Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,769 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Over the Edge

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, You are in my thoughts and prayers! I too have been deceived by lies in the past. What I learned is that the "liar" moves on, unhurt and unfettered. Eventually, the liar will mesmerize another with lies and deceipt while I lay in a tee total upside down world that seems to never be upright again. BUT I was able to claw my way out of that hole more than once. When there seems to be no end to the sorrow, look to the Lord, he will lighten you load. You have no reason to hide, you gave of yourself that which is good and loving. Please do not punish yourself for that! Lady, you are a wonderful, loving, caring and life giving woman! Please be strong! I gave up an entire years quit because I believed the lies as long as I could! And when everyone but me knew the truth, I had to accept it! I drove straight to the store and bought a pack of Kool's and smoked the first one on the way home from the store. I have no idea what kept me from crashing the car! I was higher than a kite and just kept puffing! Woozy, light-headed and barely able to see, I made it home and kept on smoking! The liar continued to lie as I continued to smoke. That was 20 years ago, and the liar is still lying, albeit to someone new (not me). BUT I am not smoking and for that I'm empowered. There will always be those that deceive with lies and those with hearts of gold that are taken in by them. It's just the way of the world, Lady. I hope this crazy rant helped in some small way! I feel your pain, Lady! I have been in your shoes and it sucks! But please know that the sunshine will come! Love ya, Lady Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 150 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,008 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $562.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote] I have just found out that the last year and a half something I really believed in with all my heart wasn't what it was potrayed to be. I believed with all my heart in something that just wasn't real. [/quote] If you were deceived, then be angry at that, not at yourself. A person who has been assaulted with lies is a victim, with no cause to abuse themselves in return. Perhaps you feel ashamed that you were led to believe something that wasn't true. It happens to all of us. And best to stand up straight, brush yourself off, and vow that you won't get fooled again. Rusty [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 832 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23,307 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2912 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 115 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$55,244.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 652 Hours: 9

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, that strong and courageous woman DOES live there. We know it, and you have to remember it. Ok, like Pam said she may be a little weak and wobbly, but you are here among those who really do care...... a lot. Remember day 1 of the quit, when you weren't sure if you could do this?(but you did). Remember the first time you had your heart broken, and you thought you wouldn't live through it?..but you did. Yes, it hurts like H..l for a while, but time is your friend too, and it does get better, we get past the hurts and move on. I firmly believe that for every door that closes, another one opens. Just keep your eyes open so you will see the open door. Hang tough, please don't smoke, you quit smoking, remember? Like Valleymom said, rant, rave, have a pity party (haven't been to a good pity party in months!I know where we can get some great chocolate and good wine!) and let us help you. You ARE loved, and you ARE loveable. Come back and sail with us! Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,181 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, I don't care whether or not you have smoked - you are a big girl and that is your decision. Just know that when you rise each morning you have the whole world - YES, the WHOLE world waiting to see that you are ok. You have so many people around the world that love and care for you - we are not all blind and stupid - we do not invest this much of ourselves in worthless people. Take a good look around - you are so valued, loved and cherished by so many - let that sink in and hold you close while you are hurting so very much. Oh, yes, and do come here and rant and rave, vent, hold pity parties and such. We will laugh with you, cry with you and even rage with you. You are NOT alone. Ever. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 882 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,058 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9040.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 85 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$35,676.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 743 Hours: 11

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady....the trouble will be that your old "escape" will not longer be that! You have chosen another path....and reversing now will only add to your confusion and hurt.....PLEASE just don't smoke....let the time pass without it...cause it WILL....and the hurt isn't going to be any less real when you betray yourSELF. ((another hug)) Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1906 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10864.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 251 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$159,096.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5347 Hours: 19

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am reading all your posts through swollen eyes with tears everywhere. Ladybug I don't have that courage anymore. Pam, you made me cry the most [quote] No matter how hard life smacks you in the face, you remain standing... sometimes a little wobbly and shaken, and sometimes only standing because of the mass of people at the SSC standing behind you, holding you up... but yet, you refuse to fall. [/quote]That person doesn't live here anymore. Pat you made me laugh, I have done all but break the dishes. I just want to hide. I don't want to hurt anymore. How can people hurt others so badly and think so little of it. I said I would wait until morning and see how I feel. I don't have the strength and courage for this. I want my escape. I am so glad my children are not here to see me like this. Life was so much easier with my brick wall built up. No one got in. I sat on my deck and I smoked and no one hurt me. NO ONE HURT ME. I promised myself that no one would ever hurt me again. Yes, I hid from the world but I wasn't a depressed emotional basket case then. I was a survivor. That Lady doesn't live here anymore. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 632 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,645 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2212 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lady sorry to hear you are feeling so rough right now i hope you are feeling better You are far from worthless believe me we need you round here, you inspire us so please let us know how you are doing lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,282 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �608 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$113,640.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6497 Hours: 14

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, Kick your feet in the air, scream at the tops of your lungs, punch a pillow, break my dishes, do what ever you have to do to get through this. Then come back and don't smoke. We're all here for you. Let us help please. We care, we'll be here waiting and praying for you and with you. Pat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,243 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $784 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$121,881.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 970 Hours: 18

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady YOU ARE MY STAR! I look up to you so much!!!! Please stick with it! Find me in IM!!! Whatever you need sweetheartjust ask! Phil xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 229 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1202.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
okay...I already blew it by being the tenth person. But you said goodbye before the ten, so the deal was off and you have to start the count over! :confuse: You should read this lady's story...she's very inspirational! [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/community/success_stories/success_detail.aspx?id=68]Because she knows the value of quitting and helps so many others keep their quit.[/url]
  • Quit Meter

$52,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 922 Hours: 23

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: