Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

slipped again

18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Orel, I know what your feeling, today is day 2 for me and it is very difficult, I imagine it only gets easier, we just have to hang in there. Get back in there and try again. You deserve to be healthy, so pray for the strength to get through it and I will pray for you too. This is the start of day 2 for me and for some reason Im feeling kind of nauseous and tired. Usually in the past I have felt good after quitting but this time Im not feeling very well. Well, Im still hanging in.
18 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi orel, I can so relate to your distress. I have quit many many times over the past two years, spent countless amount of money, tried everything possible including accupuncture, nicorette, holistic healing techniques in Israel, and just pure willpower. All this and I could not stay quit for more than a few days. I felt shame, lots of shame. And then I realized...I AM AN ADDICT!!!!!! Wow. That was some realization. And so, I continue to try because I know that eventually something will click and I will quit...just like the last time I quit for six years (can you believe I started again. I've aeen at it again for four years and I'm going to quit again). So easy to forget breathing techniques and other tools when in the midst of craving....but it can be done...I did it once for six years. Keep trying until one day it will click. I know it will for me, and I know that if you keep trying, it will for you too. Don't be hard on yourself because that only creates more stress and makes that smoke seem more desirable. You do deserve to quit, but you also deserve compassion from yourself in the process. Trust in your higher self and in spirit. healthystar[color=Maroon]Text[/color]
18 years ago 0 160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm brand new here with my most recent quit attempt. Glad to find everyone! I had another little problem that had to be quit and after countless attempts I finally gave up trying and used that crazy "higher power" concept taught by 12 step groups. With continuous success, that was 4 years and 10 months ago. It works for a lot of people. One other thing I learned from my addictions/recovery. Never, EVER, stop quitting. Good to be here among like-minded quitters! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 46 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Orel, Sorry for your slip but forgive yourself and try again. I know you feel bad but move on and learn from it. It could just as easily been me who slipped. I wish you future success. Hang in there and just look at this as a bump in the road. We are all here for you :) Denisey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 107 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
18 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
After reading your post and all of the responses, I offer this comment. Always believe in yourself and our God. My one week anniversary of non-smoking is nothing less than a miracle from above.
18 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
All of us committed smokers are just a slight bump from slipping up ourselves. Old nicotine demon is waiting for just the right moment to trip us up and convince us we'll never shake this addiction. He's right about one thing. We are addicts and always will be. We can choose not to smoke this minute, this hour, this day, whatever, but we will always always be able to understand a smoker who slips. It sounds like you feel bad for being a smoker and bad for slipping during a quit attempt. Choose to feel good about yourself. Quit and stick to it. Remember how disgusted you felt being a smoker. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/3/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 961 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There is nothing wrong with you.......apart from the fact that you are a drug addict like me! If you don't believe then you will fail, and the reason for not believing is fear............you are frightened of life without cigarettes. Terrified...............because the drug has got you like it had me. You know all about the nicotine levels and the craves and why they happen. You know that it is killing you. You are an intelligent person who would desparately like to go back in time to the point just before you started to smoke....but with the knowledge that you have now. That cannot happen.....................but you could choose to spend the rest of you life not smoking. I can tell you what to do, its very simple. Don't smoke..........I said simple, not easy, not at least for the first few days as you well know........... We have all been there....got the t shirt..........and most of us got there with help and support and love and with people prepared to let us ramble and shout and scream...........the people on this site. I have experienced all of the emotions and frustrations and anger that came pouring out of your short post....and more besides. But I'll let you into a secret. I will never smoke again, I know that now. Do you know how I know? I'm not frightened anymore! I know what the "pleasure" and the "relaxation" from smoking was....simply the topping up of my drugs. I don't have the dark thoughts anymore....the lung cancer the COPD the Emphysema....... And I couldn't bear the thought of letting myself down as well as the people on this site who have invested countless hours in responding to my posts. So, what do you say? Shall we...............and I mean we, give it a go? The only caveat is.......I can't stop smoking for you......you have to do the simple bit! Don';t smoke! Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 278 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
18 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Orel- how are you doing? We are thinking about you!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,730 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $806 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Orel: I don't know what your spiritual beliefs are, but the day before I was to quit smoking I found myself very fearful. I did not truly believe in my ability to stay smoke free or even to see what a smoke free life would mean for me. My vision and my courage was a bit cloudy and tenative. I set up a ritual with a friend of mine that involved prayer and asking for support in these areas for myself. Perhaps something of this nature would help you to get past that 2-3 day hurdle when it comes again. The higher power support could look like whatever you want. Ah, well...this helped me so I thought I would pass it on. Good luck to you and Peace. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/2/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,730 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $408 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Orel....you are not weak. Smoking is an addiction. You are an addict. We are all addicts and the only way we quit is by not lighting that next cigarette. Easier said than done, I know but that is how every last one of quit regardless of how strong or weak we may be. Your desire not to smoke has to outweigh your desire to smoke. Have you worked the program tools found to the left? Have you made a list of your reasons for quitting? You have to start with baby steps and try not to look at quitting as being a forever thing. Take it one day at a time and when that seems too much to bare, take it one hour at a time. Quitting is the hardest thing you will probably ever do but that doesn't mean that it can't be done. There are excellent examples all over this board of people that have done it and continue to stick around to help people like you. You may want to consider some form of NRT in your quit process. I am a cold turkey quitter so I really cannot give you advise on NRT's but I know that several here have used them and quit successfully. I'm sure they will be by to give you advise. Hang in there. Don't beat yourself up too bad. The important thing is that you don't quit quitting. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 199 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $696.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35

Reading this thread: