Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

stopped the panic. turned in positive Energy

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Naa

Since I don't farm anymore I'm using some of the equipment for flower beds, last year I had poppies in the manure spreader. I have an old tractor I pull it with so I can move it to mow. Next year I think I'll grow flowers in the bucket on the front. The green house behind is where I grow stuff that doesn't grow outside. Life here is a work in progress. I still have 15 acres to play with but most of it is not farm land, more wildlife refuge.

I'm good today but the heat is dragging me down. It always does and today it went past 30C. I got some work done before it got too hot and will go back out now that it is cooler and water, then weed a bit more. Life here is pretty laid back, it helps. I know people here and people in Ontario with the same symptoms only it is from a virus. They say it can last three weeks. Still it matters not if it is a virus or not if it is a trigger right. Any thing that the body does not find normal can be a trigger. 

I'm glad you are better today. I was pretty slow getting started today but I know two things, it will get done, and it doesn't matter that much if it doesn't. I was going to pick Raspberries but it may wait till tomorrow. I love Raspberry glaze pie with real whipped cream. Definitely not good for me but oh so good.

I could use some rain pretty bad but won't get it for a while. May the sun shine on your days but not on your head.

Davit
10 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit
How are you doing? Hope you have had a good one. The heat here is unbearable. It just started to rain so maybe we'll get some relief.
Love the avatar. Is that part of your farm?

Ive had a better day today. Still have the chest tightness and pain on the left side and the dizziness but Im trying to ignore it...
Clarification: When I said all my friends her are introverts I meant here in this valley, not the site. Sorry for any misconception.

Davit.
Naa

Ever since I was a little boy I wanted a farm but not just any farm, I wanted an Old MacDonald farm. Not a realistic dream but I got it. It was a lot of work but it was the second most peaceful life I could have. The first and more peaceful wasn't possible any more. Then Arthritis made the hobby farm not possible any more, but I'm hooked now. I still have an acreage in a very quiet area. Me and Theodore the cat are retired and living here peacefully among the flowers birds and wildlife with only a garden and a few acres of grass to mow. We have time, he sleeps and when I'm not in the garden I spend my time on here. In winter I do wood work. Every so often I visit my therapist to pick her brain and make sure I'm not slipping. According to Jung I'm an introvert. The test is on the net. All of my friends here are too to some extent and we all have one thing in common. We help others where ever we can. It is one of the most positive things in our lives.
So here I am and since I can't physically spend all my time working I have time to study and pass on what I learn after making sure it is accurate. I'm very fortunate to be able to live this way.
I learned patience and hard work building my farm, it has paid off in a more peaceful life. A good part of the reason for my panic disorder was a core belief that this is not a normal way to live. What is normal? There are those that would say this is not and it is them that built my core belief for me and them that recently reinforced it. But they are wrong and so is the core belief.
So I have time to answer questions and bug my therapist for the answers I don't have, and she always finds time for me. And I keep adding to my knowledge bank. Everyone here helps.

Davit

Hmmm. I have been thinking on that question quite a bit - it's a hard one. It's hard to admit that to yourself...

You have some some trials Davit and you seem to have come out the other side ok. Where do you find the strength to  be so generous with your time? advice?

Here is something to help you with core beliefs. Think carefully on it. Do you like yourself? Odd question right but if there are things you don't like they will interfere. Worse if you do not actually like who you are.  A lot of people don't know if they do or not. We tend to block things we don't like rather than face them. We tend to think the way we are is all we can be. We think we can not change.

Here is something that is a core belief without a distinction. I can not post without doing a spell check. Is it anal or good practice? For me it is just good practice. 

Davit.
Gosh I cant believe all the typos in my last reply. Oh well...

That is definitely a negative core belief that I need to work on. 

Hello Naa.

I've had Arthritis for 24 years and it is in remission finally. Except for losing the ability to bend my joints in their full range it isn't a problem. The problem was that a medication caused an ulcer to perforate into my body cavity. Not normally a big deal but I got a massive infection with more than one type of bacteria. What an experience. Aside from being very close to death three times I learned a lot about how infection can affect the working of the mind. Something there is little information on outside of the ICU ward. I got first hand experience with two types of hallucinations. Till then I never knew there were two types.
The bi-productes of bacteria do the same thing as alcohol, they displace oxygen carrying cells. Displace enough and you die. I am perfectly fine now but still get a monthly blood test to be sure. Life goes on and I appear to be tougher both physically and mentally than most so if some one is taking a long time to do something I understand.

So you now know one of your core beliefs. Do you think it is negative or positive. Very important that you can answer this yourself. See though why you need someone to point out possible core beliefs to you. They are strong and although you know the answer to the question the core belief may not let you accept it. A therapist can help with this believing the truth.

I hope you have a very good day, it is very hot here so I'm working indoors.

Davit
Hi Davit
Hope you are having a good Saturday. Sorry to here about your health issue. All is well now??

Yes I have a tendency to minimize my worth and achievements. I am only just realizing it. om me and I felt that I had failed if I got 9 A'ds and 1 B at school. Talk about pressure! Growing up was hard - My dad expected a whole lot frMy therapist did tell me that I need to work on my attitude. It's funny you picked that out of my writing. It was a success because I managed to sleep. I will try to put your suggestions into practice today - Even though I feel like crap I will go through the day and get the things I need to get done done anyway.
Hello Naa

A success of any kind is a success and to be proud of. So now you know your tendency level. It is part of personality that I said you need to change. You want to keep track of this by charting. You want to see next time if you can change the tendency to look at the panic in a negative way to an acceptance and positive way in a shorter period. If you look at the success as a success rather than a sort of, it will help to bury the negative tendency. A question for you, this down play that you did with your success could be a core belief if you do it with other things. Or was it in fact just a choice of words because it seems so small? An exercise to increase the chances of reducing this tendency would be to look at everything you do today as a success. Even if the day is so bad you barely survive tell yourself surviving alone is a success. This is loading up your memory with positives so that next anxious or panic moment you have you will have more positive choices to work with. This improves the workability of the ten questions and any other coping skill. Bubbly positive people are annoying but they don't have panic attacks. You don't need to get that positive though.

As far as I know there is no home remedy for too much adrenaline. I probably read the same articles you did and there is a small mistake in how one of them was worded. Adrenaline is a side effect of panic, it does not cause panic in the form of a trigger as the article could be read to say. Riding a roller coaster will give you an adrenaline rush but the adrenaline itself is not the trigger the collection of symptoms that go with it are because they are the same as the symptoms you have with a panic attack. In our case it is catch 22. In those without a panic disorder adrenaline dissipates after the rush. The adrenal gland produces a very important chemical called Dopamine necessary for mental function. In people like me with low adrenal function it has to be replaced periodically by taking Trimipramine rather than an SSRI. Still even with low adrenal function I managed to have the racing heart etc of a panic attack when I had them.

Last year in hospital I had to be put into a coma because I had tachecardia so bad my heart was going to burst. It took two days in a coma to get it down on it's own. I have no idea what they used to lower it.

The solution for too much adrenaline is still stress reduction. How much you produce will not be a problem once you have no need to release it. As the article say it is part of fight or flight so stopping panic stops it.

Davit.

Ps. Getting rid of the adrenaline after the rush is probably a function of liver or kidneys or both. Drinking lots of water helps kidneys to work.

Reading this thread: