Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

My First Time Quitting with Support Group Online

16 years ago 0 447 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey IceBlue, how are you doing with your quit? I have the same quit date. On chantix but weening myself off of it and I feel great. Hope to see you back in here. Maybe you are off on some other thread. I'll have to take a check around. Terry [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There's something very powerful about talking to someone who hears exactly what you're saying and has been in your shoes. Something I said to myself a lot in the beginning was, Smoking is not an option. Once i had taken the weed out of the picture I was left to find some other way to deal with the moment. The folks around here are amazing, as you can see [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 550 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11,000.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lots of luck!!!! This is a great place to be, just remember to post here before you ever lite up & someone will come to your rescue!! This site makes it so much easier to quit!! read & post read read some more!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 193 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,860 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $579.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I come back to this site from time to time to see how many smokes I have not smoked. As I look at some of the people that have quit longer than I and the others that have quit for less time than I have, I get a sense of pride in myself and all of you out there. It really is the best gift we can ever give ourselves and our loved ones. Congratulations all! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 505 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,625 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,767.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 92 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 735 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi IB & Welcome! Good for you, getting it done! No doubt you are already feeling the benefits of life without smoking. And the great thing? It only gets better! Stay strong and stay close to this site, you are never alone in this fight! G :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 228 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,094.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Ice! Welcome to the Quit! It does get easier. Just deep breath through the cravings and stressful times and it will get better. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, IceBlue, and welcome to the site... lots of great advice here already for you, I see... use your glove box part of the programme... it really helps a lot. I couldn't have survived my quit without coming in here for support everyday since I quit. Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $528.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc51/pollyepierce/congratulations/SSC%20%20%20smoking/welcomeWHT.gif[/IMG] This site is a wonderful place to quit. I have recieved so much support I feel like I owe my quit to the people who helped me along. For me quitting after 40+ yrs was a real learning process. I really had not done anything since I was 13 years old without the presence of nicotine in my system. It is pretty frightening to find yourself 60 years old and realize you are an addict. Knowledge is power and quitting makes you powerful. I was taught by members of this site how to quit. Drink lots of water and cleanse your system. Think positive and quit because you want to. I know you need to or maybe have to but wanting to gives you the power. You can do anything you want to. [IMG]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc51/pollyepierce/Blue%20Cloud/cooltext67203689.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 244 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $976.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Ice, I come here daily.. several times a day if I can. There are tools here to use also.. My program. Tools and Resources. It is great to set your quit meter and watch the days add up. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 391 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.58 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ice, Welcome! I have moved this thread to the "introduce yourself" forum, so that we can properly welcome you to the support group :) 15+ days is great and you should be proud! We are ready for anything you have to throw at us, so post often and let us help :) Josie, Health Educator

Reading this thread: