Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Quote of the Day Part Two

11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs,

Well, as you can see, my Avatar is not of John Oats.  I tried to post it, but it came out distorted, so I posted a monochromatic painting I did when the movie, "Young Guns" came out.  On the left is Lou Diamond Phillips, center is Kiefer Sutherland, and Emilio Estevez is on the right.  I have another painting of Italian Greyhounds that I did, but it's a vertical painting and this Young Guns painting fits better as an Avatar, because it's horizontal.  I added what country I am from, it says Canada, but I'm from the U.S., so I'll see if I can fix that.  I thought about writing my hobbies as well.

Hey Hugs,

I like paint by number too :)  I have a very stylistic way of drawing and when I paint, I usually draw it on a canvas or canvas board and then paint it.  It doesn't matter how you do it, the great thing about it is, that it's still art :)  My Mom can do beautiful free hand paintings with no sketching.  I avoid watercolors; you can't really control the watery colors and they seep and blend where they're not supposed to.  I think it stems from a teacher screaming at me in class, because I colored outside of the lines.  I like acrylics, because if you make a mistake you can use soapy water on a cloth and "erase" it :)  I'm going to switch my Avatar, so you can see a drawing I did in 1982 when I was a teenager.  It's a portrait of John Oats from Hall & Oats.  I thought it was an interesting picture and wanted to practice drawing portraits.  Let me know what you think.  I'm very interested in knowing more about your avatar.

Shari
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shari,
My paint-by-number experiences confirm that too
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The greatest step man could make would be the elimination of panic disorders. I believe they lower our resistance also and contribute to other health problems.

Davit.
Love the quote Hugs!  

I wonder if he was relating that to one of his paintings.  Like, referring to a series of brush strokes which make up a great painting :)

Artist Shari
Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.
- Vincent Van Gogh

Remember the walk the moon by american astronauts? The words stated by Neil Armstrong, who took those first steps, were similar to Vincent Van Gogh's statement..."one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind".
Others have done it before me. I can, too.
- Corporal John Faunce

I like Marianne's quote too
Hi

Good one.

Davit
11 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found a quote the other day that I thought we could all relate to.

"Nothing binds you except your thoughts; nothing limits you except your fear; and nothing controls you except your beliefs."
-Marianne Williamson
Hugs.   Anything worth doing is worth doing right. No exceptions, no short cuts. This doesn't mean wasting a lot of time making it perfect it means making it right, there is a difference.

Shari I said it. And I believe it is a fact. It goes with, how do you know you are right if you are never wrong.

Davit.

Reading this thread: