Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-16 2:52 AM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-16 1:17 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,614 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MLISING, JHAYLO, AEREVE, AJESSICA JOY, bae2024

Today is the day

18 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So how is my fellow 04/23'r doing today?? I've taken to keeping those plastic coffee stirrers around. I snip 'em in half and I can chew on 'em, drag on 'em, whatever. It's been kinda handy. Otherwise, I just keeping thinking about how it's ALREADY been almost a week! A whole week! Can you believe it?? Bingo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 131 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
good luck! It's my first day too, I've been thinking about it like you, keep the faith! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
good luck! It's my first day too, I've been thinking about it like you, keep the faith!
18 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for the Star, Sunshine :) I made it through another day and the cravings and 'the fog' today seemed a little less severe than they did yesterday. I am chewing a lot of gum and also bought some hard candies. I've also been trying to drink a lot of water and I have been munching on carrot sticks every evening. 1 more day to go to get thru hell week! Not One Puff Ever! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 91 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
Well, I got through another day. The temptation is still there, but "the fog" and the intensity of the cravings have definitely gone down a bit compared to the first couple days. The week sure did go by pretty fast - a lot faster than I thought it would. I just hope the coming weeks are just as smooth. Congrats on 1 week smoke free, Bingo! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 103 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
I forgot to show my quit meter. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 59 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
I'm still hanging in there but man, it sure has been a challenge. I've pretty much felt dazed and light headed 24/7 since I quit and last night while I was trying to sleep, I kept getting 'the shakes' where my body was kind of spazzing out for a couple seconds at a time. I'm also really having to fight back the urge to smoke on my drive home from work and after meals but I keep on reminding myself that I have so much more to gain from not smoking and at this point, I refuse to give in since I've put myself through what seems to be hell all week - I can't give in and have gone through it for nothing. Keep on keepin' on.
Thanks for checking up on me. The support from great people like you really has helped me out. I did make it through another day smoke free but man, this afternoon, I think I got some of the strongest cravings I've had since I started my quit. I just keep reminding myself of all the reasons why I wanted to quit and refuse to give into my urges. Hopefully, things will get easier in the coming days. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Well, got through the first day. I was really light headed and dizzy most of the after noon but I hung in there. Thank you everybody for the words of encouragement. I'm going to do this! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
Thanks again for the support. It really does help. Yes Sunshine, I am going cold turkey.

Reading this thread: