Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,509 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

How´s it going?

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Hugs

I bet this is the kind of snow you have been dealing with. And it is still coming down. A well if the power stays on I'll watch a movie. If not I'll light candles and put more wood on the fire.

Davit.
Hi Red

I find the same thing, the complainers don't bother me anymore. A lot of people here out with the flu. Lots of people working wearing masks.

I'm snowed in. Over a foot of fresh snow, My car won't go through that. I put on moccasins and waded out to the tractor and spent over an hour cleaning my driveway. But the road has not been cleared and likely won't be. since they will do the highway first. Hospital said to pull out the Saline lock (IV) and go with pills. 
I'm a bit nauseous but not in pain. Tired though.
Just going to do the dishes and rest now. I don't want to aggravate the staph infection. I'll bring in more wood too in case the weather is wrong and it gets cold.
Anyway my driveway is cleaned so if they clean the road I can get out.
Nothing is worth getting excited about.

Davit.
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been in a lot of pain for the last 6 days so yesterday I finally decided to make a call to see my. There were no opening in her schedule or her partners but I was able to get into see the on call doctor. I was able to put some of  my negative beliefs aside and reached out for help much sooner this time. I was given some steroids to take for 6 days to help with my inflammation and pain pills to take as needed..Another thing I noticed is that when other people were getting all upset and angry at the pharmacy because they thought that the had to wait to long for their meds I never got upset at all that I had to wait or by the others that were upset all around me. The pharmacy was short handed with only one pharmacist working because their coworkers where out sick with the flu. These things happen. I was upbeat and pleasant and happy that my meds would be filled while I was there.

All I had to do was sit down and relax with a magazine while I waited. I was very grateful that they could help me.

Today I am taking the prescribed meds and am resting so that I can get better..Once my condition improves and I have finished my dose of meds we will wait and see if the pain returns if it does than I am to stop the diabetes medication metformin for one week and if I get better again than we will know if this maybe cause of my pain and inflammation. If not than it be back to the drawing board and back to the doctor again.

So for now I counting my blessing and relaxing at home and patiently waiting to get better...

Red..

\\

Better this morning. Today will be easier. It could be worse, My first wife's older brother is dying of pneumonia complications to his diabetes.

Davit
Woke up at three in the morning with my leg red and hot and very sore. Back to the hospital for a saline lock and antibiotics. Ho hum. Kind of messed up the day. 
Big wood pecker was pounding away on the house for flies. Bit of snow overnight. I wanted to move it with the tractor, maybe tomorrow.
So today could have been lousy but wasn't. Popcorn and a movie for later. Macaroni and meat sauce for later.
Tea and a rest in the recliner for now.

Davit.
And it was only one day, and it did pass. 

Davit
There is no other way to put it than to say I'm having a lousy day. It will pass, it has been a while since I had a day like this. And I don't want another. 

Davit
Red

I think you are on the right track. But how to do it is one of my questions and another is why do we bring up these thoughts? What is the trigger? And anything else she can tell me.

Davit
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
On day 2 without nicotine and doing really well. My back and torso was really sore again this morning and woke me up several times last night. Tomorrow I am supposted to try the metformin again, so I am resting up today. I am just taking it slow and easy again today not pushing myself to much right now..Just going with flow and not provoking any anxiety producing thoughts for now..This idea of provoking anxiety producing thoughts got me to thinking that I may be creating so my own anxiety and if I can redirect my thoughts to something else or maybe just let them flow through me but pay no attention to them. Maybe just think of them as the ebbing of a ocean tide.They are there making noise but I do not have to let it become screaming noise that maybe I can choose to turn it into white noise instead and let it just flow past me instead....

I am not really sure what I am talking about here really. Just some idea's that popped into my head while I was sitting here relaxing and posting...

Red..
Today was longer than I planned but I did get everything done. Well I didn't get on the tractor but figured I wouldn't have time anyway. That is how most days go. It does have lights but I think I'll leave it till day time. Craving for chocolate now. 
Anyway, a good day I think.

Davit.

Reading this thread: