Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,559 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Hello to my New Friends

16 years ago 0 229 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good afternoon Brad. So very sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. This is definitely the place to be for support, compassion and wisdom. Whenever you need to get something off your chest, to vent, to say whatever we're here for you. Wishing you all the very best and congratulations on your decision to stop smoking. Peace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $369.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Brad, our new friend!!! Welcome to the SSC! I really am really sorry to hear of your loss. I, too, have lost more than one close relative to lung cancer, which is also one of my greatest motivations to end the addiction! I'm glad that you found us and if there is any you need of us, all you have to do is ask!! Congratulations on your decision and for making it through Hell Week!! It may not seem like it now, but it does get easier as time goes along!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $169.13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$44,347.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1061 Hours: 9

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 235 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am sorry for your loss Brad God Bless you for what you have been through here you will find kind and caring people I lost my grandma to smoking hers was heart failure in 2000 I know you will get help and advise and even make a few friends in here welcome :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/30/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
brad i'm glad that you decided to quit. and god bless you and your family. mike/astrofan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $297.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Brad & my sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your mom. Come here often--use the tools and advise from the forums & you, too will be able to accomplish your smoke-free goal. Deb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $297.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Brad, I am so sorry for your loss... You are off to a great start! Welcome to SSC!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 362 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,810.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brad, So sorry for your loss.... It sounds like you are off to a great start!!! This is a great site and it has gotten me this far. The great news is that each day gets a little easier!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 232 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $696.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brad So sorry to hear of your loss. That is great that you are going to stop the cycle. Your children will be proud. Come here as often as you can, there is so much support here and so many tools and resources to help you with your quit. Without this site, I know I would still be smoking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,746 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $680.94 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brad and Welcome, I'm also sending sympathy and hugs to you. The day I began my quit, we found out my mother in law has lung cancer. She will be having her 3rd set of chemo, starting Tuesday. Iam flying to Arizona, on Sunday to spend 10 days. I dedicated my "quit" to her.. I know your mom is proud of you. Having dedicated this qquit, and finding this site.. Has helped me so much. Welcome to a very warm group and you will make sincere friends here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,071 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $214.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brad, Welcome to the SSC. Your story is actually hitting close to home. I had a friend die of cancer two weeks ago. I also live in Florida, have three children, and smoked for 35 years. My wife and I both quit cold turkey. I guess that you did as well. You're almost through hell week, and well on your way to being smoke free forever. Please remember that everyone here is pulling for you, and also..before you smoke..post! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 168 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,058.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17

Reading this thread: