Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Struggling

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sheesh...only took me two hours, but I found this one. I'm proud to say I've come a long way from this episode, although I think it was dealing with the intensity of the emotions without smoking that really put me into a different level of my quit. Still learning how to deal with the emotions in a more authentic manner, but it is getting better all the time. Thanks again everyone who helped me through this. PS Son is fine and so am I :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 311 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,114.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 363 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your right on target Aloha, glad I don't have to set at a poker table with you, thats scarey!! My son will hopefully graduate October 12th, he still has to pass the last PT test, so far he has failed them all, so it's not looking good. And yes, this site just reminds me too much of smoking, I find if I don't think about it, I don't crave as often, but I have been having one whale of a crave the past few days. If it's chocolate, it better stay out of my way!! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 115 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,104.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$37,612.58

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 989 Hours: 6

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

lol mlk Although it sounds fun, I think I'll pass. I might just get too attached and then go through all the sadness when I have to send him back. Yeah, they are always surprising us, aren't they? I was thinking about that pot smoking issue the other day, and not to start anything too big here, but I really do think it's about time that it was legalized and regulated. Too many lives are wasted (no pun intended) by spending time in jail or prison for a substance that is not as harmful as some that are legal, e.g. nicotine and alcohol. Before anybody gets too upset, yes, I know that it damages lungs, impairs memory, and motivation. That's why I think it should be regulated. Hang tough with him and get him out of the house as soon as you can....that's my advice (but don't send him here...lol). Make the rules in your house and tell him what the consequences are if he doesn't abide by them. Let him learn what it's like to take care of himself and live with the consequences for his decisions...that usually helps them grow up pretty fast. Oh, and congratulations on those awesome SIX MONTHS QUIT!!!!!!!! You always have been, and will forever be, my Quit Buddy Extraordinaire!!!!!! -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 186 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,264.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Aloha, I am so glad to see you feeling better and still not smoking. Sorry I wasn't here to give you my support during your trying time. I guess my quit buddy skills need some fine tuning and I had better work on them. I know, I could start now by offering you my son. Isn't that a nice quit buddy gesture? He is loving, fun to be around, good hearted and much too smart to smoke cigarettes, but thinks it's ok to smoke a little pot, which I just learned last week. His words now - after all Mom, no one has ever died from smoking pot and it's really not addictive like cigarettes. Excuse me my know it all 17 year old whiz kid who is so smart, ever heard of Prison? I mean how smart can you be, the stuff is illegal? And did you forget about our neighbor the nice Police Officer? Oh, he doesn't plan on getting caught. Well no **** (pardon me), no one ever plans on getting addicted to cigarettes either, but hey it happens. So, just to make sure you don't get arrested you are grounded for the rest of your teenage years. Seriously, wouldn't it just be easier for me to send him to Hawaii? Isn't that what quit buddies are for? : ) I can see there will be more heartache, but there is also so much joy that comes from our kids. I just have to get through this one and hope for the best, which is what I am sure you are doing as well. I really wanted a cigarette when all this went down, but I knew it wouldn't be smart, nor would it have done me any good. Remember N.O.P.E. and hang in there, it could be worse! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 186 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,952 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $744.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Thanks kev and pb I knew you were on hols kev, but i was wondering where you were PB. I thought maybe you had gone to son's basic training graduation. But now when I look back I see you disappeared right after you made 100 days. Was that by design? Some people stop coming here because they say it reminds them of smoking. Hope you're still smoke free. -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 186 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,264.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 363 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aloha, I'm sorry I wasn't here to respond to you sooner, I have been avoiding this site. I hope your doing better now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,472 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,094.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$37,612.58

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 989 Hours: 6

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am late to the thread as normal (sorry aloha normal service will resume from now on). My views on the original thread. It is perfectly normal for anyone to cry, it is just an emotion like anger and happiness. It helps clear your tearducts too btw. And it doesn't matter how many times a son or daughter leave/come back/leave. They're your offspring and really attached to them. My mum cries at the selling of a family car and I have even seen my dad cry once or twice (theres a bit of british stiff upper lip going on on the male side). There is NOTHING wrong with it. Its a lot better for you than smoking. My hand is always always out to you Aloha my friend. You have my email address too. (hugs) from Kev [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �310.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So glad you're feeling better, buddy, & starting to sound like your usual ( notice I did not say "old") self! Welcome back, we missed you! [IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff211/str8ahd/missedu.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,474.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
new me Thanks. I am feeling better. Saw him off yesterday, although when we said good bye we weren't sure if it was, beacuse he was going standby..lol...definitely cut down on the emotionality factor there. He had lived on the mainland from age 17-21, and had been back for almost three years. The first time he was gone I missed him, but there were also feelings of relief to not have to deal with his 17 yr old "stuff" daily. Probably one of the best decisions we made. This time he had grown up quite a bit, and did more of that while he was here, so it was more of a 90% enjoyable thing. I'm happy for him and proud of him, but I will miss him. Took a major nap yesterday, and today I have been doing things I like to do - gardening and just got back from bodyboarding. Changing up my diet a bit, since I don't have to keep a big man filled up, so that will be a plus. Hope yours either gets his stuff together or moves out. No fun dealing with them when they're cranky. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 185 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,258.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Aloha, I am glad that you are feeling a little better. My daughter moved to NY City last sept to pursue her career in modern dance. I cried and cried at the airport and watched her until I could not see her anymore. I think that part of the sadness for me was that I missed the time when my children were younger. When I was in the thick of it, with 3 kids..each 3 years apart...I can remember how hard that I thought it was; how frustrated I would get...how much that I smoked! Now, those days are over, and I miss those days..maybe, the grass is always greener? And, maybe a little empty nest syndrome. I have been fighting with my 21 year old son for the past 3 days. He lives with me. Isn't it natural for us to be ready for them to go when they are old enough to go? What about the ones that hang around and mouch forever...AHHHHH! We are moving into a different stage of our lives..the unknown is scary. Congrats for not smoking. new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $600.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16

Reading this thread: