Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-16 2:52 AM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-16 1:17 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,614 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MLISING, JHAYLO, AEREVE, AJESSICA JOY, bae2024

pregnant smoker

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump because as hard as this probably ws for youl It's just that I want to support you in this and hope you ccme back so that I can keep up with your progress. Do ou know the sex? Best wishes. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,423 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $600 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Billie, it was harder for me to quit than to give birth. I lay in bed for 3 days reading and posting here. DO the workbook please. Aunt Deb is right. It will help. You can do this, please do it. My child has "RAD" Restricted Airway Disease. I cut down to a drag here and there when pregnant but it's still my fault, I'll never forgive myself. Everything she gets a cold, we have to start using asthma meds. Do you want that? But you're addicted and I know that feeling all too well too. If I can quit (30 years 1.5 packs a day), YOU can quit too, I promise. I'll post over on the newcomer board every single day if you agree to cold turkey it. I'll be looking for you and you'll find the most awesome support here. You must. I only wish I found this site when I was pregnant - I would have quit I'm sure. Marie
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
there was a spot on the news tonight about how smoking while pregnant is proven to cause Attention Defecit Disorder. Good luck quitting.
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Billie1979, Welcome!!!! I understand your need to quit smoking right now. You're going to have to start with baby steps. One crave at a time. Have you spoken to your doctor about this? Lots of rest, lots of water, find some coping tools that work for you, and one thing that's important to bear in mind...every day gets a little easier. The withdrawal is only TEMPORARY. And post here, there's lots of support. You CAN do this!!!! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,066 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $612 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Billie: I just want you to know that you can do it. I haven't quit yet, but this website is just great and so supportive. Listen you are pregnent which is the biggest blessing in life. Don't be hard on yourself, every minute is new, and you can do it! Take yourself to a baby store and look at the clothes, and smell the powders, and just imagine your bundle of joy. You will be able to share a long happy life with this baby, and no stinky cigarette should ever stop you. Good Luck Keep posting so everyone can keep encouraging you!! Grace
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Billie - I agree that you don't need anymore harsh words. We all know the dangers of smoking. As Smokers we felt powerless to quit. Read Aunt Deb's post over and over. I didn't believe that I could quit...but with the support of this room, I was able to do it. I just quit one day at a time. If the day was bad, I went to bed early and worried about tomorrow when it happened. We all need tools to quit. In addition to support, we need to find tools that work for us. For me, drinking lots of water, sour candies, cinnamon gum, lots of trips to the gym and ESPECIALLY my remote control, blankets and t.v. helped to get me through. You need to find the tools that work for you. The first couple weeks are the worst but after that everything starts to gradually get better. You can do this and we will help you every step of the way. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 192 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,857 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $960 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:)Hi Billie...no need to give you the talk...you know why...you just don't know how to start? Use the tools on the left...get your plan together Preparation and Education are the keys to success. Since you are pregnant...I doubt if you will be able to use a med...if you could...I would recommend Chantix... but...Probably Cold-turkey is going to be your way...(the smartest for the health of your child) Get yourself some straws to chew on (for oral fixation), get some chewing gum, water, and start giving yorself "self-talk" in front of the mirror where you can look at your accomadating body for your growing child. Go grocery shopping and get creative to give you and your baby some healty eating. The nicotine will leave you in 3 days...we call this Hell week...you will get through it...we did! Read...read...read...past and present posts... auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $380 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 104 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Billie hun i wish when i was pregnant i knew what i know now......you see ive smoked my way through 3 pregnancy's, I thought i couldn't stop.......i was wrong! My eldest is now 4, shes proud of me because i don't have the yucky smokes any more, I wish id quit before it effected them in anyway, I thought i couldn't.....I HAVE! you can to.....you don't need magic, there's know trick to it....just be determined. Your fighting for your and your baby's health....YOU HAVE TO WIN THE FIGHT. You CAN do it, were all here to help in any way we can :) Hugs, Jue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,173 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �290 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$567,825.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4672 Hours: 10

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote] because I'm a smoker and still can't quit! Does anyone have any suggestions? [/quote] Start by losing the 'I'm a smoker' tag. You're not a smoker. You're a woman who smokes cigarettes. You are a mother to be who is causing harm to your unborn child. Don't let Nic tell you who or what you are. If you want to quit, like the Nike ads say 'Just do it'! It's hard, it sucks, you'll feel crap for a while but so have we all. Everyone here will support you I GUARANTEE IT - and just think how great you'll feel to know you've done all you can to protect your child! I wish you all the success and peace possible. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,854 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �440 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) Welcome billie1979, You�re about taking the very right decision concerning your addiction. This site gives you all support and information you might need for your wonderful journey. Stay well, mitri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $46 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$295,269.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 2

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: