Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Just Intoducing myself

17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Ann, Just wanted to see how your making out? hope you are still smoke free and you can stay that way. Keep uo the positive attitude it will get you far Cheers! J
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ann, I hope you keep it up this time and don't go back to smoking
17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI ALL Back to the page where i made my very first post in here on this wonderful site that im soo glad i found!! Without you i havent made it even this far as i have given up on giving up!! I have gained new strenghth and realised the failures was not really failures but equipped me with new coping skills.. This evil nicotine is hard to quit equal to like heroin cocain, but it is possible with will-power, coping skills, and good SUPPORT from others. Thanks all who have been here and are here helping me in need! I have been married 20 years on the 21st of June and i remember i promised my husband on our wedding day to quit--i did not.. :blush: I kept on and on--and have only made about 7-8 attempts during these 26 years.. I have realised i did not was that serious about quitting.. I did not really wanted it!! As i stayed off had one here and there from kind smokers who willingly offerrred a smoke!! :eg: That i have found is something!! when you smoke and run out --smokers say they can Not give you one as they almost run out--BUT when you are giving up and crave and feel like OK just one and ask --THey give you one freely!! :eg: I hate that!! Did not see it before!! This time i feel different --I want to give up!! But oboy its hard---This first week is "THE HELL WEEK"!! I know!! the longest i lasted is 2 months--> before giving in!! usually as no coping, or no-one to talk to, or very very tense, unable to focus.. I also learnt that coffee seems to aggravate the cravings!! I love coffee --> hmm thats hard But.. I have to do it.. I have to let you know that i need you!! when those cravings come ITS SOO hard to FOCUS!! ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 224 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $79.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Hi Again Im back from work and I made it!!! :) I did not smoke, but oboy it was tempting..:z 1 day as a non-smoker-always something/ i guess i still remeber the previous attempts and REALLY scared of failing again.. Thanks oinkoink2u for that lovely welcoming and Nosmo king Breaking free and cuddles for visiting me again.. Feels Good to have you here... Despite being in CYBERSPACE :) I have never had this kind of support before and this kind of support group.. Ihave been on Zyban for 2 weeks and it seems to be a little help.. No adverse reactions as yet, however I CRAVE STILL and need that WILLPOWER--ohh its hard.. SORRY IF IM UNABLE TO SUPPORT YOU AS YET>> still having my own sort of shakes etc. Just give me a few days until I get used to this and i will try to be more social with you.. I have short temper to.. sorry confused and anxious and problem to sleep last night with a really weird dream ann DS> 1 MORE DAY!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 62 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
:confuse: Thanks breakinfree I realised a while ago that the dates are twisted around.. so you are quite new to this braking free too?? ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 62 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
:) HI All I got really happy when logging on this morning finding so many replies! Nosmo King-Thanks will look for that Allen Carr Book Mama- I will keep that say: from E. Rosewelt handy :) Thanks for those words. Coben Fan-- as im new to this site i havent found those tools to the left yet! Will look for them. Thanks for your supporting words "yes You are right only smokers who quit understands what we are really going through. Adelhub- Thanks I hope too. Its the first time i join a support group. 4my2girls-That was a warm welcoming. N.O.P.E i will remember that!! Stoppin--Thanks for welcoming me to the group. Breakin Free- Those steps was really good. They where spot on. I do fear of being a failure, relating to me. Thanks. Daniel SSC Team--Thanks soo much :) Lake_Lavon- I will try that water :) Thanks soo much all to you. I had an awful first night without cigarettes, was awake until 5am, could NOT sleep at all!! I was shaky, kicked my legs here and there :mad: Finally i fell asleep and i had the weirdest dream ever. Iam on my way to work this pm and WILL NOT SMOKE!!! I do have a habit to run out on the break for a smoke, will be hard today! I have a stressful job that triggers craving a lot. hmm I shall NOT smoke,,, see you ANN DS> thanks for being here! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Thanks for your reply Nosmo King :) Feels really good to find someone so shortly after my lodge of topic! Thanks!!! :)
Hi My name is Ann live in Australia and is trying to give up smoking again! :0 Yes you heard right! I have given up or tried so many times so i have totally lost my self confidence. I have failed so many times that i now think im a failure. About 7-8 times since 1985! I am now 40 at the end of this year and have smoked since 14. Hmm that is?? 26 YEARS!!! If i fail this time i lose it!! I have done it with chewing gum, patches, nicotine inhaler, tried cold turkey and now today i been on Zyban for 2 weeks and today i stopped. I do crave despite being on zyban for these 2 weeks and have been somewhat anxious today. I guess its in my head. I have to do it this time! Ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Ann, This is also my 4 millionth "try" at quiting smoking but this time it is for good. Don't think of it as you have failed so many times. Those times were just the practice. Elenore Rosevelt said 'Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when the gave up." This is the way I am trying to think of it. I am 47 and feel like an idiot that I am still smoking at this age. Here are some more things that I found on this site on my first day. I have typed them up nice and big and have them on my wall. I think they are very good for people who have tryed before and "failed": We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next. Keep looking at the site and you will find things that keep you pumped up. I'm behind you 100%. Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 215 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$74,954.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6525 Hours: 10

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi aekvall, Overcoming the Fear of Failure Fear of failure is one of the greatest fears people have. Fear of failure is closely related to fear of criticism and fear of rejection. Successful people overcome their fear of failure. Fear incapacitates unsuccessful people. The Law of Feedback states: there is no failure; there is only feedback. Successful people look at mistakes as outcomes or results, not as failure. Unsuccessful people look at mistakes as permanent and personal. Buckminster Fuller wrote, "Whatever humans have learned had to be learned as a consequence only of trial and error experience. Humans have learned only through mistakes." Most people self-limit themselves. Most people do not achieve a fraction of what they are capable of achieving because they are afraid to try�because they are afraid they will fail. Take these steps to overcome your fear of failure and move yourself forward to getting the result you desire: Step One: Take action. Bold, decisive action. Do something scary. Fear of failure immobilizes you. To overcome this fear, you must act. When you act, act boldly. Action gives you the power to change the circumstances or the situation. You must overcome the inertia by doing something. Dr. Robert Schuller asks, "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?" What could you achieve? Be brave and just do it. If it doesn�t work out the way you want, then do something else. But DO SOMETHING NOW. Step Two: Persist. Successful people just don�t give up. They keep trying different approaches to achieving their outcomes until they finally get the results they want. Unsuccessful people try one thing that doesn�t work and then give up. Often people give up when they are on the threshold of succeeding. Step Three: Don�t take failure personally. Failure is about behavior, outcomes, and results. Failure is not a personality characteristic. Although what you do may not give you the result you wanted, it doesn�t mean you are a failure. Because you made a mistake, doesn�t mean that you are a failure. Step Four: Do things differently. If what you are doing isn�t working, do something else. There is an old saying, "if you always do what you�ve always done, y
  • Quit Meter

$54,512.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 4

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: