Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

My Junkie finally came alive

15 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep us in the loop PB, day 21 is coming close!  I want to make sure you plow through that day smoke free.  You are not going to lose a quit to the dreaded blackjack again!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 18
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 270
Amount Saved: $135.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 1 Mins: 33 Seconds: 26

15 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Still going strong PB!    Great job!  Found a lot was coming my way during heck week as well....  hopefully you are feeling better soon and can start enjoying not smoking!  The more tough situations we go through without smoking, the stronger we become!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 14
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 210
Amount Saved: $105.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 13 Mins: 32 Seconds: 36

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PB, sorry to hear all that life is throwing your way.  The good thing to remember is that smoking won't fix, cure, help, change, or eliminate any stresses.  And with you saying NOPE and approaching 2 weeks smoke free, you are doing awesome!  I sweat that nasty nicodemon keeps an eye out on our stats and pops out his ugly head when we are about to reach a milestone.  I'm just so happy that you keep telling him No Way JOSE!!!!!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 239
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,560
Amount Saved: $1,912.00
Life Gained:
Days: 35 Hrs: 18 Mins: 26 Seconds: 37

15 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey PB, I'm glad you're feeling better! You know that junkie likes to play dirty - he kicks you when you're down, and you came through with flying colors. It's the association we have built with cigarettes over the years. At the first sign of stress what does a smoker do, but run for his smokes! Hope you're getting better and I am sorry about your friend. His battle is just beginning. Your attitude will help you through it. Always be prepared because stress pops up like that and we need to be aware that some days out of the blue, we will need a coping skill. NOPE is a good one!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 773
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 19,325
Amount Saved: $8,155.15
Life Gained:
Days: 102 Hrs: 8 Mins: 45 Seconds: 32

15 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
pb
you are now in "who's ya daddy week" ! because that's what you can scream at the smokes !

enjoy the weeks and thanks for staying strong.

mike /astrofan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 400
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,000
Amount Saved: $3,600.00
Life Gained:
Days: 67 Hrs: 20 Mins: 31 Seconds: 18

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations PB on your quitting attitude.! You did the right thing.
And I'm really sorry about your co-worker. Cancer is a nasty illness. We have to thank God every day for our health.
Keep your good job!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 82
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,230
Amount Saved: $123.00
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 9 Mins: 43 Seconds: 30

15 years ago 0 363 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Thanks for all of your comments, I find them all useful and try and take something from every one of them. Today, I am at the end of heck week, and I'm doing better. I had a test earlier when I got into a little argument with someone close, and they threw it up in my face about all the money I had wasted over the years with my smoking, and then they decided to tell me to go ahead and start smoking again...Now, all of you know, usually all an addict needs is for someone close to tell them to go ahead, thats all the excuse they need!!! But, I decided to stay strong, and be mature about it, and understand where her words were coming from. So, we all tread on. On another note, I found out today at work that a co-worker who I admire very much has found out he has cancer spread throughout most of his body, he was planning on retiring in July...so sad.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 14
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 560
Amount Saved: $168.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 4 Mins: 24 Seconds: 49

• Quit Meter

$37,749.08

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 992 Hours: 20

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PB, I alway found the monster waiting for me around day 8 thru 15 and I lost a lot of quits around that time.  For me I would fight like heck to stay smoke free and then I would get complacent with my quit.  I have to recommit every morning and sometime during the day.  You know this journey for me has been a nightmare by any standard, but I am still trying as you are.  You (we) will get this done.  Sure hope you are feeling better and the sleep will come, it will.  Take care of yourself.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 19
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 190
Amount Saved: $38.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 19 Mins: 18 Seconds: 30

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hope you are feeling better PB
Congratulations on saying NOPE. Yes like you said before. Our brain is addicted! But we can  blame it on ourselves!
We made the conscious effort to become addicted to cigarrettes, and we succeded!
We are paying the price right now. But I know that we are better off right now. Even if we are experiencing some kind of discomfort. We will succeed PB.
Congratulations, you are doing a great job!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 81
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,215
Amount Saved: $121.50
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 6 Mins: 51 Seconds: 20

15 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep going!!!
And writing does seem to get a lot of the tension out, makes you connect to others and learn...
We'll make it!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: �0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 1 Mins: 23 Seconds: 40

Reading this thread: