Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,546 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Remind me that this gets better

14 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kylisa,

Look at my blog.  I have a picture of the first few weeks graphed out of the craving levels.  This might help you out, because you can see that it does get better over time.  This might not be the same each day for you.. but there is a general progression.  Keep the battle going.  Trust me, it seems a long, far ways away, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 57
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 855
Amount Saved: $427.50
Life Gained:
Days: 6 Hrs: 5 Mins: 16 Seconds: 2

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Lisa!!!!

Please DO remember this week!  Make journal entries in your craving calendar or journal all of these thoughts that are going through your head!!!  I don't know if you did this during your last quit, but it may really help you to read over your comments everyday from day 1 of this quit when you are making a new entry!   It may well be the thing that prevents you from ever picking up another cigarette!

You can do this!!!  You have already proven that you can get through the first, second, third week and beyond!  Keep telling yourself NOPE and commit to winning every battle against the demon!!!  You will do this!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 450
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,250
Amount Saved: $1,856.25
Life Gained:
Days: 76 Hrs: 6 Mins: 39 Seconds: 14

• Quit Meter

$44,310.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 13

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lisa, this temporary inconvenience will yield a huge permanent improvement!  Marivi and the others gave you some great advice.  I remember the advice you and others gave me back when I quit last August.  Lots of iced water, reward yourself when you reach a milestone (and that means after each passed craving, each smoke free day, each smoke free week, and any other reason you want to celebrate!), and post as often as you need.  Treat yourself like royalty while you go through the first couple weeks!  You deserve it!  We're all rooting that you never have to experience Hell Week again!!!!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 281
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,240
Amount Saved: $2,248.00
Life Gained:
Days: 42 Hrs: 0 Mins: 45 Seconds: 55

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang on Lisa!!!! It does gets better. You are going trough Hell Week and it is not pretty. But the discomfort or even physical pain you are experiencing is nothing compared to all the benefits you will get from staying quit!
Your hair smells great,your clothes and breath too! Your skin is getting clearer and the grayish tone has dissapeared. Your feet and hands are not longer cold or numb.And the benefits keep piling up.
 I slept trough the first 4 days of my quit, I know how you are feling! So keep your ice water on hand, popsicles,straws cut the size of a cigarrette,5 consecutive deep breaths,the Allen Carr Book,hot showers,and read and post as much as you can.
You will succeed, no doubt in my mind.!
 Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 125
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,875
Amount Saved: $187.50
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 6 Mins: 55 Seconds: 24

14 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you!!  I am so glad you are back with us.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 62
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 620
Amount Saved: $124.00
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 0 Mins: 31 Seconds: 53

14 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Lisa.....It does get better.  Every day that you refrain is a major reward....be proud of yourself.  We are all here for you.  NOPE
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/8/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 20
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 200
Amount Saved: $93.50
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 17 Mins: 6 Seconds: 29

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hell week is aptly named lisa.........  I did sleep a lot.......many did.......Pamper yourself as best you can, you are earning it.
Once the drug is out of your system.......it gets easier.......
Stay Strong........

Keeping the Quit
hugggggg and coooookies
Bob

Ashley.......nice to see you as well as the rest..........

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 121
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,630
Amount Saved: $508.20
Life Gained:
Days: 25 Hrs: 9 Mins: 39 Seconds: 40

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hell week is aptly named lisa.........  I did sleep a lot.......many did.......Pamper yourself as best you can, you are earning it.
Once the drug is out of your system.......it gets easier.......
Stay Strong........

Keeping the Quit
hugggggg and coooookies
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 121
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,630
Amount Saved: $508.20
Life Gained:
Days: 25 Hrs: 9 Mins: 39 Seconds: 30

14 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good work on beating that craving Kylisa!  You are doing it one craving at a time! Whenever you need a hand to hold come on here.  How will you reward yourself for beating today?

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 90 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lisa

Its hard to see now because you are in hell week, but it WILL get better.  Right now, focus on the 2 smoke free days that you have and how proud you should be of those 2 days.  Just get through work and then you can go home and crawl into bed.  Before you know it, we'll be celebrating the end of your hell week!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/19/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 343
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,116
Amount Saved: $1,080.45
Life Gained:
Days: 28 Hrs: 13 Mins: 48 Seconds: 34

Reading this thread: