Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Craves

16 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your new grandson---what a wonderful time in your life.. Here I am struggling..a dear family friends son died from an overdose--I am so sad for his mom... a good family with a tragic saddness...addiction has no predjudice..no salary, no IQ, no personality is exempt.... it has no boundries... Jason & cheryl & Jeanette it is YOU whom I give this quit for..your pain & sadness to the evil demon of which you tried but had no control...for my husband who also tried to fight him..I am standing tough to be a fighter and a winner against the demon of addiction....god I really didn't want to make this about all of this... I will stand tough,.. Deb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 390 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $87.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats, my dear, dear friend! I am so proud of you for not giving in, and ecstatic over the little one! My grandbaby will be one on April 6, and my eldest (in Memphis) is having a little girl on Tuesday (she will be induced)! I am soooooo excited. However, I am MUCH too young to be a granny to 2! Enjoy your time with the little one! They smell sooo sweet...and so do you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 553 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 33,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,424.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 60 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, Congratulations on he new grandson. Does he have name yet? Well done too on not giving in to the tempatation!! As you say, it would be far too complicated a thing to manage without having to face the shame and disdain of others because you just can't cover it up. Not worth the bother. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 351 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,616 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,755.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yea! Sparky, I'm glad your home safely and beat the craves again. I do know what you mean. I am fighting off craves this week also and I think a lot of it is the fact that I am doing something different. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 253 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,012.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, Way to fight off those craves. I suspect they will get less and less over time, and with more life experience without the cigarette in our mouth they will eventually be but wisps of thought, easily brushed away. Trust yourself, give yourself credit, and most of all, reward yourself! So happy you're a smoke free Nana! [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/birdpaci.gif[/IMG] Hugs, Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congratulations Sparky, it's awesome that you have a new grandson! Good for you to get through those craves with triggers galore, I can only imagine. I'm so glad that you mention that you still have a squirmish here and there with that old ND. time is on your side. You're a veteran in this battle and it'll take a lot for that old demon to get a grip on you agian. Congratulations again on the new grandbaby and cheers for Gran too!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 550 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11,000.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats G-Ma! (Aren't those lil ones sweet!) Way to kick that junkie out on his ash! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 373 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,325 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,935.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to GOOOOO Sparky. I know everyone appreciates it. I have noticed my dogs sneeze less... so if i smoked..they would give me away.. and NOT having smoke around them is sooo much healthier for all of us. A new grandbaby... How wonderful.. a big one too. Congrats [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 527 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Sparky! Congratulations on the newest wee addition. And as far as the smoking goes...now I know why you're a great inspiration for me. You got yourself through one tough time...and you didn't cave!!!! That's awesome you should be REALLY proud of yourself. And as far as Mr. Kitty goes, I'm sure he would have smelled the smoke and you would have had a LOT of making up to do. Just as I'm sure that if Holly and Casey smelled smoke on me they wouldn't be very happy! All our lovely wee pets have VERT sensitive noses. Congrats again, Luv, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $382.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations, Sparky. Way to slef-talk your way through all those stressors...!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $607.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55

Reading this thread: