Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Im still lurking in the shadows

14 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there Mr Rock ... I noticed that you were still around ... and still doing great - I was so pleased to see that you are still fighting the good fight.  Yeah, I noticed that Miss Marple was AWOL and now returned - to be honest, it was probably this that encouraged me to post ... (I hope that didn't sound too awful!) Thanks for posting ... it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to know that no one has turned their back on me ... yet! I shall take your advice and keep lurking ... you never know, maybe I can become a bonafide member once again ... stranger things have happened!! xx

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/14/2010
Smoke-Free Days: -9
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -135
Amount Saved: �-39.83
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -65267

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lil!  Keep on lurking!  We'll be here when you need us!  I've missed ya!  Miss Marples is back too, so its a good week to see both of you!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 502
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20,080
Amount Saved: $5,020.00
Life Gained:
Days: 77 Hrs: 8 Mins: 36 Seconds: 46

Jack Daniels ... It was J.D that weakened my resolve ... quite some time ago now, Well, that and the fact that my sister (a lifelong smoker) came to visit ... we had a few drinks - she went out for a smoke ... I followed and my will power went up in smoke ... literally.  There is not much that you can do to help  ... YET.  The next bit I have to decide to do for myself - but the last quit was my first ever quit and it was so hard - smoking (or trying to refrain) became an obsession, I fought many a battle with my struggle NOT to smoke and yet it was the one thing that I really wanted to do ... I know, I know ... it probably doesn't make any sense! So now ... I am more scared than ever.  The last time I was oblivious to what lay ahead ... but this time ... I KNOW  and it terrifies me ... Aaargh 'the devil and the deep blue sea' - 'a rock and a hard place' and so it goes on .... maybe I'll lurk for a while ... read a few posts and see if I can muster up the courage ... but thanks, I appreciate you getting back to me. 

Lil x

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/14/2010
Smoke-Free Days: -9
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -135
Amount Saved: �-39.83
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -65305

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
FagAshlil,

What can we do for you?  What triggered you to start again? How can we help you get on this path of a healthy you?

Let us know, we are always here!

Josie, Health Educator
Hi to anyone out there ... to Miss Marple in particular.  I am not 'back' ... I am merely lingering hopefully.  I am still smoking so I am not sure that I should even be on here ... but maybe the fact that I AM on here is a positive sign.  Good luck to all you recent quitters and RESPECT to all those who have remained strong. Maybe I'll be seeing you soon xx

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/9/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 301
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,515
Amount Saved: �1,331.93
Life Gained:
Days: 27 Hrs: 22 Mins: 16 Seconds: 49

Reading this thread: