Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

New Here

17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm new here. Today is my second day being free from cigs. Yesterday was very tough for me. I was very cranky, angry, etc. I'm doing better today. I'm doing this cold turkey (I do have gum in the case of an emergency). Did anyone else have trouble sleeping when you quit? I was very restless all night long...getting hot and cold all night. I didn't know if this was normal.
  • Quit Meter

$20,614.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 323 Hours: 10

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for your input. This site is so helpful. Today I have started day 3. I never realized how much I associate daily activities with smoking. It was a routine that I am trying to break. Now I've put on about 2 lbs. already. I'm going to increase my water and chew some straws. I'm also going to exercise more. I want to be HEALTHY!!
  • Quit Meter

$20,614.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 323 Hours: 10

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Love your attitude, Beannie! Keep up the great work. I'm right there with you - three days down and half-way through number 4. Keep on walking down the path. The QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 94 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night and I also woke up covered in sweat a few times. Here I thought it was the fact that I ate a HUGE plate of stir fry and rice for dinner and then capped the day off with two large bowls of frosted mini wheats! I had enough calories in me to heat the house! Seriously, though, I've gone two full days and am in the middle of my third. I think the sleep will eventually actually improve but it takes a little while. Stay strong and keep posting! I'm happy to have you here with the rest of us. The QuitMeister
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep up the GREAT WORK!! We are all in the same boat, so lets just go skiing! A little chilly, but what the heck!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 139 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pat yourself on the back for deciding to quit! I am doing the patch cuz I didnt make it cold turkey, and I figure anything to give me an edge is better than the smoke, but do please talk to your doc about using the gum if you go a day or more without nic. Because that may just trigger a bigger headache and/or crave than continuing on without anything. If today is your second day, you are almost free of nic entirely, cuz it only takes 72 hours for the initial purge. The rest of it takes a lifetime, but that's all mental, habit, and choice. Do remember we are all here cheering you on, no matter what! Wonderful to meet you! Keep up the great work! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
GO beanie...you can do it...just always remember - NOPE...And yes - it is quite normal to wake up during the night...feeling restless..It will pass too...very shortly too...Just alwqays remember in your hardest of times - SAY NOPE - NOT ONE PUFF EVER....I love this word and believe me - I am one of those quitters who like quit a million times...I'm there to do it this time..AND IT's not gonna take forever...Stick with us and POST whenever you feel down...It really helps knowing so many people are in this with you...Every day that passes on your counter will be so rewarding..both mentally and physically...Talk soon...GREAT LUCK TO YOU [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beanie, Where are you located? Today is my second day also! I have been pretty positive so far, but I feel that I may be getting a little irritated as the day goes by. I have had horrible times sleeping. In fact, I had muscle spasms all last night and felt as if I was never ever going to get to sleep. I am using COLD TURKEY as well! I haven't ever tried the gum, but you can do it! With or without the gum! Just remember that going back to nicotine even in the gum may make it worse for you. A while ago I tried the lozenges. They made me feel like I wanted a cigarette more than if I hadn't ever put a lozenge in my mouth! But whatever the choice... just remember that YOU CAN DO IT! And one thing that I have learned from this website is a cute little saying (N.O.P.E. NOT ONE PUFF EVER!) Get on the Instant Messanger and add me as a buddy! We will chat since we are on the same day cycle! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 318 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had to stop the Caffine after 12 noon. Have cut way down on it. Don't need it any more. I have been quit for 3 Weeks, 5 Days, 21 hours, 15 minutes and 12 seconds (26 days). I have saved $248.68 by not smoking 1,344 cigarettes. I have saved 4 Days and 16 hours of my life. My Quit Date: 9/22/2006 11:00 PM
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to SCC Beanie...it seems like sleep disturbances a common problem for many....and there are very few of us that have not been cranky! Fraid I'm not much of an expert on the cold turkey method...but there are lots of successful quitters that swear by it. Please keep posting....lots of support here whenever you need it! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 778 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $190 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6

Reading this thread: