Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Burning The Bridge

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Indeed! Good bump Lainey! Thanks! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lainey, Thanks for the bump, I needed that today! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 841 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump for newbies
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear no more, I've been going through a very bad patch during these last 3 days and what you wrote truly made me think very hard about my quit. I can only say thank you from the bottom of my heart for your inspiring words, your courage and your unfaltering determination. :) I sit here, still feeling desperate dealing with the demon.. but I will keep your words close to my heart in the hopes that all of what I'm going through will soon pass sooner than later. Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 515 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's a great post. You express such confidence and such a great attitude about your quit. I just know you'll NOPE your way over, around, through whatever comes your way. Your post was inspirational for me today. The QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 836 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't you just love a quitter? An epiphany if I ever saw one! I love that you are on this road ahead of me, so I know somewhat that which is to come. Denise [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/Bigeyeswingparrot.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,229 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $300 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great Post No More Cigs - It's funny the phases we go through. At the beginning of my quit, I wanted a smoke because I thought it would make me feel better. Now, life is throwing me around abit and I think I want a smoke but........when I honestly think about it, I can't see how it will make things better. Perhaps, that means I'm getting a little closer to burning that bridge. Congrats on 90 + days! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,557 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $385 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, friends, once I realized that I have burnt the bridge, that there was no way to go back, and that smoking was no longer an option, I felt relieved of a great burden! I'm no longer obsessed with smoking. It's out of my mind. I still have many moments of physical discomfort and/or mental depression, upset, anger, etc... but I'm willing to endure and deal with them, one by one. The road to full recovery is hard and tricky, but it's getting easier, day by day .... I'm confident that one day I'll get there. I have the patience and determination to succeed! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 941 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $470 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Friends, It has been 3 months since I decided to stop smoking. This is my fifth quit in 35 years of nicotine addiction. This time, I'm determined to succeed, because I'm convinced that I CAN do it! :) At the start, I saw myself jumping into the "river of no return" and swim with the flow, the flow to the great ocean of freedom from tobacco .... This morning, I got up early, made a cup of coffee, walked outside to the garden , enjoyed cool & fresh air, the tranquility of an early morning when evryone else was still sleeping ... So nice! :) Then, suddenly a thought arose in my head ... That's it! I have crossed the river, from the land of smokers to the land of non-smokers. I have burnt the bridge, and I don't look back. There is no choice. Cigarette is no longer an option! The bridge was burnt & destroyed. There is no point to go back! So, what I should do now is to look ahead, to continue the journey to total freedom from smoking. On that road, I may face with many obstacles (irritations, physical discomfort, depression, anger, etc.), but I am willing to endure and deal with them, one by one, by all means available to me (candies, minties, icy water, hot chilli, spicy curries, deep breathing, self-talk, this SSC forum, NRT aids, etc.). I don't care how long it will take to get there, but I will protect my quit at all costs! Yes, my friends, DETERMINATION, ENDURANCE, and PATIENCE are the keys to succeed. :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 928 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $460 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
:) Gonna! I always love your witty & humorous responses! :) Btw, why can't you burn your bridge? You don't need it! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 948 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $470 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42

Reading this thread: