Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Prayer

17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey... Maybe those who stop by this topic should write a couple of sentences about "why they think God wants you to quit." Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,096 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $241.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
1 Corinthians 6:19 "Don't you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you...whom you have received from God? You are not your own. You were bought with a price. Therefore, honor God with your body." Mercy p.s. I love your scriptures!!!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 978 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $214.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
What a joy to read your verses of encouragement!! We are litterally family here...all God's children. In lieu of this I hope you like this verse: "I will be a Father to you and you will be my sons and daughters... says the Lord Almighty" Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God." (2Corinthians 6:18-7:1) I remember reading those two verses and a buzzard went off in my head. I knew then and there I loved God more than my false God/cigarettes. Prayes your way. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $214.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
:) :) :) :) GONNADOIT YA GOTTALOVEIT LOL LOL that was great!! mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $214.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Hi everyone, I was soooo surprised to see so many replies. Actually I thought I may have gotten some negative feed back. I didn't want to break any rules. It is just my faith is so important to me and I wanted to share how prayer and scriptures in the bible has helped me. It is actually VERY comforting to know others have found support from God too. (Again... I don't know if it is permissable....but I'd love to hear your favorite scripture....or proverb that has encouraged you to keep at it. Lots of blessins and prayer to you all! Mercy ps.... please excuse my spelling. You have to use phonics..fonicks..fonics )whatever.. when you read my posts!! LOL ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 955 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210.09 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Hi, I am not sure if this discusion is allowed....but for those that love God...don't over look prayer. I read the bible everytime I crave a cigarette.... and pray. There is wonderful scriptures that uphold our resolve to quit. It would be nice to have a discussion topic to post spiritual encouragements. Mercy ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 935 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205.62 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
gonnadoit...wow A police officer???? Are you male or female? I just assumed you were female... not that females can't be officers.. lol Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,077 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
Convicted, You hang in there. Put you suit of armor on! Those craves are the whiles of the evil one. When I posted this I just meant to encourage those of faith! I never knew the impact that it would have... duh..... or then again, maybe I should have!! ;) Guess he really is all around us..isn't he. All we have to do is take advantage of his cousil and love. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,075 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Hi again!! Another little devotional to bring a fresh outlook on why we should quit smoking. What a reason....."To be an example for God to others" Here it goes: As the spirit of the "living God" works in our lives.....we are changed. As the light of the world, we are called to be examples. The word example means to...be a sample or model. We are to display a life that reflects the heart of God. Our demeanor at work and home....out attitudes and habits send a "redemptive message to others that may not know Christ. The result of our enduring God's chastening process, HAPPILY, is just what this world needs. In a real sense, the example we show is really none other than Jesus Christ. Being an example means we walk the talk. Our speech, conduct, love, faith and purity (I'm gonna add habits) are living proof that Jesus does make us new creatures! Our example is very important. As we live a redeemed lifestyle, free from what the world entices us to do, our Lord is being preached in a powerful way. Being an example can be tough at times and even drive us to the limits of our patience. The key to exemplary living? Looking unto Jesus! Hope you all feel encouraged. Praying for all of you today....(and that incluedes a special one for you tutti! Blessings Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,075 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
Sunshine, I am sorry to hear about your cousin. My cousin is my good friend too. Know that God is aware of your hurt. I am so glad you have the Lord in your life. "The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (psalm34:18) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,058 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $232.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: