Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,641 Members

Please welcome our newest members: JCONOPIO, SBUENVIAJE, RSUNGA, FJANA MARJORIE, RJANINA CLAIRE

Yesterday was the worst out of 40 days

18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i know. i really do. i have to cope some other way. but hiding with a cigarette has been it for the past 4 years...... i haven't left. and if i can continue to calm down, i won't. thanks for helping.......it's good to call out and have someone hear you......... Sheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 638 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $283.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
well..........i feel like the inside of my cheek is made of hamburger, throat is pretty raw and sore and i'm still "out of sorts" but so far nothing i can't manage....... thanks for checking up Luci-Lou.....i think as long as i can remain civil to my husband it should be OK. but i'm gonna stay close to here just in case [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $290.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
I made it......in the grand scheme of things, considering the hell i've put myself thru (my husband told me to put the damn patch back on last night - i was afraid he plaster me with them while I slept!) I have come out relatively unscathed. I never thought I was a "smug" non-smoker - I had my battles during Hell Week and Heck Week, but I also thought it was strictly mind over matter, and that banishing the junkies and monkeys seemed to be up my alley. After all, I quit drinking 10 years ago......how bad could this be compared to that? in a word [b]FREAKIN'BAD[/b] (that's two, I know) I absolutely do not remember thoughts like the ones I had over the past two days grabbing me and not letting me go......to have them 24/7 was unbearable. And the cravings were like someone squeezing my chest and head and not letting go. Indescribable. But I'm here, alive, and DID NOT HAVE TO RESET MY QUIT METER. Lemme tell ya, big reward coming my way pretty damn soon....I know it's not over yet. That's the scary part. But I made it thru and I am so thankful to have had this site and all those who posted to see me thru this....... again, THANKS to luci, fish, gpw, silver, butterfly, tony and brent. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 657 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $290.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Groovekitty.......three days of physical withdrawral is what we are talking...only three days, and you have got the first one sorted. Look at your quit meter and give yourself a pat on the back, 42 days of not putting those filthy things in your mouth. You are not going to need luck cos you are going to do this. Youa re going to do it because you have thought about how you are going to cope, you have got a stack of juice to drink to keep the blood sugars sorted and you have got us ugly lot to help you. Do some more reading on the withdrawral bit because knowledge really helps. Post often as well. This is the final bit girl! Go for it. brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 374 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �265 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
GrooveK- I am sorry. I spent years in a miserable space. You need to have some of your own where you can be yourself. Smoking will make things much worse. You lose, nic wins. Hang in there, girl. We all are pulling for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,066 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $877.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sheryl, YOU MADE IT THROUGH!!! That's great! Just remember that you are one day closer to never feeling that way again. If you're going nekkid, it might be a little rough for a couple of days, but you know that you will make it through. Just stay tough. You're doing awesome! Congratulations on making it through a very rough day. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/pinkglitterybutterfly.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,359 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $310.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Groove kitty, A cigarette won't help this. It won't make the problems go away... I promise. Please don't go there! Your marriage problems will be there regardless if you smoke or not, and if you throw away a 42 day quit, you will feel A LOT worse about that and only add to your problems!!! PLEASE, don't do that! Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/pinkglitterybutterfly.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,363 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $310.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Groove Kitty, If it's that bad, I suggest putting on a patch before you go get some smokes... if a patch will keep you from lighting up, better to do that than go to the store... just a suggestion. I know you're trying to get off of it, but maybe it's too soon. There's no shame in wearing a patch for an extra week or so to get you through this time. Obviously things are really stressful for you right now, and perhaps going nekkid wasn't the right timing. If you have to, just put on a patch to help with the cravings... whatever you do, DON'T SMOKE!!!! Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/pinkglitterybutterfly.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,364 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $310.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing today Groovekitty? Lucy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 983 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $331.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
deep breaths, put on a movie you like (you're at home right?), take a bath (it's hard not to calm down in a hot tub full of bubbles), nap, cry........whatever you want.......and trust me, you don't REALLY want to smoke - you (and me) are just not used to dealing with all this crap without nicotine. I'll probably need YOUR help when i decide to go nekkid!! Lucy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 963 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $323 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: