Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

to tired to try any more

16 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cuddles, a big cuddle for you! I kow what you are feeling, i used to have terrible depressions, anyway, with the help of my doc, i am still on my meds, but i am now on an even keel, and very rarely get bad days please don't give up lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 222 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,330 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �888.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$113,550.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6492 Hours: 11

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, We are ready when you are! If you need additional help & support with your depression, we have a sister site that may be of help to you: www.depressioncenter.net Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles my heart goes out to you. I have been there and am still there. I'm bipolar the depression is tough. Smoking is was my last vice. Somedays the down days I still want to smoke and it almost takes over. I wish I could explain myself better, but my brain doesn't work right. I was diaganosed about 3 year ago. First I went to see my doctor we tried several meds. The last one sent me way over the edge. I went to see a psy doc he started me on different meds. Now I'm on my third psy doc and things are better most days. I have tried many times to quit. This time so far so good. I would never tell you what to do. All I can do is share my experience, strength, and hope. John [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, Please keep trying this is really gonna be worth it when you make it. And you will! I am just wondering if maybe your depression is caused from the Junkie thinking thing. You don't believe you are strong enough to beat this beast and he is getting control again. Then you feel terrible about yourself if you smoke. I am there and I am still battling this constantly. You are strong enough or else you wouldn't keep trying. You wouldn't post anymore and you would just disapear from this site if you weren't so strong. I think you might be in a vicious circle of thinking. Thinking you are too weak because you are getting depressed but it is really just the nicotine trying to coax you back and then getting more depressed if you smoke. The only thing to do for that is quit and remind yourself how bad you feel about yourself if you start up again. The disappointment in yourself is the worst and it has to get so bad that you know it isn't worth even a puff of a cigarette. It's tough to break out of the cycle but I can tell by your posts you can do it and you want to! Please keep fighting the fight! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 224 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$15,922.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 803 Hours: 3

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank You all for your thoughtful responses. I really do want to quit. I hate smoking. But with this depression some times I just do not care. Then I light one up and that just makes me feel worse. I want to get my life back in control. I have been working with a doctor for 6 months now. The meds work for awhile and I work on not smoking. Then things go down hill again and I go back to the doctor and get my meds adjusted again, over and over. I am just not dealing with it very well. But I am trying. I read the threads on this site often, thats why I keep trying. So many have succeded, and many keep trying. Hopefully I can get my self back on track, soon. There are so many special people on this site. So many people that really care. It is hard to stay away. Butterfly Swimmer, Lady and golferman, You 3 have helped me in many more ways then you know. I wont let you down, I will get it right sooner or later. Hopefully sooner. Thank You Cuddles
16 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, I hope you are still coming here and read this and all the other posts here. All of these posts are here because people care. They care and I care. Depression, unlike smoking, is unseen and usually very misunderstood by nearly everyone. Get with your healthcare professional and get a recommendation on a psychiatrist. Depression can take years to deal with and overcome. That is what is important for you. When you are free of the depression, then you can conquer the smoking. No, I'm not encouraging you to smoke, but you need to take care of you. Depression can ruin your life like no other force. Keep looking for answers and never accept input from untrained, "well meaning" non- professionals. If one doctor can't help you, find another one. After watching you for a couple of years now, it's apparent that you are given to outside influence, whether from your husband or others. You are surrounded by smokers, which makes quitting all the worse since most quitters don't want to see their "smoking buddies" quit. That includes your husband. Please get help and take care of yourself. Drop us a line now and then. We care. Best wishes. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=purple]Hoping for success without hard work is like trying to harvest without planting.[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 748 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,832.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 134 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$36,336.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9769 Hours: 1

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles... you know I don't share this information with anyone and you know some of what I have been through with the depression stuff. I want to tell you that more important than quitting smoking is YOU. You cannot get a handle on the depression because it isn't something you control. It is something you have to work through and it is so hard. It is hard as hell, just like the quit. You take one step at a time. Talk to the doctor about medicine. If it doesn't help, make him change it. Find a good counselor. Someone that fits YOU. Talk to them, open up and get it all out once and for all. I know the feeling of no one understands. I'm still there frequently. But I have learned that it really doesn't matter that others don't understand. It is MY understanding that is important. You have to learn to believe in yourself. That is a learning process for some of us. The smoking addiction hid so much from me about myself. No more. I had to face the other issues or go back to smoking. I refused to give up. You are strong and you CAN do both. You can work through the depression and the quit. You know how to reach me if you want to. I am here, I understand, and I believe in you. Lady [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 700 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,450.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles - You need to do some soul searching about what YOU really want for yourself. I think part of this may be that old NicoDemon trying to get his grips back in you. :8o: He's telling you that the fight is too hard and you should just give in and you'll be happy again. That's just what he wants. It's the addiction trying to influence you. Please, please, please - before you give up on your quit... Try getting a grip on yourself, acknowledge that you are struggling and being hit by these cravings and feelings. Then remind yourself how far you have come in the past and how you are moving along now. AND THEN tell those evil thoughts to just GO AWAY and to stop bothering you!!! Get yourself back in control. You can do this. And, as a side note, look how many people have jumped in to try to help you. We care about you and are here for you. - Freemom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 768 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261.12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$119,568.15

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 20

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles - everyone needs help and support and you should never feel guilty about asking for it when you need it...especially in a place like this! It's the whole reason boards like this exist!!!!! And like Legend said - you can fail as many times as you have to; you only have to succeed once. We're here for you. I've looked through this board top to bottom, every thread I could. Even if it's not the same people posting - I've noticed people mostly come and go - it doesn't have to be. The spirit of the board is to help when you need it, and celebrate when you feel like it. So don't ever feel bad for using this place for its purpose. Keep your chin up as much as possible if you can. And I think Josie makes a good suggestion. Hope your spirits lift a bit!!! -Nilbey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles - Do not ever believe for a minute that you are bothering people. This is one of the hardest things in the world to do...You have been trying really hard and those tumbles get discouraging. We will be here whenever you need or want us....In the mean time, take good care of yourself! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 262 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,310.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31

Reading this thread: