Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,673 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

100 days and still struggling

17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ohh forgot to say--i was ready to cut my little finger off :( Yes,, you heard right--i was in panick and thought if i do that i will get pain somewhere else. ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 939 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $333.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD I am still struggling-Today i had a 4 hours constant crave soo bad i vomitted :( went for a nap--sitting here can at least read posts could not before [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 939 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $333.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
Riverdale man--I do not know if i was craving or not--I do know i was soo anxious that i could not focus i climbed the wall was so nervous to the point i felt sick.. Im not sure if i was thinking of smoking or not?? Just happened and then it was soo strong for 4hours--It was awful riderdaleman :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 939 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $333.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Hi All and sickofsmelling I know its your thread but as you can see i got a few posts down below I had a rough couple of days-but just leyt you know i am still smokefree--However those mindbogglers are really strugglers :( They hit from nowhere and its so bad i just want to climb the walls and i get so anxious and my pulse is so hard and fast i think i have trouble breathing.. I hate them--ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,093 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $381.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Struggling???????? Craving????????? Thouhgts of Smoking????????? This went on for me hours on end and for days ... Hours on end and it does lessen, it does go away (not all the way so far) and it isn't in my concsious so much. If you read here much you likely know I have had a hard time the last while and I do believe it is lightening and getting through this I am sure that I will be able to get through anything. Ride the waves you will get through. Find you determinatin and stick to your original commitment to not smoke. Stand strong be really proud of what you have done and what you are doing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 130 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,607 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $975 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ann, How are you now? No amount of pain will make it go away. You need to distract yourself and keep occupied. If you have to take a nap, then do it. Whatever works to keep your quit, do it! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey SOS: I quit once before for 2-1/2 years. To be honest, I never really noticed any significant twinges around certain days - I was always vigilent. But I guess not enough at the 2-1/2 year mark! I found that there were 'situational' triggers that were more prevalent - certain social outings, seeing specific people, lounging around my pool during hot weather, drinking wine at the bonfire (that was the WORST). Perhaps knowing that you're at 100 days, which is an important milestone, keeps the thought of smoking (or not smoking) more on your mind, which then provokes a craving. Take care! S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 211 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been a smoker for 30 years. I am on day 2 but this time I feel much more postive about being a non-smoker. I went for acupuncture ( yes I tried pills, patches, gum and hypnoisis). The most important thing my doctor told me is the best he could do for me is be the best cheerleader a person could be. He advised me to change my HABITS! It is not just the nicotine it is also where and when I used cigs. It is really helping me this time. I really don't know if is the acupuncture or the positive advice. Good luck I think this is the hardest thing anyone will ever do.
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sick of smelling, Glad to hear your doing a little better. You've gotten some great answers to your question. All I can say is keep persevering, it will get easier! And until then, time to get back to using the tools that got your through that first week. Danielle ________________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there! 100 days looks fab on you! This will pass [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 489 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38

Reading this thread: