Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,563 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

new quitter- 4 days in

16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Goofy, What else are we going to do when we gotta do something to keep our minds off that devil??? I'll tell ya... we sit here and keep a watch out for our newbie friends to help keep that demon away from them too!!! So, what part of NY were you from? I grew up in SW NYS. Glad I don't live there any more!!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $37.13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$44,347.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1061 Hours: 10

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
GOOD JOB Beedee...... you will have some bad days, day 4 and 9 were buggers to me, had a tiff with my husband on day 9 ..but it didn't last long.. Be ready for the ups and downs, I hit day33 today.. and i still have some "urges" they are not as strong as craving. I pictured the craving as something like a Tazmanian devil coming after me.. I used a baseball bat.. What helped.. I got a hug from a friend.. she told me how wonderful my hair smelled... and asked what I used.. I am actually starting to smell and taste again. Keep thinking of all the positives.. you can write a list and carry with you.. negatives on one side.. Positives on the other. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 561 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Look at you newbies!!Way to go and help each other. You are all doing so good. The support you are shoeing each other is going to make you all all-stars. Hang in there..the best is yet to come. Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $869.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beedee, Good job! That was close! Keep it up! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Beedee! It's a really good thing that you have good friends looking out for your best interest, huh? Better keep them around for a while!!! I will give you a Big GOLD STAR for for giving that nasty butt back though!! We have to keep looking that stinking nico-demon right in the eye and keep squashing his hopes of gaining control once again!!! I'm proud of you!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $37.13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$44,347.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1061 Hours: 10

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had my biggest tests- went out twice for drinks this week. Don't go out much usually but had a friend in town and another leaving soon. So the first night I was with three friends that don't smoke much, but they all had a cigarette at one point. I didn't have much of a need to join them, but then suddenly had the urge and demanded a drag of my friends cigarette. I actually had the thing in my hand, when from the other side of the room, my other friends voice says NOOO!. I just passed it back and that was that. Last night I was out with 4 smokers, and I thought about having one a few times, but realised that I really didn't want one. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats BeeDee, Now sit back for a minute and think... Isn't that Nicotine Drug amazing. It can get people to spend thousands of dollars a year to shorten their life. Yes, we all made the wrong choice when we bought that first pack. Now that we know the truth we must remember N. O. P. E. (Not One Puff Ever) Keep going, your doing great! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 314 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,099.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Paula! Why don't you lead the way for BeeDee and fill in your profile a bit and then she can fill in hers too. We all love to know a little bit about each other at a glance when we are responding to posts. Great that you're both looking out for each other... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $585.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi beedee, welcome to the site and congrats on your week! How are you getting on? You've beaten the physical part, no more nicotine in your system! Have you noticed any psychological triggers yet? I quit cold turkey too and I'm in my early 20's, the physical part was ok but the when that little voice in my head started going, that was tough for me! So stay sharp just in case! Where are ya from anyway? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �214.19 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
beedee, Way to go! Welcome to our support community and please let us help! Do what you can to keep focused and away from temptation. Take some you time and give your body rest and relaxation :) Josie, Health Educator

Reading this thread: