Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

What are the odds?!

16 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again Den, and congratulations on going ahead with your quit. I think I slept 9 or 10 hours a day for the first three days of my quit. It's better than craving for a cigarette you know you aren't going to get, and sleeping has got to be good for you. I read that some people get insomnia when they quit. If, like me, you can sleep okay, maybe you should think yourself lucky and do as much of it as you can. All the best. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �31.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Danielle! Okay so it is almost 2 hours now, i got that feeling that you get at night when you are almost out of cigs and the store is closing soon. I kinda feel like a cigarette but it is more the fact that i don't have one if i want one. I can't get it out of my mind that is problem #1. If i could stop thinking about the fact that i quit, it would be a WHOLE lot easier. So i am going to bed early tonight just to try and make the quit smoking thought get out of my head. Good Night All and here's to a smoke free day tomorrow for everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Den, CONGRATULATIONS! This is the first day of the rest of your life! And what a fantastic, healthy, wealthy smell-free world it will be! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
GOOD-BYE OLD FRIEND. So long, hope i never have to see you again. 7:19pm Sunday, January 06, 2008 last cigarette finished. Hell week has begun. Wishing me the best. I have gotten rid of friends who are "toxic" to me before, so i know i can do this. Ashtray, lighter straight in the garbage. Window open. Let the fresh air come in. Going to do my nails and read my book. You will hear from me tomorrow night after work. Thanks so much for your support. And again...goodbye old friend. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Den, work the first 3 steps over and over and over. Come here and read and post. Tell them at work that you have quit and you may need to get up and take a small walk when it get to be to much. Keep the water by you and yes drink it ;p Serenity prayer helps too. Just hang on and you will get though it, I promise. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 251 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,510 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $376.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Den, YOU CAN DO THIS. I know you have the desire and that is important but please stay close to the boards as there is always someone to help you if you need it. Take one day at a time and lots of deep breathing. Hey Den if I could do it anyone can everyone bet against me and boy did I show them. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 291 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,730 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,837.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Well, today...Just three cigs left and 2:20pm. So i will be quitting before tomorrow a.m. I woke up this morning with only 5 cigs left so i have only had 2 since i have been up. No real strong desire to have one, just not sure when to have my last one (want to make sure it is perfect timing?! ;p) There haven't been any stressors or anything today either. tomorrow i start back to work after the holidays, so that will keep me busy. I think i really need to keep my mind busiest, out of anything, cause it is on my mind 24/7 (quitting). My "mantra" before going to sleep last night was "please relieve me of the obsession and compulsion to smoke" over and over and over until i feel asleep. So, tomorrow is the official date but i will run out before then. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
Den how are you doing today? Check in and let us know. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 251 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,510 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $376.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
OMG Sparky!! Now i know i am not alone! Thanks so much for identifying yourself. You are right in sooo many ways. I know i am not quitting for anyone else but me, cause no one really bothers me about it. Thanks for your insight, definitely helps! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -15 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-5.70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -1577
Hi, Den and welcome to SSC. That test only confirmed what I already knew about my smoking. I was so afraid to quit, just like you and I were afraid of quitting drinking, remember? Yes I am in recovery also. You will go though very similar feeling when you quit. One thing I do know you really have to be ready, just like when you were ready to quit drinking. You have to do it only for you and know one else. Work the 12 with your quit. Change the wording to I am powerless over cigarettes and they make my life unmanageable. I am always hesitant to mention this because I do not want other to think they can keep smoking and quitting over and over, but it took me a long time to get quit. I come from the school of hard knocks and really would hate to see other follow what I did. That being said Den you can quit. It will be somewhat uncomfortable in the beginning but you can do it. Call on your HP and remember it is only for today; tomorrow will take care of its self. Good luck on your quit and remember we are alway here for you. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 250 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $375.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38

Reading this thread: