Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Yesterday was the worst out of 40 days

18 years ago 0 160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ditto Silver. gpw
18 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hang in .watch what you drink and eat . i have sugar to and when i quit smoking i drank a lot of apple juice that had 19grm of sugar. good luck on both we can make it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,326 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $203 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
please hang on to your quit. these are the things we have to deal with - life. I'm right here with you - our quit dates are very near. I've been struggling, too. I usually hate posting depressing stuff, so I try to avoid it and tend to just leech off of the positives going on around here when I feel down. But, so you know you are not alone, my girlfriend and I broke up, which was very unexpected to me and has caused me much grief on top of the turmoil of quitting. So, I know about relationship woes. I think this is our test and we must prevail. We are doing the best thing possible for ourselves and it really is life or death. I have to be faithful to the promise I made to myself. Please hang in there - we all want you to succeed. keep on keepin' on - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,219 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
way to pull through - that's inspiration to me. Thanks Groovekitty. keep on keepin' on - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
you got it - that's what we're here for. Us quitters gotta stick together. If we can all take a bite of the 'ol sh!t sandwich together, perhaps it won't be so bad for the one holding it at the time. If that analogy makes any sense. I know I've eaten a couple and I imagine there's a few more on the menu in my future. I'd love to share. keep on keepin' on - fish. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks everyone.........I too have tried to post mainly positives (attaboys and attagirls) for others when they go thru a rough patch, and "leech" off of the advice given by the sages (you know who you are, oh mighty ones)when i hit a crave or two or three....... this time was crazy and i needed a virtual slap across the face....because i was truly hysterical. with wanting to smoke, that is. generally i am not that theatrical (except while arguing, and i take no prisoners). it was g**damn rough. I NEVER went thru that in Hell Week. the screaming mimi's and blind lust for a smoke. man oh man........save me from myself, and you all helped. thanks is all i can say, but it is heartfelt..... :) (and I'm STILL NOT SMOKING) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 642 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $283.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
Man oh man. I am so glad yesterday is over. :gasp: Not so sure I like where today is going, :8o: but I'll deal with each part once it arrives! I decided to not use the patch any longer. I was having issues with the timing of putting it on and off, and the damn things won't stick in the shower, which is a real pain in the patootie. So. I stopped. And yesterday I think ALL of your little junkie thoughts and nicodemon monkeys paid me a visit. At least, it felt that way. I had EVERY rationalization in the book spinning thru me. Plus, I had a fight with my hubby which, even with the patch, leaves me with a nasty crave to battle with. But, I did not give in. I ate like a freakin' horse (not good, since at the same time I quit, I was also diagnosed with diabetes), but figured my endocrinologist would forgive me slipping one day if it meant not smoking. I also went for a long bike ride, read a book and got caught up on some TV shows I missed while travelling (TIVO is a beautiful thing). Let's hope today is better. Pls wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.... Sheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 636 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $283.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
oh man. thank GOD i don't live within walking distance of a store. that's all i can say. BIG BIG fight this morning. once again, he has threatened to move out/divorce me - i say "good riddance" as i usually do. then he goes on his merry way as if noting he said or did hurt me. i digress. you don't need to hear my marital woes. bottom line is - this is the worst fight since i've quit, and i swear to god if this doesn't get better SOON i am out that door like a shot to the closest gas station/store. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 637 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $283.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
:gasp: :gasp: :gasp: :gasp: that's me practicing my deep breathing, except i'm not exhaling. i'm still nekkid and still not smoking. I know deep down that it never helps anything, but obviously I don't have a substitute (except for crying, and that NEVER helped anyway!) It was lousy timing getting rid of the patch, however i generally don't plan a knock-down, drag-out fight. or at least i try not too. i appreciate EVERYONE's help......this truly does work....... ;) still 42 days and counting.................... Sheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 639 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $283.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
thanks, Lucy and Butterfly. yes, i'm at home. i'm ALWAYS at home (work from home). problem is, hubby is ALWAYS at home too. he also works from home. so.......i really can't take a bath, or have a nap right now - even working from home, bosses have eyes in the backs of their heads! He has left to run some errands. house is finally quiet and he has our one and only vehicle. let's hope he stays out for a VERY LONG TIME to give us both some cooling space. thanks again. i'm not that desperate that i'll walk...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 638 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $283.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: