on my panic is not true. When you break it down to its main components it is the same one we all have. Negative verses positive. "The panic," not yours or mine. Very astute observation. Juanita you are a wonder and inspiration to us all.

Here for you
Your friend 
Davit.
Hi Ashley, and everyone reading this post,
It means Everything to me.   I'm the person that I wanted to be for so many years.
Learning how to rid myself of  anxiety has improved all the areas of my life..even with my relationship with my sons...I'm more open to the positives, and don't dwell on "what ifs'.

Here's another little thing I've learned about myself..I  used to term things as "mine"..like.."my' pains, "my" anxiety, 'my" panic...now I'm using those words in  a more generic way..."the " anxiety, "the"' panic...it's like that part of "me" has disappeared..there must be a term for that type of thinking...all I know is that I like it! Sorry, I got off-topic.
Juanita

13 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Juanita!

I am happy I asked the question, I enjoyed reading your answer.  I am sure it will be inspiring to many!

Now an even better question: Looking back at all you have learned what does it mean to you knowing how far you have come?

Ashley, Health Educator
Thanks everyone! I had a great day!
Ashley,
I barely know where to start in answering your question....so many things have changed in my life.....this program has taught me so much ..how to  deal with   my anxiety and be free of panic attacks...that is an amazing thing for me. I only wish I had known about CBT 20 years ago....but thats ok........ I am able to cope so much better, my "what ifs"  have all but disappeared.
If I were to pick out one thing from this course that has had  the most effect on my thinking  its the challenging negative thoughts section ...that was where I just knew I could get better...it makes so  much sense...
 Oh, and just knowing that I'm not alone, that so many other wonderful people have suffered like me..(not that I wish that on anyone)....I don't feel alone  in my struggle anymore.  I have made life-long friends here...That's two things isnt it? Ha..oh well, who's really counting? I've learned to ask for help and  accept it...I'm easier on myself....And I'm getting so much better at typing!haha...
Here's just a small list of some of the things I do now, that I didnt do last year(and lots of them I avoided for many , many years)....(to all the new people...this is the truth...I owe all this to this program)
Go see a doctor calmly,#1 thing for me, have my BP tested,  have medical tests without anxiety, shop in the grocery store without needing a cart to hold on to, go to all sorts of places by myself, go in an airport and look at planes, take elevators, drive over bridges, walk long wharfs, go to a hairdresser..thats all I can think of right now....except the most important....
                                    I'm in control of me now...not the anxiety!
Are you regretting asking me that question now? Haha...I could go on ...but I won't!
Everyone take care,
Juanita

13 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Birthdat Juanita!

Looking back what have you learned since your last birthday?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: