Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Very Panicky Today

12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Debora.

I am sorry your husband lashed out at you today..I am also glad you were able to put this aside and do your hair..This really shows how good you are getting at turning negative thoughts into positive ones. Since your husband and son are going to be gone on Saturday maybe this would be a perfect opportunity to turn the day in to a ME day while they are gone..Maybe a nice hot bath or painting your nails a pretty color..Something just for you as a reward..because you deserve it..

Have a nice weekend

Red..... 
12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carmie,

I hope you had a nice day today. I know I hate the dizziness too that is why I cannot take a SSRI antidepressant because for some reason the dizziness and nausea is SO bad then I regurgitate, I think thats the only thing worse than panic is dizziness and nausea I do understand. Today was mixed my husband took a comment I made the wrong way and we had an argument, and I am too weak and fragile yet to argue, I do not want to argue anytime! He filled our truck tank up and it cost $84.00?! So I just said "whoa thats high" and he really started a war with me, I did not mean anything against him, more the gas prices, then he told me my hair looked terrible, so I kinda broke down in tears, its so hard to recover when so many people around you are so critical and negative, especially in you're own home, I think my period is coming and I always get super-sensitive and depressed before it, they are going out all day Saturday for about 12 hours so I know I will be home bleeding heavy and cramping, not looking forward to it, scary, but someway I will have too get through it, I have no choice.

The good news is I trimmed, colored and deep conditioned my hair today, after his comment, maybe it got me going, and it looks better, the color is a soft strawberry light blonde and even through its a homemade job, it looks a lot better, anything would of looked better, it was pretty bad, so hopefully that will life my spirits, I am going to try to walk the dogs in awhile.

I guess one day at a time for now, my friend said I need not too be so sensitive and develop a "thicker-skin" and I would like too, but she had to understand this condition takes time and courage and strength can come slowly, at least for me, I hope and pray for the day I will be strong and brave again, and not so scared and worried. You sound good, I am so glad the strep is gone, I knew the antibotic would kick in and I am so happy. Hope to hear from you soon, its so good hearing from you.
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Debora,
I am so sorry to read that you had such a bad day.  I can relate completely.  As you might know, the first symptom I usually experience is dizziness.  I can remember phone calls and visits from relatives that have caused me to have to sit down because the room began to spin.
Maybe we can challenge ourselves to read through the section on Relationships.  I haven't made it a priority because most of my relationships are healthy and happy - but it's those unhealthy ones or the ones that need some tuning that can really have a great impact. 
I am glad to read the box breathing helped and the prayers.  I really can see you are getting better and I hope you can too.  It's simply not easy but you are strong and a fighter and I know you will get through this!
Carmie
Thank You Vincenzia,

I have calmed down a little. The heart palps were very scary. The box breathing and my pill helped and I said some prayers.

You are absolutely correct I have too focus on my own healing. I cannot worry about "not doing enough" for others, my brother is going through a rough time, but putting guilt on me does not help me, I feel guilty enough about this condition and what it has done too my life and freedom and how its impacted my family. From now on I will have too remember this because all it did was bring scary symptoms, I still am not back to "normal" but trying to let go and go on. Thank you Vincenzia.
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deb,

Sorry to hear of these situations that have caused you more anxiety. 
I want to draw attention to what you said yourself:  "I have to stop worrying about everyone and take care of myself".  You spend a lot of precious time and energy when you are worrying about others.  This is time that you need to focus on your own healing. 

What can you say to your husband and/or brother, in this scenario, in order to take care of yourself first?

Vincenza, Health Educator
I have been doing fairly well for awhile, I hope and pray that does not end today, I am very nervous and panicky today because of a few situations, I am having left arm pain and chest palps, and I know its due to nerves and situations that arose today.

I did not think my therapist was going to come today because its a legal holiday, Martin Luther King Day, normally on legal holidays he does NOT come, my husband did not want him to come anyway because he was cooking chicken on the grill and was here, usually he leaves with my son to give us privacy, the theapist comes to my home, I called him and he was on his way over apparently he did work today, he heard my husband I think in the background say "just tell him to come next week, its a holiday and I am cooking" he said he would not come today and would come next week, but I think he was a little upset about it, and my brother called and wanted me to order him a pizza on my debit card for him {he lives in Ohio and I live in Fl} he has been unemployed and just started working and has not got paid, he said all he had was a can of baked beans too eat, but I have ordered him a pizza this way four times over the last two months and last time they said they do NOT like to do it this way because its long distance and they dont like doing it on the phone, so it probably wont go through, I feel so guilty and bad about this, I dont want too see my brother go hungry or my therapist upset, but both these things would upset my husband, so what can I do?? I have to live with him, I just feel like they are upset and I think that is what the problem is, these heart palps and symptoms. I have to stop worrying about everyone and take care of myself I know but I hate too upset anyone! I just took a pill and I am going to do some breathing, I dont want to have a heart attack, I am scared

I will probably calm down once the benzo kicks in and the breathing. Does anyone else get this when they feel like they are letting people down? It was so wonderful to have these symptoms go away and now they are back, and its really scaring me.

Reading this thread: