Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,663 Members

Please welcome our newest members: kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725

March quitters -Meet the March Mellows

17 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hye scrawn-e sorry, missed you on the fly by earlier good going!!!!!! Bobbi...Quit thinking about those 33 pounds last time!!!!! This time, youre quitting..that's what's important...and get moving when you feel like it!!! You're doing great..keep it up!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 365 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 710 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Breecie, Welcome aboard! My quit date was day before you 3/27. How are you doing? hope wonderful!!!!! I am using the patch, smoked for 50 years and stupid ones at that! this is my 4th time to quit, did cold turkey before but never again , the reason I started back the last time was I gained 33 lbs. in 6 mo. this time I have a whole new plan and sure hope it works because I will NEVER smoke again! I have been researching for about two mo. didn't do that before either. So far it is going pretty good eve. and first thing in morn. are the worst morn. I just get real busy, in the eve. I watch my few shows on tv, then to bed by 8:30 or 9 so don't have to think about it. what aid are you using? first time to quit? your March Mellow buddie wishes you much luck and sends many prayers Bobbi from Indiana [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 124 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oh yeah....we're all getting through March..you too breecie..this time next month you'll be dancing round the campfure toasting a month!!!!! Here we all go into April!!!!! What shall we call it? Awesome April? All Quit April? Loving this...despite the cravings...Soooooo powerful, being able to not light up!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 362 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Breecie,as you can see there is alot of quitters here all hanging on there with ya! Glad to have you on board .Read lots and do the program on the left, it all helps! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 649 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $263.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brand new quitter for March! I've already gone two days and I can't believe I'm doing this - I was never successful past 12 hours. Wish me luck...I'm hanging on to it with my fingernails...but I can see the end of it and I'm excited!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 58 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ladymullet, I did notice the cravings to be a little bit stronger after quitting the patch, but it was only like once or twice a day and the cravings didn't last very long. They weren't that intense either, just enough to make me stop and think. Gum is my friend. I did have a dream last night that I smoked a cigarette. I also remember being upset in my dream for breaking my quit...ugh. Brad [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 656 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ladymullet, Some quitters do experience a few days of adjustment, others don't. Most quitters get through it by getting back to basics and utilizing the same coping strategies that got them through those first few days. It's also important to remember that if you do experience a few days with a few more cravings and some mild withdrawals, that it will pass and we will be here to support you. Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang with us Girl! We're a hip bunch of quitters, everyone checks in here now and then and can answer any questions,. I am on day 26, using the patch. I am doing great. Once in a while I get a bit edgy , usually when my patch isn't stickin so well. I find it getting better and better every day, and I am prepared that I will probably have days that will be worse than others but I have decidied, I am an addict and I must treat myself as such and have other coping mechanisms in place for those times. Welcome to the March Mellows, you can read thru and see who all the March quitters are, add some to your buddy list (which is in IM) We are glad to have ya! :)
17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yea March quitters. I quit in March too. I am using Wellbutrin and a patch. A little scared about when I stop using the patch, will the cravings be stronger, not sure what to expect. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 393 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 710 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
alohakeia, No my parent's don't have a comp. sure wish they did.But when I get back will sure be here again. Don't yet know when I will have to go. Nurse Bobbi, cute! and I sure feel that way at times. Still hanging in and will continue to do so, alittle harder now with the added stress but I will make it. are you from Hawaii? I lived there for 6 years. Ohau. Thanks for your reply. Keep in touch. please! Keep going Mighty March Mellow, we will, we will! Bobbi

Reading this thread: