Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Hello !

17 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jean, It has been a pleasure getting to know you and watching how you are dealing with your quit. You are one determined lady and should be proud of yourself. Keep on pampering yourself you do kind of get used to it. It was something I never took the time to do. I am a March Mellow but I will jump into your April thread to cheer you on. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 397 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $123.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Since I first posted the exact same day I quit I've NEVER felt more positive about this quit! Just yesterday I was feeling the effects of fatigue and once again posted and I put all of these responses into effect -- Take care of me with pampering, rest and more rest if needed. I've also come to see that so many are suffering.. truly suffering from anxieties, depression, mood swings and whole battery of other effects since quitting. I wish I could alleviate these feelings for them. There are so many things which we've oblviously masked while we smoked and now that the smoke is gone it's opening a pandora's box filled with all the things we hiding from. I will NOT allow myself to fall into a trap which I know is part of the process of quitting. So many changes are occuring and I know as time goes on I too will not be immune to these changes but I'm going to fight everything tooth and nail falling back to my long list of dealing and coping mechanisms to deal and cope with everything which comes my way. I truly feel badly for anyone going through such a trying time. And then when I see that some of these people end up slipping or relapsing I can so feel their pain and anger at themselves for doing so. My introduction is pretty much over in this thread. My 1st week as a non smoker is coming up and then it's time to move on to starting other threads. I want to celebrate every day with the best attitude possible.. It's something, a way, for me to get through each moment of every day and I always have to have that attitude of positivity in sight. Without it I'll fall into the trap and I will surely fail. See you on future threads..... J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 145 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
Hey Phil! Yes, it seems you're quite famous here ;) For sure I'll give Monica a hug for you.. terrific gal! As for the patches - well, some of the dreams are quite weird, but some are OMG sooooooo good *wink wink* Besides I'm too afraid to remove the patch for fear that I'll wake up with horrible craves in the morning. Will stick with my plan and if I end up with nightmares then I'll decide what to do. J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $41 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
!! Looks as though my reputation got here befor me.... 3 things I know you have a great quit buddy give her a hug from me please! Watch those patches at night I tried keepoing them on and very quickly lapsed into nightnmares!! Well done! Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 243 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1275.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jean, If these dreams don't bother you terribly or disrupt your sleep significantly, just keep following the course of treatment as directed. Danielle ____________________ The SSC Support Team
Hey Kayla! Gotta keep the attitude alive :) All positives and all celebratory with each passing crave and each passing day ! We had such a blast today -- We watched "Saw 3"..OMG ! ! Skeeeery as hell ! :8o: Had a super time ! There were 4 of us who are now non smokers and have to admit we all kind of took turns having a crave and we all helped one another through each one. Overall it was a super day and now I'm totally exhausted..lol.. Forgot to mention in an earlier post about all these fantastical dreams I'm having. Must be due to the patch.. Now.. some of them are just plain weird BUT, there was one with Benjamin Pratt (Law and Order fame).. it just couldn't GET any more intimate OR real .. :eg: I have read that people take their patches off before going to bed but I'm too afraid that without it I would wake up with a huge craving -- beside's that, I don't want to give up these 'dreams'..yummy!! LMAO Well I'm hoping that some of the April '07 quitters see me post about starting a 'club' and I'm also hoping that everyone is having a great long weekend :) J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 92 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jean welcome God I love your attitude!!!!! You are a blessing and one of us non smokers. You prepared for your quit and doing all the right things. I'm glad I don't live near you with your cooking. I'm working on losing some weight. It's tough enough after 40 and harder after quitting. I always find ways to doctor up the celery sticks and carrots (cream cheese)etc... Heck I can lose the weight we cannot however lose our lungs way to go!! Hang on to that determination!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 755 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $231 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Oh yes Stormy I AM hanging on to all the positivity I can muster up! I'm just sooooooooooo INTO this quit.. full of vim and vigour and also happiness! I mean like really happy :) :) I find that I have control over this nasty and horrible addiction. It HAD control over me and now that is so totally in the past. I'm kicking 'it' to the curb so that I can finally be free of it. Oh yes 1939bear I am from Toronto CANADA and still waiting for spring! But the weather will not deter me from going for walks.. I find it to be a great stress reliever as well as, like I said in another post, clearing the cob webs..lol! I'm having friends and some family over tomorrow and we're all going to watch a movie together :) Bought the pop corn (no trans fats..lol), diet pop (caffiene free..hehe), and a mixture of sugar free stuff too! All of us are on diets, some more extreme than other's and we are ALL NON SMOKER'S ! Have a great day ! J xo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 63 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jean49 You must live in Canada.This is the only country in the world beside,s Russia that has 6 months of winter and 6 months of bad skating !!! Glad to see you,ve decided to quite the butt.I,m 68 and smoked for 50 years so you can teach an old dog new tricks.You,ll get lots of support here so keep reading and posting and Good Luck on his quit. :) Bear
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jean, Day one...done Day 2 ...done Day 3 will be easier Tuesday will be the best day yet, just ask Phil. Keep going! Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,541 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $247.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30

Reading this thread: