Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Champix

16 years ago 0 91 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been on this stuff too. It did nothing to curb the cravings. Or make my mood better. Everybody said it would. but i guess i am still waiting. Mary [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,036 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $455.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're doing fine on the site, Lillyput... excuse the butting-in there! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 222 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Daily Llama, Thanks Patrick, I am not good at this you know chat rooms and so on But I am trying, because I love to come here and I love reading the posts they are so inspiring helpful and the lovely poems I read to day really give my heart a lift, it�s not easy for any of us recent quitters all we can do is listed and learn . I know I am learning loads and I�m grateful for all the help. I am finished work now so I won�t be able to talk to you all till tomorrow. Although I might gate crash my sisters computer this evening. God bless
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, If you have any concerns about the NRT that you are on, or thinking about trying, please speak to your doctor to learn more about side effects and benefits. He may be able to make suggestions and recomendations. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wheezer, just to explain a little more... Lillyput is in Ireland and she may well be listening to radio programmes from the BBC or Radio Eireann. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Sorry Wheezer, I should have explained, on the radio it just said to be careful when taking Champix as they were new on the market and studies hand not been completed also make sure you get them on prescription and keep in touch with your doctor. I also have dreams but they are not bad the only other thing for me is they make the cigarettes taste terrible. Once again sorry for not explaining [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �459.90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello - I have heard nothing on the side affects of Champix what did they say on the radio? The only thing that has happened is I am having a lot of dreaming at night.......
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not a problem lilly!! It wasn't just for you but for anyone who may be considering using this drug. All The Best Penitent d1366 :)
  • Quit Meter

$56,969.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 7

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Penitent, I heard about it on the radio, I listened to what they had to say about Champix . I really don�t� think I have too much cause for concern at the moment, I feel for me at least, they have done more good than harm. My intention was to only stay on them for a couple of months I am close to coming off them soon so let�s hope I can cope without them and hopefully they have no lasting�s affects. But thanks for the concern. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �459.90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey lilly, A word of warning on the Champix. I was reading the weekend press here in England. It is early days for this drug over here in Europe and although it may suppress the desire for nicotine, it may be having an adverse effect on the body in other ways. It might be worth giving it a wide berth until clinical tests prove that all is really okay with it. Fortunately, there are other ways of making a quit stick. Good Luck Penitent d1366 :)
  • Quit Meter

$56,969.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 7

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: