Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Help

17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, so I am new at this. I have been smoke free for 48 hours. I know that I am not the only one struggling with this, but right now I feel like I am. My husband, who does not smoke, is trying to help me, but he has no idea what it is like to have an addiction. He is being a really food sport about it, but I am mad at him and meself. I guess I am mad at him because he has no idea how hard it is. I know that I am being selfish, but my head hurts, I want to eat everything, and I want a cig really, really, really bad. Please, someone give me some support.
Thank you for responding. I didn't realize that it was going to be this hard. Ok, so I did now, but I didn't think that my addiction was this bad. I just try to keep reminding myself "Ok, you want to get pregnant, this will be better for you, your husband and your unborn child" That, right now, it the only thing that it keeping me from lighting one up.
Thank you all for words of encouragement. The cravings today have not been that bad until a few minutes ago. I had a Dr. appt. and as I was walking in the door, there was someone there smoking. It smelt soooo good. (I normally don't like the smell) I was thinking, ok, just one puff, it won't hurt right? All I could hear was my husband saying, no, you can get through this with out that. I am getting to the point of crying because I want one sooo bad. Not saying that I am, but is it normal for people to backslide? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 37 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
I just want to thank you all for helping me through this. I just got back from lunch and my craving, believe it or not, was not that bad. I went to lunch with my sister-in-law and she was so proud of me for doing this. She is a smoker, and quit when she found out that she was pregnant and then started back up when my nephew was born. She wished that she never started back. I told her about the stopsmokingcenter.net and she was very interested in the site. My husband keeps calling me and asking me how I am doing and giving me great support. Sometimes too much because he is getting on my nerves. I guess it is good that I work in a very public job and have to watch my actions every minute of the day. I have not been allowed to be snappy at work becuase I might get written up and possible loose my job. I just hope that when I get home, I won't take it out on him. It's not his fault. As far as substituting, I am eating suckers and jolly ranchers. It seems to help a little. Now I am worried about weight gain and cavaties. :-) Man, there is always something to worry about. Again, thanks for all the imputs and support. I know that I can get throught this!!! KJ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
Thanks for the support flowerpot. I know exactly what you are going through. I think that it is great that you have a wonderful supportive husband. I am also greatful that I have meet someone that has been smoke free as long as I have. We have more in common. I read one of the previous entries and wanted to cry. I know it is just my emotions. I even had one of my coworkers read it to see if it was just me or just that person was being rude. It could go either way. I hope that we can stay in constant contact with each other. I think that we have a lot in common. KJ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 26 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
Grace, I am not pregnant, but we are going to start trying in about a year or so. I just want to make sure that I am over the cravings and addictions before I start trying. Thanks for the words of encouragement. KJ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
I am so glad that we are going through this together for the same reason. That is a good idea about the pacifier. I am wanting on really bad now, I just got upset. It will calm me down. Hell, what am I talking about, it's all a mind game, I need to go and take a walk. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 26 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Grace, I haven't yet become pregnant however, I have spent a year trying to get pregnant. I was very foolish in thinking that "oh i will just quit smoking when i get pregnant, It will be easier to quit then". After a year of trying i consulted my doctor on why it hasn't happened yet and he believes it's because of the smoking. I was very foolish in my thinking and have waisted a year of trying over cigarettes. Had i done my research i would have known that cigarettes can affect fertility in a big way. But I just didn't want to believe it, after all, I know lots of people who got pregnant while smoking. I guess it's also my cigarette junkie mentality taking over. The doctor said if i still don't get pregnant with in a few months after quiting we will try fertility treatments and people who smoke are not eligable for some types of treatments. I just hope it doesn't come to that. I am so Foolish Foolish Foolish! I can't believe I still even want to smoke those things, but i do. I have decide that if i can't kick this terrible habit than I will never be able to take control of anything. I don't want to be a slave anymore!!! I know if i can just last a few more critical days i will master this!!! It's just so depressing!! Thanks for the support Flowerpot [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 55 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
KJ, Yes, I too hope we can remain in contact. On my home computer i have the most wonderful beautiful picture that I have printed and carry in my wallet. I have found it to be a source of strenght and again it helps keep me focused on the ultimate goal, [color=Purple]BABY![/color] I am scared everyone tells me that the 3rd day is the worst. I will make sure to log on as often as i can tomorrow for support. I'll say it again, May god bless us with the strenght to overcome our addiction and then bless us with the miricle of babies!! [size=3]Text[/size][font=Verdana]May god bless us with the strenght to overcome our addiction and then bless us with the miricle of babies![/font]
hang in there KJ, I am new at this too! I have only been smoke free for a little over 48 hours. I also have a supporting husband that has never smoked and has no idea what i am going through. i have been throught Many emotions the past few days. Anger, depression, guilt and also I have a few rare moments that I feel proud that i have made it this far, however my natural urge is to celebrate with a smoke. I Just keep trying to remind my self that i don't want to be a slave any more!! I am tired of lying to my husband, friends and family about trying to quit and exactly how much i smoke. I can't wait to be free!! Hang in there, we will make it though. If we can over come this we can over come anything (I hope)! Can you tell this is one of my proud moments. 15 minutes from now i will be crying again but i will come back to this site and look at my meter and hope to find inspiration from it.

Reading this thread: