Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Im still lurking in the shadows

14 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hullo to y'all and OMG ... thanks for your response ... I was a wee bit scared to look and see ... but guess what ... I didn't get a spanking from anyone (Oh well a girl can dream!!) It was great to hear back from so many 'old' familiars and nice to see a few new faces too ... Cheeurs!

Miss Marple you old devil you ... great to hear from you and even better that you are still here dusting yourself down and wading back in ... all power to you Missus. I shall be reading your posts with keen interest to see how things are going for you ... Let me know (but only if you tell me that it has been easy peasy ... a gift ... a walk in the park ... good old plain sailing ... or am I being a little optimistic??)  Good Luck my fag free friend ... and remember ... Lil is lurking!!

Lolly ... Great news, I am so glad that you are keeping well and that you are still here giving very sound advice - (or sermons!!)  however you refer to it ... I NEED it ... I don't do tip toeing ... tell it like it is has always been the best medicine for me and as I no longer have my Mother around (I am 50% orphan) ... I do rather need a straight talking woman to put me in my place whenever the need arises .... and I rather suspect that you could be the woman for the job.  I am SO pleased to hear from you ... I shall keep in touch.  

Thanks to everyone ... your posts are helping to keep my hope alive.  x  Lil

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/14/2010
Smoke-Free Days: -7
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -105
Amount Saved: �-30.98
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -49280

14 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Lil!!!!!!
I am so glad to hear from you!  As you can tell, I had a set back as well.  After a year I fell and fell hard.
Anyway, I'm working on a week now and am so happy to see that you are joining in.  I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.  Quitting with you is....well....FUN!   Seeing this post has made my day!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/1/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 5
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 200
Amount Saved: $50.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 15 Mins: 13 Seconds: 15

• Quit Meter

$52,380.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 740 Hours: 20

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lolly:
    5 years is awesome.  Thanks for dropping by and letting us know how you are doing.    You just keep on winning these wars.  You are one strong lady!
Kaiser

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 525
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,125
Amount Saved: $656.25
Life Gained:
Days: 102 Hrs: 8 Mins: 25 Seconds: 55

14 years ago 0 382 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well Hello there lurker!!!

I'm so happy to see you again....it means there is still hope.  Happy New Year by the way! 

So now you know the devil you will face!   I was so terrified to quit (for the umpteenth time) and I knew that last time it was quit or bust!  No it was not easier than I expected, but I discovered it was possible.  I set about it as if it was a war that I had to win to survive. You know what?....I won with bells on.  5 years quit!

I've just finished another war, and I approached it in exactly the same way as my quit......I had to win it to survive!  Guess what?........I have won!   My tumour has vanished.  I do not know why  it happened, though the treatment was pretty hellish, but I do know that we can astound ourselves at what we can do.  The main thing is to be determined not to allow extraneous factors to impinge on that determination.  You have to stay focused on the goal. 

In both those cases, my goal was life and freedom, and in both cases I have won just that.  It's so great!

Well.....my cheery, light-hearted, welcome back turned into a bl***y sermon!  We Scots can't resisit a bit of John Knox now and again!  Do stay lurking and chat to us........you do not need to make any great decisions right away, but we'll be here when you do.  Josie (Moderator) has my e-mail if you'd like it any time.

NEVER LOOK BACK.  THE FUTURE IS AHEAD!!!

Love Lolly,  

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/25/2004
Smoke-Free Days: 1868
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 65,380
Amount Saved: �9,340.00
Life Gained:
Days: 247 Hrs: 22 Mins: 25 Seconds: 4

• Quit Meter

$11,086.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 693 Hours: 14

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lurk all you need to Lil, we'll be around when you switch on the light :) You'll know when you're ready!

x T

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/1/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 1100
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 25,300
Amount Saved: �6,957.50
Life Gained:
Days: 98 Hrs: 4 Mins: 16 Seconds: 38

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know you, Fag Ash Lil, but I just wanted to add that no one is judging you. That most of us know how exhausting quitting often is and that it is difficult to keep doing it back to back. A break is often necessary to build your resolve back up and to give it a good fight again.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 249
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,972
Amount Saved: $2,701.65
Life Gained:
Days: 28 Hrs: 1 Mins: 5 Seconds: 44

14 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lil:
    Welcome back.  It's good to hear from you.  At least if you are lurking you are still willing to quit.  We will be here when you are ready.  All the best to you.
Kaiser

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 524
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,100
Amount Saved: $655.00
Life Gained:
Days: 102 Hrs: 3 Mins: 38 Seconds: 4

14 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OMG, I was just thinking about you again the other day.  You've popped into my mind a couple of times in the last few months - just thinking about you, your sense of humour, how you were getting along.  I suspected that you were still smoking when you didn't come back, but I'm thrilled to hear that you've been lurking.  That's a positive sign for sure!  It's great to "see" you again, and I'm so excited to see MM as well!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 733
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,660
Amount Saved: $5,570.80
Life Gained:
Days: 82 Hrs: 10 Mins: 31 Seconds: 57

14 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you, Lil, for coming forward like that.  We're happy to have Miss Marple back too!  Believe me, it took me more than a few times to finally get on with this quitting thing.  The very fact you're here, like you said, is a positive sign.  Prepare, prepare, and prepare some more.
Come back here often and read the posts.  One day at a time...smoking CAN be conquered!!!!!
Good luck to you.

Cheers,
Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 709
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 17,725
Amount Saved: $5,849.25
Life Gained:
Days: 83 Hrs: 4 Mins: 10 Seconds: 21

14 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Takes a long time to build up confidence to socialize with smokers, add alcohol to the mix ....... goodbye quit.

Good for ya for fronting up Fag Ash Lil, at least you will know what to look out for next time.

Don't beat yourself up about it, I've seen heaps of 'can i go out & party with my smoker friends' posts turn apocalyptic.  

As the saying goes... You will be able to quit when you "want to stop smoking more then smoking itself"

But you know that already.

Good On ya !

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/1/2005
Smoke-Free Days: 1830
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 64,050
Amount Saved: $16,653.00
Life Gained:
Days: 265 Hrs: 5 Mins: 45 Seconds: 38

• Quit Meter

$12,506.22

Amount Saved