Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

GRRRRR

18 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yep, I felt the same but keep it up.....I am on day 13 (unlucky for some) and I still want to scream at people and pull their heads off. But it has got easier, I dont feel irritable all day now, just a few hours late in the afternoon. Then it passes. When I crave I just get up and do something. Something to take my mind off the urge, it helps. My house has never been cleaner and I have no ironing to do :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 271 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �58.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 67 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI KITTY IT IS NORMAL TO FEEL STRESSED AND A BIT EDGY AFTER QUITTING. AT THE MOMENT I HERE THE MUSIC FROM THE SHOWER SCENE EVERYTIME MY HUBBY SPEAKS............I THINK HE IS GLAD TO HAVE GONE TO WORK :eg:
18 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kitty, i know exactly how you feel. Like i said in my post i feel like I am in a constant state of BAD PMS. I am alittle afraid that my boyfirend might break up with me (or my neck) ha ha.. as far as when you will feel like your normal again, don't know. Still waiting for the spaced out feeling to leave me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 378 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
18 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The "first time" I stopped I wanted to hurt people, just take deep breaths, and count to ten and remember why you are doing this in the first place. Chewing gum helps some, It will get better. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 271 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One technique I use (fairly successfully, unless my husband actually [i]deserves[/i] to be yelled at) is to take deeeeep breaths (thru the nose, out the mouth) about 10 times, and then you pass out from hyperventilating and you stop pissing people off. Try it, it works :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I vented in my car (not saying you can walk out to your car every time you feel like screaming at someone, but just yelling feels good once or twice a day!) This is perfectly normal. Your poor nerves are trying to get use to "normal life" again without massive doses of nicotene, carbon monoxide, tar, and God knows what else they pump into cigs...... Perhaps tell folks in your office you have just quit, and you may be "a little off" for the next few weeks..... I'm sure they will understand, and be quite sympathetic... Good luck, and hang in there!!!!!! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 381 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the confidence, i was having real bad cravings but they did go away. I sure hope they dont last too much longer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Hi newbkr! Yeah im just about to rip my hair out. How do i find the thread that your talking about? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 30 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
Thanks guys, i think i am gonna go for a walk. Hope nobody bangs into me. ;)
Im only on my second day and i'm having hallucinations of killing everyone in my office that talks to me. It seems like everyone is going out of their way to aggravate me. I want to scream at everyone to just SHUT UP!!! Has this happen to anyone else. Thanks for letting me vent :mad:

Reading this thread: