Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,491 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Not smoking and other ramblings

14 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dave   I appreciate your kind words. But hey , look at you , you've got an awesome quit going there. As a non smoker you're one up now. Be proud of yourself.  Trillium  another day smoke free for you. You're the most important person here. msreader1 Great to see you here. And look at those stats. I know you're busy but try not to be a stranger. We miss you when we don't see you for a while. Look at you. Excellent.  breather 213 Addict still 0
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 213
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,650
Amount Saved: $5,112.00
Life Gained:
Days: 39 Hrs: 1 Mins: 39 Seconds: 4

14 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Breather - for some reason my computer isn't letting me go past the last page of postings on a multiple page so I can't even read your original post.   Just wanted to say congratulations on over 200 days!  You're looking good and I hope this finds you doing well!!
A

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 164
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,968
Amount Saved: $865.92
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 15 Mins: 43 Seconds: 57

14 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Thanks Marivi...tonight has been good, as was today! I know I can do this and you are right, it is empowering. Thanks for the encouragement, friend. This site continues to blow me away...I am awestruck by the wonderful people on here. X-smokers are the greatest!!!!  Looking forward to another smoke-free day tomorrow! All the best with your "quit" as well!
Good night and sleep tight!

Trillium

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 11
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 220
Amount Saved: $35.20
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 11 Mins: 3 Seconds: 10

14 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don,  thanks for your earnesty and honesty.  You have made this journey more meaningful, and yes, enjoyable than I could have imagined. 

Keep the Quit, friend!

Dave

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/19/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 143
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,290
Amount Saved: $1,126.13
Life Gained:
Days: 23 Hrs: 10 Mins: 43 Seconds: 49

• Quit Meter

$50,416.83

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 4

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Trillium!
10 days is awsome. Just fight one smoking tought at a time, and you will be OK. Of course this is a rollercoaster ride! It is a hard but empowering journey. You gain so many things . And you should be proud of yourself.
Hugs
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 139
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,085
Amount Saved: $208.50
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 21 Mins: 6 Seconds: 42

Hello Trillium & Jim  Trillium , awesome that you're doing so well and congratulations on 10 days smoke free. Half way through Heck week. Leaving an addiction behind isn't without it's ups and downs and I'm glad you're doing well. Jim , glad you're back. Congratulations again on your HOF nomination. You've put a lot into this site and it shows. Way to go buddy. Excellent. Addict still 0
My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 212
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,600
Amount Saved: $5,088.00
Life Gained:
Days: 38 Hrs: 21 Mins: 53 Seconds: 4

14 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I read these posts from all of you and I know why I am on this site!! Each and every one of you is an inspiration to me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your honesty and sincerity. In every post there is something to take away with me. You publish a post and have no idea how even just one comment can impact my day. Today is day ten for me and I am doing really well and attribute much of my success to the readings here and knowing I am not alone. I am so proud of me and happy to say, even shout, I am a non-smoker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you one and all.

Trillium

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 10
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 200
Amount Saved: $32.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 9 Mins: 24 Seconds: 53

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Don!!!

Congratulations on reaching the 7 month milestone!!  EXCELLENT!!!  I know what you mean, it still is one day at a time for a LOT of us here and that is why we are here reading and posting!!!  I am so glad that you are doing so well and have made it this far!  That really was a good way to look at it...  being addicted to the quit!!!  I guess that's why we're here!!!   Yap with ya soon, buddy!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 463
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,575
Amount Saved: $1,909.88
Life Gained:
Days: 78 Hrs: 11 Mins: 37 Seconds: 5

• Quit Meter

$44,212.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 4

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you deb and Rock , day by day we're winning at this. bgaineshunter I haven't looked at it from your perspective now I can. I was tired of it too. You're doing excellent at 40 days. The hardest part is behind you. Don't lose sight of that. We're rooting for you. Looks like 9 days till your virtual cruise. Trillium , you're right we aren't alone. There are no strangers , just people we haven't met yet. Marivi. I'm sure you've said it before but sometimes I'm not too swift. Be addicted to the quit. No better way to look at it than that. I get it now , thank you. Jules , I've read the " book ", but it never hurts to read it again. I'll be reading it again. Thank you for reminding me. For some of you being fairly new here , welcome , you're the most important people here. I can't , we can. You help me in my quit by telling me it isn't any better. Celebrating your acheivements helps me stay smober. Addiction = selfishness , we were born better than that. Wishing us all another smoke free day. Excellent.  breather 212 Addict 0
My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 212
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,600
Amount Saved: $5,088.00
Life Gained:
Days: 38 Hrs: 21 Mins: 13 Seconds: 48

14 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Its never too late to stop smoking,,,,,,and it can only get better and better being smoke free......if you have never read the book written by Allen Carr....The easyway to stop smoking, I would strongly recommend it. The basic premise is that when you quit smoking you are not losing anything....ANYTHING..... it took a while for me to believe that....still working on it actually.......but my commonsense tells me he is right.......I am not giving up something.....I am gaining something precious.........and so are you.....the ability to walk free........free from NEEDING a cig, free from having to worry about having enough cash to buy smokes, or free from having to worry about smoking in a nonsmoking enviroment....like a plane, a bus, etc.....you get the jist.   Anyway congradualtions on your 211 days......thats a big achomplishment.  Jules

Reading this thread: