Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

2 Years tomorrow

13 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations PB!
Two years is awesome!
Keep the quit!
13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PB, I am so very happy for you!!!  Two years is so wonderful.  Celebrate well, my friend.

Keep the Quit
Sparky
13 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Celebrate your success, PB.  You have earned it.... Thanks for all your help and continue to enjoy your freedom....

Here's to junkie-free living!

Keep the Quit,

Dave
  • Quit Meter

$50,624.87

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1127 Hours: 19

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 363 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone, Alohakeia, I think it was when our government so blatantly raised the tax, making them around 5 bucks a pack. I realized then that it would never stop, they would just keep taking and taking, if not them, then the state. I got tired of being robbed. Brenda, you look great!! So glad your still winning this thing. Rock, thank you neighbor. For my reward I went to Guitar Center and bought a boutique amplifier made by Egnater. This thing sounds as close to heaven as you can get, the tone is unbelievable, I love it. Really glad to see your still kicking butts, its really nice to hear from you all.
  • Quit Meter

$37,708.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 991 Hours: 18

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PB, my Columbus buddy, congratulations on 2 smoke free years!  So great to hear from you and know that you are still smelling wonderful!  So glad that life is treating you well!!!  I hope you are celebrating this milestone with a HUGE reward!  Here's to the next 2 smoke free years, and beyond!!!
13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now Tim, I hate to admit that I do not remember you, but it doesn't matter. We are all family here. Way to go! Keep on marching on.
13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PB, congratulations on two years! Job well done. I'm right behind you.
13 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PB, this is great news! So glad to hear you say that you don't even think about it any more. You're a great example of someone who kept trying. I remember how you struggled for so long, back and forth, back and forth. What do you think were some of the main factors in finally quitting for good?

It is so wonderful to hear that you and your sons are all doing so well. I couldn't be happier for you 

-aloha 
13 years ago 0 363 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
   Thank you eya, it's nice to know my struggle is helping others with thier own, keep it up, it does get way way way better. Thanks Tim, yes we've come a long way, proud of you too!! Ashley, yes I still have Brutus, he is like no other dog I've ever had. He bit right through my thumb nail a few months ago while we were playing ball. He though he had the ball, well, he did have the ball, but my thumb was in there too! He is something else, he sleeps in the bed with us now, and he always has to have his rear end facing me. I woke one morning cuddling his butt!! He is a stinker..literally!! He at around 85lbs now, he is pretty beefy.
   As far a what kept me going through all the hard times, I think a lot of different variables came into play. Loved ones, health, money. I had tried before 7 or 8 times with in a 3 year period. So it was something I knew I had to do, and it was something I knew deep inside I wanted to do. You just have to trust others when they say it gets easier, because let me tell you, I can drink a beer now with no problem, I drink coffee every day with no problem, I can eat and afterwards, no problem, I don't even think of it anymore. Life is back to what it was when I was 14. I can taste, I can breathe, I smell for the most part ok.....its not even an after thought anymore. Its just gone. It can be like this for everyone trying to quit if they just let it happen and have faith that it will happen, I think that was my biggest fear, is the rest of my life going to be like this...WANTING!!! Well, I can tell you now that the answer is NO!! It goes away, or anyone who ever read any of my ramblings knows....the junkie inside will die! 

Keep fighting the good fight 

• Quit Meter

$37,708.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 991 Hours: 18

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi PB,

Great to see you!  It's so nice to hear how awesome your doing.  How's your little (or I should say big reward doing?  Do you still have your bulldog?

Also, for the sake of all the new quitters, what kept you motivated during difficult times in your quit?
Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: