Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,692 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Strongyogi*, TNIKKA

Very Panicky Today

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all,

I could easily make today a negative day. I'm going to have to clear that snow that I and Sunny are enjoying watching fall and fill the trees. I am sore from running boards through my planer and I have a chocolate hangover. But I have had my one coffee this morning and I am enjoying the snow, sore back or not I am going to be able to build the shelf I need and it is going to be nice. The hangover will go. It is warmer so I will get outside and after sunny comes back from taking the dog for a walk and pictures (it is so pretty with fresh snow covering everything) we will make a cherry pie. Fresh bread and soup for lunch. Life is good hey. Life is what you make it and today I am going to make it good. And the snow falling really is very pretty and worth the trouble to clear the driveway. Spring is coming. Seeds are ordered, next month is short and all this snow will fill the ponds for the ducks and geese.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi D. and Carmie and Davit:  just wanted to say my positive today is looking out the window at the trees covered with snow - just like on those pretty calendars - and sipping my coffee, thinking about my day and what I am going to do, looking forward to going for my walk with my dog. 

Yesterday we cut our walk short.  As we were walking along the road she kept hesitating and I was wondering why.  She'd walk three, four feet then stop and sniff and look at me, then continue.  After awhile I saw what she probably smelled.  There were two sets of tracks, like dog tracks, quite fresh, on the road.  I decided to turn and go back as they looked like coyote tracks.  Davit has been teaching me.  These tracks look like dog tracks but smaller than the wolf tracks I saw last time.  I am going to take a photo of the road we walk and post it.  Going to wait to get a sunny day.

Yesterday I made the multi-grain bread Davit taught me, all by myself.  It turned out well.  As I was outside yesterday, I asked Davit to cut me the end slice when he took it out of the oven - I love the crispy ends - and I ate it outside.  What a treat.

Now, I'd like to hear something positive about someone else's day.  :-)

Sunny

12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Debora,
I'm so sorry to know that you had a bad night.  It's terrible to suffer so.  I hope that today will be better.  I have a good feeling that it will be.  I like Davit's suggestion that you share some positive things about yourself here.  We all care about your situation and I think it's a terrific idea.  I have genuinely found that nothing combats anxious thoughts quite like positive ones! 
Wishing you peace today!
12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thank for writing me guys,

I am having a very bad day. In fact I think I may of had an attack I started crying and shaking when I got up. My monthly seems to have come back but this happens every month, I taper for a day then I start for a day, I drank a lot of orange juice the last few days and I am urinating a lot, its making me nervous, usually I get like this the first day of my monthly not the third, I feel so very scared and petrified, I just took my pill and trying to box breathing and nothing is really helping, my husband is angry because I am having a setback and believe me no one is more upset than me, I am having all these horrible bodily symptoms and I am having trouble controlling them, I cannot stop crying I think there is something very wrong with me and I cannot shake it. I do not want to go back to having full blown attacks my body probably could not take that. I wish I could pinpoint WHY this is happening out of the blue, probably the bleeding and the urinating and feeling weak. Is this normal? does every woman go way down during thier periods even half way through it? I handled the first two days good, why now? I am even shaking now. I am sorry I am rambling I have too calm down I cant let this happen and I dont know why?
Debora.

In my opinion and it is only my opinion, you might do just as well without a therapist. You don't need one to remind you to stay positive or how to do it. The members are doing that. So far all your therapist seems to be doing is giving you one more negative thing to dwell on. And you do. 
Tell me about your hair, what colour is it? is it short or long? Do you have bangs? Yes guys know about these things. Is it layered, streaked? 
These are all positives. 
Here is a simple exercise. Find something to brag about and post it here. That is a positive. Accomplishments no matter how simple they are, are positives. How about something funny you did, or your dogs did. Everyone has something funny or interesting to write about. Like I said before, vent but end it on a positive note. It will grow on you.
You are not alone, I know people with just as much trouble doing this as you do. You can do it.
I know because I have seen you do it here. 

Davit.
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Debora,
I remember that dying your hair was important and I thought it was terrific when I read that you did it.  I remember that you knew it looked great - that's what matters. 
I think that a lot of us here are always striving to please others.  I know that it is a fear of mine - disappointing people.  Perhaps that's why I have anxiety - because it is impossible to please everyone, as we all know, so I am often anxious something that is out of my control.  What is important for me is to make choices that I can be proud of - and in your case, I believe that you did something you can be proud of by taking extra care of your physical appearance. So, I hope that you are still proud of yourself.
Perhaps you can look for another therapist while continuing to see the old one.  I don't know about you - but I haven't yet done the homework for the Relationships section as I mentioned I would but perhaps there is some good advice for relationships with therapists. 
You are another moment nearer to having your monthly over!  I hope you find reasons to smile today!
Carmie 
Hi Davit,

Normally I would not bring up my hair to the therapist. One of my "goals" that we had made and I wrote down was too have my hair done, so I trimmed, deep-conditioned and lightned it to a soft strawberry blonde, it looked very very bad before Davit and it looks much better now, he was the one that brought up I should do it, he said "if you look better you will feel better". What got me upset Davit was that he made a negative comment about it after knowing he arrived almost 40 minutes early and I had just gotten out of the shower and did not have time to do a "brush-out" even not brushed out it looks much much better. Had it not been one of his goals for me I would not have brought it up. Perhaps I am over-reacting, I am sensitive, but he could of phrased it differently. I think its pretty much run its course for both of us, but finding someone is hard in my situation. Thanks.
Debora

Personally I do think you over reacted. Your therapist is there to help you, not pamper you, besides you set him up by taking the session to something personal rather than your condition. He should not have answered but took you back on line. You should never ask a question if you are not going to like the answer. Was his answer honest? Your therapist is supposed to teach you the skills you need to handle your condition.  
I think a lot of my anxiety and sadness and fear stem from that session with my therapist. I feel he insulted me and put me down. My nurse wants me seeing a therapist but if its the wrong one that is not beneficial. That hair comment really bothered me, am I over-reacting?? I so much want him to help me but it does seem to be going in the other direction, I am going to try and find a woman or alternative as Vincenzia suggested, finding the right person too help me recover is proving too be hard here at home.
Hi Carmie and Matilda,

It was so nice too log on and see you're replies. Today has been very rough, I am having a very bad period, I am very weak an dizzy and of course I am alone, this time of month always sets me back and takes so long to recover from, I cannot wait till its over! I am trying to stay off my feet and rest, but nothing really helps, hopefully tommarow it will taper and I will feel stronger, I think I need some iron. Sorry I sound shaky, it means so much to hear everyone is praying and rooting for me, thank you.

Reading this thread: