Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

3rd day of cravings

17 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
windy - you are 153 days quit and you STILL have cravings? Say it ain't so? That doesn't make me feel good.....
  • Quit Meter

$23,854.95

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6426 Hours: 11

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're doing great Jan and setting such a good example for us newbies! 30 days is worth a really nice reward. :) Hang tight. Pat xo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 585 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $196 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$121,536.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 968 Hours: 0

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow. So wierd, me too. I am on day 31 and yesterday out of the blue I started getting cravings after I ate dinner. Then I was cleaning out my enclosed porch today and found a pack of butts (3 left). Needless to say I threw them out and didn't and won't smoke. The cravings weren't as bad as I remember them being at the day 3-4 mark, but they were cravings none the less. This has to be the mental part, or mental retard part, depending on how you look at it. You'd have to be nuts to smoke a cig after going through the first 2 weeks now, but I now see why it is so important to come here and drop in once a day. Thanks for you post, glad to hear your doing well as I am. Day 31 and I must say, I am really proud of myself. A month...a whole month without smoke. Jimmy T.M. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 521 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys, Just wanted to put a food for thought idea out here to you Patch and Gum users! Had it occurred to you that by using nicotine...in one form or other that you are prolonging the withdrawal? (you will still have to go through the 72 hours of withdrawal when you give up that final patch or piece of gum) auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,092 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $194.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there, posting helps. I slammed at a point a little past you. don't want to say when. don't want to jinx you. I had to start all over. There is a re-bound that happens to a lot of us. Don't worry too much. Some people here have successfully plowed through this rough patch. Just know that it is there and take precautions. And, know that it will pass. Your are doing great. Stay close. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 445 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $220 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I remember 15 days, 30 days and 90 days (I'm not sure what happened between 30 and 90...hmmmmm). 3rd week was exhaustion, 30 days was cravings and frustration, 90 days a little bit of both again. BUT...the good news is that there were lots of good days in between. You are doing so well Jan - Cravings seem to be the worst for me when I am not distracted and it is sooooooooooo hard to be distracted in this awful, nasty weather. Hope the days ahead get better and better for ya. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 153 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,071 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $765 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys for the support. I fully intend to stay close to this site until this "episode" passes. I'm glad to know its not just me, and everyone else sailed through this. Danielle even described it as the "30 day pit", and now that I know its there, I'm taking every precaution. I'll hang in there. Deep breathing and patience are important for me. So is tea!!!! Lots of tea. Hanging' tough, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 885 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:8o:Today is my 30th smoke free day and I have to say I've been in the middle of a rough patch for three days now. The cravings hit hard and fast, leaving me feeling frustrated, miserable and tired. Tired of fighting them. HOWEVER, I will continue on. I've adopted the "back to basics" attitude. One crave at a time. I'm going easy on myself again. Sleeping a bit more, just to escape the cravings and the feelings attached to them. These feelings suck. Plain and simple. But I know that THEY WILL PASS. I'm riding them out right now, hoping I'll feel some sense of "normal" soon. Any feelings like this around 30 days? Hanging on tight, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 883 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes Jan i had feelings like that at 30 days (and 60 and 90) but remember that you've made it this far. Please don't turn back now. In a little while they'll be gone and you'll be rolling on fine again. Don't forget to keep your hands busy with lots of distractions, take those puppies out for a walk (uhh dress warm!) and then treat yourself to a nice bubble bath! Congrats on making it 30 days, so proud of you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 183 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,137 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $717.36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan!!!! Hang on in there it will ease. You will have more to come but you are in control now!!!! Hang tight for ME please! Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 187 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,937 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �981.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45

Reading this thread: