Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

THIS IS SOO TOUGH

16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lottalife Are you still with us, let us know how you are getting on... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 318 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,339.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 58 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$66,717.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1376 Hours: 14

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOTTALIFE?? are you still in here?? Let us know?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1918 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 38,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,713.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 270 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$14,609.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 690 Hours: 2

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's a great mantra Alohakeia! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 165 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $53.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lottalifeleft. Well if you'ld like to keep it that way I'd start obsessing on your quit.Which way is up thats easy not smoking is up.You say natural health is one of your hobbies when did abusing your body with nicotine become NATURAL HEALTH ??? :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 233 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,194 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,330.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good day Lotta! Day three? The storm can still rage today or it can die out to yield to the sun. Hang on, you're almost through it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 238 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $999.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ahh..here's the mantra I was looking for I'd rather be an ex-smoker occasionally thinking of smoking than a smoker constantly thinking of quitting! Many succesful quitters have used this one [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 231 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,570.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lotta I tend to be fairly obsessive in general. Once I decided that I really did not want to smoke, I transferred my addiction to cigarettes to an obssession with this site. I am only now being able to wean off this obsession. But you know what? I don't smoke anymore. So, it was worth it, despite the wider butt and the constant desire to know what is going on in the treehouse, who is yelling at their spouse, how long the quit train is this week, who is getting balcony rewards, what technique jdk is gonna use this week to remain smoke free, what bear is gonna do to get in trouble, whether Duffis is gonna share some wisdom, who is gonna be tough on the whiners, who has found the coolest pic to post, how many ways a cat can be dressed up, how many pounds someone has lost, and how they did it, and, since I'm not quite ready yet to make THAT my newest obsession, always wanting to be first in line for Greger's latest dinner creation. Try it....it might work for you too :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 231 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,570.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lotta The word obsession in your post is a very important one. I know its can be difficult and we are obsessive about smoking. But that is because we are addicts. The point is to begin to practice distraction when that urge comes, patience with ourselves as the days go by and a sense of doing something wonderful for ourselves. It may be tough now, but I promise you this. If you give yourself a chance to become the master of the addiction you will achieve mastery. And when you do reach a certain point that obsession will become a real choice that you can make every waking moment. Once you begin to feel that way not-smoking will no longer be a choice you even have to bother about because not smoking will have become your way of being. Be patient with yourself, this process takes time and thoughtfulness as you work your self free of the addiction. In time your confidence will grow, the need to smoke will diminish and you will feel a wonderful sense of accomplishment. Good Luck my friend there are many here who wish you well... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 317 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,510 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,328.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$66,717.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1376 Hours: 14

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
if it was easy everybody would do it. You GET to quit my friend Aloha says. Change your perspective, this is tough, but it is doable and totally worth it. Keep quitting and the craves will stop. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 188 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $329.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on getting day 1 behind you. the first 3 days are the toughest but you are tougher. i'm sure you don't want to go through the first days again. take some deep breaths and drink plenty of water, that helped me so much in the beginning. early on, i heard a saying that really helped me with the craves. 'what you resist...persists' i learned not to fight the cravings but instead to accept them for what they are...a crave, it isn't an instruction. take it one minute at a time if you have to and get plenty of rest...i slept through most of the first week..lol hang in there, it does get alot easier if you don't smoke..NOPE!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $474.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: