Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

struggling

17 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bravo for your 45 days with out a smoke I am only 20 days smoke free and have to admit it is hard, but it is easier than it was last week, or the week before that, so give yourself a pat and a kiss on the hand, and love yourself and remember "never take another puff" Love yourself :) puffree46 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 518 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mary, Just to say my darlin you are a strong woman, you have had so much on your plate recently and you still have managed to quit the beasts. I too have had deaths to deal with, my lovely mum 80yrs and my beautiful daughter 26yrs. Both of whom had severe breathing difficulties, I miss them badly most of the time and would oh soooooo like a ciggie. BUT you know I truly believe that those two are somewhere smiling down on me and giving me the strength to go on. sweetheart keep your chin up, time as they say is a great healer. Keep posting, keep in touch, sending you good vibes Shazza46 UK [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 245 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �37.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 117 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mary,So very sorry for your loss. I too can get chalanged with this computer stuff. This site helps me every day. Don't give up,these guys are super nice and helpful. Stay Strong ls [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,496 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $279 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Mary - You are not only a wonderful quitter...but before you know it, you might even be a computer whiz!! Glad you are still with us and still posting! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 618 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mary...I'm so glad that you posted. You have come to the right place. The support offered by fellow quitters and moderators is amazing. I agree, you are a VERY STRONG lady. Not only have you gone through a tremendous loss but depite this, you have 45 successful days under your belt. Many of us go through feelings of depression throughout our quits. Without our smokes, we are forced to address feelings which can be painful. However, freedom from this addiction gives us the freedom to experience all the amazing gifts that life has to offer. The problem with this addiction is that it begins to control our lives and ruin our health. The longer we are enslaved by it, the harder it is to kick. I haven't come nearly as far as you have but I know that I would not have made it this far without the support of this community. Take care of yourself, use the tools offered by this site, post often and know that there are many many people who will always be there for you. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 576 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mary. There will be more on here soon. First off I am sorry for your loss. Quiting smoking is the best thing you do for yourself. 45days is fantastic. I have found that life now is sometimes harder to deal with. I am still learning how to cope with many feelings, and emotions since quiting. Sometimes posting and reading helps to put me at ease. There will be more advice coming. Hang in there. Did your husband die of smoke related illiness. Maybe you can use it as motivation. I will keep you in my prayers. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,254 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $248 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mary; Nice to see that you started a thread for yourself. Now everyone can formally meet you. I was like you when I started, I remember not knowing how to go about this as had never posted on a "message board" before, let alone use an instant messenger. Heck, I still fall off that thing whenever I use it! You've been given some good stuff to think about. I don't have anything to add except to say welcome aboard. Look forward to getting to know you. Oh yeah, one more thing . . . if you don't smoke today, I won't either. :) Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,849 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $377 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello again, thank you all for your advice and good wishes.I am striving to follow all the instructions. I have been coming to this site for many weeks and it is strange to be writing to the people who's names I have been reading for such a long time.To Shazza can I ust say how very sorry I am to hear about the loss of your mother and daughter and how much I admire your optimism and strength.You are all a great bunch of people, keep up the good work, you are helping people like me a great deal.Cheers. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,424 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �188 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Hi Windy, Thanks for the encouragement and yes you never know I may become a whiz on a computer, miracles do happen. Still feeling lost without my cigs I wish a miracle would happen there,suppose I will have to carry on with the more earthly fight to beat this hellish addiction.Mary [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,449 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �192 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Hi Windy, Thanks for the encouragement and yes you never know I may become a whiz on a computer, miracles do happen. Still feeling lost without my cigs I wish a miracle would happen there,suppose I will have to carry on with the more earthly fight to beat this hellish addiction.Mary [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,449 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �192 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

Reading this thread: