Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

New Freedoms

18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love the freedom of watching a movie without clearing my throat every 10 minutes and disturbing others in the theatre I love being able to hold a note longer than 2 seconds and sing a song all the way through with out being discouraged Freedom from clock watching at work for when my next smoke break is. Not only keeping up with all the others who walk the campus but actually PASSING them now! woohoo! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 121 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The thing I love the most: I would smoke outside and my little girl would sit at the slidding glass door and so want her mommy but that darn cigarette was more important, but NOT ANYMORE. I will never have to be seperated from her again. Alley [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can eat pizza w/o putting tons of hot peppers on it and NOT get indigestion!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 141 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$36,038.46

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 419 Hours: 20

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love that I am doing something that, for so long, I never dreamed I could do. I love that I can feel my body and mind heal rather than feel anxious about the next doctor's appointment. I love that all of the money I spend on clothes and lotions and perfumes still smell new and pretty and not stinky or pointless. I love not feeling ashamed. I love not feeling like I should know better - there's nothing more exciting than having the ability to leave the guilt behind. I love that I am moving towards my future and not living and dwelling in my past. I love that I am better than that. I love that I no longer organize my day around smoking. I love that being a non-smoker fits with every other aspect of myself and my life - my identity is no longer in a state of constant conflict. I love that I can plan a long life, one that I've protected and not left vulnerable, with my fiance, my family and my friends. This new life rocks! Best to all of you... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 669 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $173.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$206,633.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5157 Hours: 12

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can run up and down stairs numerous times without losing my breath. I can talk to people and not worry if they can smell nasty cigarettes on my breath or hands. Love going to the gas station only for gasoline. Love not having to worry about when I will be able to smoke Really get happy to see my non smoking friends and family tell me how awesome my quit is. Giving others a ride in your car and not worrying about the stench of stale smoke. I will be less wrinkled than smokers I will not want to smoke when its 100 degrees outside and feel like I am being suffocated. Money in my pocket, and a smile on my face! CobenFan ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 469 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay, my thing I love most about not smoking is just being with my 2 girls. I can hug them. I can laugh with them without chocking. I can whisper in their ear, and they do not gag from the breath of a smoker. I can sit & veg on the couch with them and watch Peter Pan to the end. I can go to school events and playgroups and host playdates and not worry that the other parents will think I am a horrible mother because I smoke. I tell myself to find one thing everyday that has changed for the better because of my quit. This helps to stay positive, and not dwell on the negative. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,433 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $153.69 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love taking deep breaths all the way down to my belly button. I love to have a nice long dinner with friends, rather than needing to get outside for a smoke right after a meal My clothes, hair and hands smell so fresh - and my house doesn't stink!!! Love how strong I feel - when I walk now, I feel light as a feather! Love spending time w/friends freely rather than having to figure out 'smoke time' beforehand (and probably not go). I love being able to actually smell my dogs!!! (even when they need a bath!) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,716 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $227.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great discussion!! I LOVE that when I try to speak to someone about Jesus Christ they are not looking at me with a smoke in my hand, destroying the temple I was given, and thinking to themselves I am a hypocrit! I love the fact that I can go where ever I want and don't have to worry about having enough smokes! I LOVE the taste of food again!! I LOVE that my clothes always smell clean!!! I love that I can talk face to face without worrying that I smell like an ashtray! I love being able to sit for more than 20 minutes without going outside for a smoke. I love the smell of the lilacs in my yard. I love that I will live longer (God willing) and be healthier! [color=Red]KC[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 687 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can swim 50 meters of freestyle in a longcourse pool without panicing thinking that I will drown because I can not catch my breath. :) I can swim 500 metres breaststroke nonstop without having to catch my breath. :) I can sleep through the night without startling myself awake because I am choking and coughing and just not able to breath :) I can get through a 3 hour meeting without once thinking oh my when will this end because I have to run out and grab a smoke. :) I can chase my dog and give here a big nuzzle and she doesn't sneeze from inhaling the fumes of smoke that surrounded me. :) This is a great thread and I really could go on because a huge part of my strength in staying quit is looking everyday at what benefit I have from being and living free from smoke an all of the hideous effects that the smoke had on my life and on my body! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,272 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $472.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 68 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love, after I pay my bills and my budget's all tight, not having to figure in the cost of two cartons of cigarettes, at least, before my next check. I love not stressing over where the money for the next pack's going to come from when I'm running low and broke. I love going on a walking trail or for a hike and not even thinking about lighting up, which always ruined the serene and healthy feelings. I love feeling serene and healthy. I love knowing I'm no longer slowly killing myself. I love that my dashboard isn't covered with ashes, my desk and baseboards aren't black with ashes, my computer's still clean. I love not being around ash trays and their ick all the time. I love how proud my boyfriend is of me for quitting. I love that my smoking friends are secretly jealous. There's a lot to love about quitting smoking! Thanks for helping me dwell on it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 994 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1

Reading this thread: