Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,506 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

APRIL quitters !

17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Red]Good Afternoon everyone ! Yes Danielle, I'm going back to basics since I stepped down yesterday and so far things seem to be going well. I've had a few major craves but I just do what I did with the other's when I was on the 20 mg patch --- WALK WALK WALK ! :) BANANA ! Welcome aboard :) It's a great site huh ? And yes, ohhh my goodness I've noticed the smells.. some are great but some are just HORRIBLE ! LOL ! And yes, we DO ROCK Alanna ! Stay close and post often k? Big welcome to Unpacked.. cool name :p And we share the same quit date as well :) Well as I mentioned to everyone who comes here, read read read and please be sure to check in often to let everyone know how you're doing ! Hoping everyone is having a wonderful weekend.. A great big HIGH FIVE to all of [/color] [color=Blue]APRIL '07's ASHKICKER'S ! ! ! ![/color] [color=Red]J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 438 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $174.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm in Jean. I'm also an 04/04/07 quitter. (WHOOOT!) There have been bumps but the wheels are still on the rails and I'm keeping my nose (more to the point, my lungs) clean. (just sliding this over from the Ashkickers thread) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 524 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 238 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, add my name to the list of April Ashkickers...love that name by the way :) I had my last smoke on the evening of April 1st, put the patch on shortly after that & have NOT looked back. I'm so excited, I just can't hide it...happy dance ;p I avoided this site at the beginning of my quit because I thought it would be a constant reminder of smoking. I must learn to try new things [i]before[/i] judging them. Anyways, this place has been a godsend & I'm so happy that all this knowledge is under one roof. Has anyone else noticed how bad the world smells since they quit? The smell of exhaust makes me gag lately. I had to hold my nose last night driving because the smell of car exhaust was everywhere. That has never bothered me before. It's funny but when I thought of my sense of smell coming back, it would be the nice smells that I notice, not the bad ones. Congratulations to all April Quitters....We Rock!!! Alanna [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 483 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154.09 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jean49, Although we do recommend that you follow the full course, if you do plan to continue on with your step down, do make sure you are prepared. As you know, some quitters do experience an adjustment period. It's much easier to get through the adjustment if you have a plan. Keep us posted. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
[color=Blue]Thank you Mike and Phil :) And yes Phil I will be careful. If I see/feel that it just doesn't seem right for me I'll step back up for a while. J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 411 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jean Do be careful please! Any doubts step up the patch please! Me xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 255 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,619 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1338.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Jean, Either way, you're doing this and are very successful! [b][color=Green]GOOD[/color] [color=Blue]LUCK!!!![/color][/b] Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $31.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
[color=Blue]Good morning my fellow April Ashkickers ! Well I made a decision this morning and that was to step down to the 14 mg patch. I posted a little while ago about this. I knew that I could not go cold turkey - 33 yrs of smoking inside this body of mine - So I went with the patch starting at the recommended dosage of 21 mg's. But I just want the nicotine to be out of my body quicker. I stepped down this morning to the 14 mg and I'm feeling fairly confident that this will be manageable. Worse case scenario is that I will have to bump myself back up to 21 mg for another week or so. I'm going to remain positive that I can get this nicotine out of me faster :p Wish me luck everyone and have a great day ! J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just dropping by to say all is well! Hope you all are doing great! Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 181 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $31.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
[color=Red]WOW! Look at all of us ! We are embracing the positives of being non smoker's and we are truly [b]KICKING ASH ! APRIL '07 ASHKICKER'S RULE :)[/b] I feel so fortunate to be surrounded by so many inspirational and supportive people ! Yesterday one of my best friends took me out for lunch and then she took me shopping for 'girlie' things.. She said she wanted to reward me for my two weeks as a non smoker - We had a blast ! Now today I am taking out my friend as she will be celebrating her 3 month milestone as a non smoker this Sunday :) Have a great day everyone :) J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 388 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $153.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: