Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Very Panicky Today

12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Debora,
Just wanted to say hi as Matilda did.  Hope you can find ways to distract you from the discomfort (I know that's putting it mildly). 
I know that everything will work out as you hope it will.  It's important to take a step back sometimes to see how far along we've progressed.  I also like to think that my life is better now because I have learned so many wonderful techniques and have made some nice new friends.
Peace,
Carmie
12 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deb

Just wanted to say hello really.  Sorry to hear you are not having a great time of it, but think how well you coped when you were on your own.  I hope you feel better soon.

All the Best

Matilda x
12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,

Thank you for telling me you were leaving town and would not be on-line for awhile I am glad you told me I would of been concerned if I did not hear from you. That is good you are going on a little "get-a-way" have a wonderful restful time. And thank you again for you're support regarding my therapist, I think its time too move on from him, I had forgot to tell you he referred to me as "self-absorbed" and that hurt, this condition tends to do that to a person but they do not mean to be that way and they feel terrible about it. Maybe after a year its run its course, I know it upset me and therapy is supposed to help you get better not feel worse about yourself, but I am very sensitive today perhaps, all those nasty hormones. Please write when you get back.
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Debora,
It's good to hear you are feeling a little better now..Sounds like getting something to eat and having a little nap does help..
I will have to give that one a try myself..I will be out of town and off line for a while so if you don't see me here not to worry, all is fine..I am just taking a little time for myself right now..I'll stop by when I get back..Well gotta go for now and get some of that shut eye you were talking about myself..Hope you have a better day tomarrow..

Take care.
Red...

Hi Vincenzia and Red,

Thank you for writing me. I had some soup and a sandwitch and took a nap sometimes sleep is all that helps. You are right Vincenzia it is kind of a rollarcoaster ride lately for me up and down up and down. This time of month is always the worst through, its a week of mood swings, high anxiety and depression then a few days of bad pre-cramps followed by a heavy flow with exhaustion! Not good but nothing I can really do but accept it and try to go with it, you cannot stop it I know just try to get  through it, I have had this most of my life but peri-menopause has made it worse, along with the fear and worry of it lately.

I was thinking about you're question Vincenzia and it is a good one. I am better than when I started the program, I know I have a ways to go yet but yes in some ways I am much better and improved. I need to concentrate on that and go with it.
I will look into the alternative ways of health care you mentioned, I hear good things about them. A change is needed.

Thanks for thinking of me Red. Yes today was NOT a good therapy day, I should of cancelled because of the way I felt, but I did not see him for about a month due to the holidays and one day he was not feeling well, I wished HE would of cancelled today, when he left I just felt worse and this time of month that does not take much! Hoping the worst of it is over soon.

I will be all alone all day tommarow again with pain and bleeding and I get so weak but I will try too sleep and rest a lot and that helps the time pass, the first two days are always the worst, I am almost through one of them now, Wednesday should be better hopefully. I am going to read a little and try to unwind. Thank you both so much for you're words of wisdom.
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Debora..

Sorry to hear your not feeling to chipper today..Glad to hear you got through Saturday ok and all went well..I can see where you might want to stop seeing your therapist especially if you do not think he is helping you..If he said that about my hair I would of been upset too and coming a half hour early and with a cold. I definitely would not of liked that either.What was he was thinking anyway!! How rude and insensitive!! I can see where you might not think he had your best interests at heart.     Remember it is your decision whether you want to see him or not..Do what is best for you Debora..We will not judge you in any way here and will stand by you in any decision you make..

Thinking of you tonight...
Red....
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deb, 

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling great today.  This rollercoaster ride is unpredictable isn't it?  

If you think back to say when you first joined the PC community, how would you describe your state of mind?  What improvements have you noticed over time?  I know it often gets difficult for you this time of the month, but have you noticed any changes, even during these times (good or bad)?

Do you have an opportunity to work with another type of health care practitioner?  Someone like a massage
 therapist or acupuncturist may help in the midst of looking for a new therapist..
Its so nice to hear from my two ladies Sunny and Carmie.

I could not get internet access yesterday our computer was down all day I wanted to write you both back and thank you and tell you I got through the night alright, it was not easy but I did it and they had a great time so all went pretty well yesterday.

Today not so good. My period started and I know its going to be 3 or 4 days of cramping bleeding and tiredness, I hope that does not sound negative, I guess it is what it is, but I ALWAYS seem to go down during it even through I try to think positive, its on time this month {for once} not late some I am hoping it wont be as bad, very bad night of cramping and I am so tired from the flow and hormones, may it pass quickly, I am going to try to ignore it, but it makes me feel so tired and bad.

My therapist came today and it did not go well. He came half an hour early and I was dripping wet in a towel so I had to make him wait at the door for five minutes, he also had a cold and I am so mad he came sick, that is all I need is a bad cold on top of my period, I always stay home when I am sick, I hope I do not catch it because it always goes into broncitis, so I am praying I dont get it. I think its "run its course" with him, I asked him if he noticed my hair and he said it looked "different" which I dont think is a compliment, I deep conditioned and colored it last week and I think it looks much better, he said "you need to brush it out" and that made me angry, it would of been brushed had he not come a half an hour early, I just got out of the shower, I thought that should of not been said, he seems out of sorts with me because I guess he feels like I should be better. He said "you really fear dying dont you?" and I do but that is what I am seeing him for, my phobias and fears, its been almost a year, maybe its time for a change, its just SO hard to find someone in the evening or too come to the house, my husband leaves the house at 6:00am and does not get home till 6:00pm and I dont have a car or drive, I wish I could find a woman therapist that worked late but I tried and so far no luck, I do not feel comfortable talking to a man about my periods or other intimate things, our insurance is limited but I will try, I get the feeling he wants it too end too, so I may stop it next month, the insurance will run out anyway so that will be a good excuse. I so so wanted therapy to help me and it has not.

I am sorry I sound negative, my period always drags me down, all I want to do is sleep, I am older now and I guess its harder too get through. This too will pass hopefully. I hope everyone is doing well. Please write back when you can.
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi D:  I'm not on the site as much anymore.  I'm sort of easing myself off. 

Hope your evening was okay.  Prayer can be like a meditation too.
My dog is a yellow lab, small, mixed with ? we don't know.  all the dogs I have owned have been rescue dogs.  This one was found on the street, half her hair was missing and she had had a litter of puppies but no one knew where they were.  It did look though as if she had just weaned them.  Maybe somebody kept the puppies and threw her out?  Don't know.  I used to visit her for almost a month while they fixed her up and she was neutered, etc.  Happy to say her coat is beautiful now, didn't take long to grow in healthily and yes, she is spoilt.  oh well....I don't mind

Sunny
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning, Debora,

I hope that your night was not too bad.  I have heard that perimenopause can be extremely challenging.  I'm not looking forward to it.  Thank goodness I learned about anxiety this year so I'll hopefully have a few years to practice CBT before I have to cope with this.  It does sound very scary. 

I had to work a bit this morning and I am hoping to spend a nice day with the family.  We are not big football fans but a lot of our friends are pretty excited to watch a game today - so we will likely join them to have a little fun.

Hope you have a very nice Sunday,
Annemarie

Reading this thread: