Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

need some support

16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boo You are right, whatever works, and you will not be the one coming back in smelling of smoke.. and maybe making her nauseaus. And she is proud of you for Your quit. Hang in there sweetie, you can and are doing this. Try to take care of yourslef, eat.. sleep etc. caregiving and watching someone you love is tough work. Please don't forget to take care of yourself [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 442 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $69.62 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm here! Still not smoking! Otherwise bad news is getting worse. We are looking for bright spots where ever we can find them and we thinking most of the testing will be over tomorrow. I know it isn't positive thinking but I just keep reminding myself that I will not be the person leaving her bedside to go out and smoke! Whatever works right?! Thanks for thinking of me! Hugs to you BJ, my thoughts are with you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 690 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $172.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Booling.. we will hang on and hug each other.. My mother in law had her 2nd chemo treatment today. Hang in there.. you are not alone.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 425 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66.94 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Booling, How are you doing??? :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 367 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,871.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Booling, here is a writing to take with you, it will help you. Give it to your sister in law and tell her, "Don't ever give up Hope for even one second, for Miracles are born every day!" Cancer is so Limited Cancer is so limited...... It cannot cripple love, It cannot shatter hope, It cannot corrode faith, It cannot eat away peace, It cannot destroy confidence. Cancer is so limited..... It cannot shut out memories, It cannot silence courage, It Cannot invade the soul, It cannot reduce eternal life, It cannot quench the human spirit, It cannot lessen the power of friends and family. Author Unknown :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 365 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,850.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Still smoke free! The news keeps getting worse but I will not smoke! This is harder then the first week, but all the kind thoughts and support helps more then I thought it would! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kathymeg, There is a blue LAUNCH icon above the main forums page. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Booling..so sorry to hear of all of your family's pain. And I know first hand what a trigger that stress can be! I caved in, I had quit smoking for 6 months, then my Mom went blind overnight and my world turned upside down too. I had to help her learn to cope with sudden loss of all sight, I moved her across country and into our home, I sacrificed my job at the university and gave up my retirement..and I caved in and began smoking. WHAT a stupid mistake that was!! It did not help, it only made money tighter, made me look and feel older than before; I tried my best to rationalize what I was doing, better a cig than a Valium, etc...and it took me a long long time to finally quit again and this time is for good!! Hang in there, I am sending peaceful and healing thoughts your way and please know we are all here for you. If you ever have any questions or if there is anything I can do, let me know. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 774 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Booling, I'm very sorry to hear about your pain. I can't offer anything more than has already been written, but please know you're in my thoughts. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/3/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $463.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Booling I am so sorry for the pain you are going through right now. My prayers are with you and your family. Hang tough, as from all the other posts, you know smoking won't help. Hopefully all of these prayers that are going out to you will make you strong enough to just say NO. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. ((((((hugs))))))) and prayers [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 369 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,845.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30

Reading this thread: