Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

working on smoke free life

17 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, today is my first day to learn about this site, it is great reading all the messages,, my dr. is suppose to call me in some chantix, tomorrow. i had read about it but after reading messages here decided to try it, what strenngth to you all use and how many times a day do you use it. sounds like it works great so hoping it will help me, i have smoked for 29 years and 2 pack a day, ineed any and all help i can get,,, having hard time finding some of the messages on it, seems when i click on one i get a different page when it is sent,,,, thanks for help [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow thank you all for all the support this is really great can't actually beleive all the kind and nice things and helpful things every1 has posted.. well here is my progress i am now on day 9 i never thought yesterday was gonna end... here is how i did morning was horriable but i pushed and made it thru i went to work at 9 amand never touched a cig then come home made my boys dinner and then i went to play a little bit of poker well wow is all i can say becasue boy i never nothiced how much i really smoked until i got htere uno i am neverous to begin with. i was there for about 3 hrs and i just could'nt take it anymore and yes i bummed a cig i no i no i should have not but i took about 3 hits and yuck the taste was nasty then i was fine no more that night now today i have done ok it is now 6 pm and i have not had any yet .. but i am driving my self nuts that is all i think about. is this ever gonna work i really want it to i want not think about it but... anyways 1 more question WHY DRINK LOTS OF WATER? OK TALK TO U ALL LATER I WILL CHECK BACK TONIGHT. THATNKS AGAIN THIS IS GREAT ..... :(
hi new to this site i hope i really can get some support in here i am 35 have 2 boys that really hate it that i smoke. so i got chantix since i heard so much about it and how it is working. well this is my fourth day on the pill i really havent noticed to much of a change my quit date is wed march 7th any helpfull advice outthere i have been a smoker for about 18 to 19 years. thanks
wow thanks for all the great responses. i am really hoping this does and goes the way i want it to. i will keep posting and hoping i get responses to keep me going thanks alot to all.
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello luvmyboys326 How are you doing today? Congrats on your decision to quit. There is a ton of support on this site, so keep reading and keep posting. Remember to reward yourself for your milestones. Good luck on the Chantix, it is working great for me. (DAY 8). Still get cravings, usually the habit times are the worst (after eating, going home after work, just before bed). The Chantix has made it bearable though. So now I can push the cravings aside by deep breathing or going and doing something else and before I know the crave is gone. Keeping busy is a key factor too. Hope to see you post a lot on here. Keep up the good work! :) Karen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 151 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chantix here too. I really can't add much to what the others have said. It hasn't been nearly as difficult as prior quits, and at times I find myself waiting "for the other shoe to drop" so to speak. Some days are a little more unnerving than others, but nothing compared to prior quits. Keep it up! It gets even better! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 676 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $106.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations! I am also a Chantix user and I, too, think it is like a "magic pill". I quit smoking on my 8th day of Chantix (as recommended) and while I still *wanted* a cigarette, I found I didn't *need* one. Note that I did go through what felt like some pretty major withdrawal on days 4, 5 and 6 of the Chantix. Very emotional, weepy, etc. etc. -- all the things I've gone through on cold turkey quits. And it was very freaky to go through that [i]and still be smoking[/i]. But, that went away very rapidly and this is what I wrote to someone in an email on day 10 of the pills: "took my first pill 10 days ago, and now have not had a cigarette in 3 days. It has been ridiculously easy. There have been cravings, yes, but most of them feel wrapped in cotton -- vague, dull and easily ignored." And that's what almost all of my cravings were -- they all felt wrapped in cotton. Again, thinking that it would be *nice* to have a cigarette but never really any impetus to *do* anything about it. At this point (day 28 of not smoking) I don't even crave cigarettes daily anymore and now more notice the *lack* of thinking about cigarettes, if that makes sense. Like, I went to my first movie as a non-smoker last week, and was early and so waiting outside for a friend to arrive, and after about 15 minutes I noticed I *wasn't* thinking about smoking. I didn't think "boy, I'd like a cigarette".. what I noticed was a strange absence and then realized it was the *lack* of frenzied attempts to 'suck one down before the movie' and all that, that I had noticed. Right now I can say that my biggest craves (which are still mild) come when I am angry. If my husband and I get in a fight, or my 7 year old son frays my last nerve, those are the times I most *feel* the memory of smoking. But, even then, it's now more thinking "I used to go smoke now" and not "wish I could smoke now." I don't have any better words to describe it. Chantix has been a miracle, and I smoked at least a pack a day for the last 22 years (I'm 38 now and started when I was 16). [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 464 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $145 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Secon
  • Quit Meter

$221,598.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6013 Hours: 17

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi luvmyboys326! Congrats on your decision! I'm using Chantix to quit too and it has been my 'magic' pill. For me, it took about the entire first week to feel any difference in smoking but it is working like a charm! You can do this and Chantix will help! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,315 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $288 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$383,535.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 2

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 108 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[Color=purple][font=courier new]Hello luv!!! First of all I want to congratulate you on deciding to quit smoking! It is the best decision you could have ever made! It is very much worth it! [IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/IamShortcake/wtg.gif[/IMG] There are so many helpful tools on this site as well as a lot of great people that have gone through, or are going through what you are. Everyone is here to help everyone else! Good luck to you! Post often and stay near! Keep on keepin' on! [font=stencil][color=green]Stay Strong![/font][/color] [IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/IamShortcake/shortcakereading.gif[/IMG] [font=impact][size=4][color=red]~PEACE~[/font][/size][/color] [color=purple][font=Courier New][size=4]Shortcake[/color][/font][/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 792 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$454,560.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5358 Hours: 23

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome luvmyboys326, Chantix user here too. So glad we all found it. It's working great for me. I am a Non-Smoker Now!!! Keep in mind, that the mental image of being a non-smoker must remain in your thoughts, because you will have cravings. We have to fight this mental addiction. Read the posts, past and present. You won't believe the education you will get here from "Real Ex-Smokers". You will find out what to expect and how to deal with the triggers and cravings. Everyone here knows...what you are going through and have yet... to go through. You can ask virtually any question, and someone will have a response to it. little J's mom explains quite nicely. hope to hear from you real soon on your success and see your stats right along with ours. auntdeb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,279 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $308.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: