Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,664 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Struggling

16 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Got it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 198 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,950 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,831.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LL, I know you don't expect to be around a lot. I don't know whose info you have but Lainey, aloha, Sue & John, Sparky, Anna, Bobbi, penguin, & Phil have mine. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 130 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,430.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
I think you're pretty cute, too, Unhooked. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 198 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,950 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,831.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LL, you did in 2 paragraphs what the rest of us have been trying to say for 2 pages. That's why we love you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 130 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,430.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
Aloha, we all encounter our own personal demons as we go through this process. I'm glad that you overcame yours. Some of us won't. Some of us will fail along the way somewhere. But I'm glad that it wasn't you, today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 198 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,950 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,831.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so sorry, I just saw this. It is hard to let our children go, but we have to. When my daughter told us she was moving 1400 miles from home to be with some guy we had two choices. One, we could have said no and raised all kinds of hell or we could say yes and what can we do to help. We helped her move. Leaving her was one of hardest things I had to do. She has married the man and has two children and one on the way and she only live 500 miles away. We get along and we get to see them about 4 or 5 times a year and talk every week. When our son joined the Army I thought it was the best thing in the world for him. Then 911 happened. Then he was sent to Iraq for a year. Hard, yes but he is home thank God. I think you love your children so much and how wonderful is that. To cry when they leave is normal. I hate to leave my daughter and her family. It is so hard, but so worth it when I have spent time with them. Mothers love and they love and they love. Mother are allowed to cry too. Milestones are great, but keep the eye on the prize - TODAY -. You are a human being, allow yourself to be. Keep The Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 143 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,430 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $429.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aloha - sorry to hear that you are having a rough time right now. I don't have any experience with children leaving home so I have no idea how you feel. This will pass, you know that. Change is hard and stressful and you are going through some changes in your life. Rejoice in the fact that your son is able to move on. Be happy for him! He needs a healthy mom to cheer him on through the changes in HIS life! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 255 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,825 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,071.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry to find you in a frenzy. My terminology for the nicodemon screwing with my head. Be as strong as you can and erase then temptation put into your thoughts by guess who YOU and your old habits. We all control our thoughts and emotions when we make a concious effort to. Now is the time to believe in yourself and your ability to beat this nasty habit still nagging at you. STAY STRONG as you know you can. Denzil ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 243 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,860 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,369.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$271,689.34

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9771 Hours: 22

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aloha, So sorry that I missed you today!! You have been such a wonderful support to me in this quit..(I got up a little late & did not even turn on my computer) It sounds like you made it through the day... How can you look at those cigs... Now I would have to trash those things.. The only way I can get through a crave.. is the fact that i would have to go to the store before I can smoke.. Good job at dealing with your sons departure. I know that leaves such an empty feeling in your heart. I have been dealing with my oldest daughter going away to college. We talk almost everyday but WOW... I miss that girl & I almost start to cry whenever I talk about her not being in town.. That is so silly, but that's just how I feel. My suggestion is to reward yourself with something wonderful. Hot lavender bath might hit the spot.. I usually go for the chocolate ice cream!! Good luck.. stay strong [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aloha, my fellow March Mellow! Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Cry all you want to, my friend. We are here for you offer you a shoulder. I wish I could erase all of the heartache and stress for you. It is at times extremely difficult to cope without the crutch we have used for so long. The only way to get through this is to do what you are doing. Thinking of you and hoping today is better for you. Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 176 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $880.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: