Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,771 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78

Lonely and Tired

17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lovely, lovely, dearest Windy. I'm sorry I missed this post.(My being on the other side of the planet and probably snoring like a good 'un during your social hours probably doesn't help matters...) I certainly hope you're doing ok now. Lonliness comes and sits on everybody's shoulder once in a while, doesn't it? I'm sure it won't stay there for long, with a person as lively, funny, positive as you, my dear! Now, I have absolutely no idea who Larry the Cable Guy is... (sounds like an interesting character! :|) maybe someone who works with the Electricity Board??? but if he saved the day, he can be Man of the Month for us!!! No smoking, girl! I'll be looking out for you on the IM... You've been warned! ;p Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 177 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,666 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �531 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Windy, Not thinking about running out and buying a pack. Very cool words Windy, and I would say you have arrived! I really love to see this happening, good job!
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there Darling We've big tuggin on you just a wee bit to get you across the center line. We've done a little tug of war? We are gonna tug you right over. Good luck Windy and I know you have already made it you just have not funny comprehended it yet, to the fullest extent. Remember it is a frame of mind as well. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 367 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,519 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1926.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Perhaps a gym membership or a book club... Hey---Audit a cooking class and surprise Brian upon his return with all your culinary talent! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,831 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1088 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deli...you have made my night! ;p Hubby and I totally enjoyed the 'cultural differences' of this site (once again) and your innocent igonorance of Larry the Cable Guy!!!! Please do a search on him and, if you ever get a chance, see one of his shows!!!! :confuse: Oh............I have laughed 'till I cried and I think I may have wet my pants a bit! Our hero....Larry the Cable Guy! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 139 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, Unfortunately, there is no easy answer to this question. The only way to make new friends is to get yourself out there. One of the easiest ways to do that is to pursue an interest. Everybody feels lonely sometimes. Your cigarettes just boosted your dopamine, the problem still stood. Smoking won't solve anything, only action. Hang in there. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin, Sometimes, it is helpful to take a step back for an hour or so and stop thinking of the problem. Give your mind a break before trying to tackle the problem again. Writting down the problem and brainstorming ideas on paper may also be helpful to you. You're right in saying smoking never solved any of your problems. Isn't is exciting and a little scary to think soon you'll be able to solve your problems all by yourself! Don't be too hard on yourself. This is a big learning curve and takes some time. You're doing great, give yourself credit :) Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Windy- What about doing something really special and gentle for you... a hot bath or a drive in an area you enjoy, just to get out... Some soft, soothing music, catnaps... One of the most amazing and powerful parts of this journey, for me, has been learning how to really get in touch with myself and with what I need... It's a journey of self-discovery, dear one... Embrace it... Many Blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 322 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1497.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry you're a bit down, Windy... it'll pass, to be sure. I can certainly relate. I split with my girlfriend right at the beginning of my quit and definitely had bouts with all of these but mostly the A.L. and T. parts - I rarely let myself go hungry. You've made the first step of indentifying the problem - you're aware that you are lonely or tired. My approach was to deal with each symptom individually. For instance, if I was tired, I'd squeeze in a nap for 15 minutes. If I was hungry, I'd have a snack (preferably healthy - less guilt, ya know ;) ). I found the tricky ones to deal with were anger and lonliness but they were/are manageable. For anger, I took a meditative yoga class and I am still seeing my pastor (which simultaneously helps with the lonliness too). I also run regularly. It's hard to stay angry with a bunch of endorphins flowing through you. Through running I also made friends who I meet to run with on occasion and we correspond - that's helped with the lonliness too. I also found distraction to be helpful for anger and lonliness. I found books that engaged me. If I started a book and wasn't particularly intrigued, I'd put it down and pick up another. Sometimes just doing anything - wash or vacuum the car, go for a walk, wash the dishes, etc. - will jar me out of that empty feeling. It can only linger if we allow it. Lastly and certainly not least, God has been a wonderful leaning post for me. These are just some things that I have found to be helpful. I trust you are resourceful enough to create your own 'recipe' to cure what ails you. All my best and ... keep fightin' the good fight - fish :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 397 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,924 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1985 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like your moxy. Crap happens, life goes on. Enjoy that smoothie, cuddle and chat. Sometimes I've had to remind myself with that old Beatles' tune... 'Let it be'... sometimes, we aren't to see the answer until we're further down the road, but trust the road. 'There will be an answer, let it be, let it be... whisper words of wisdom, let it be, let it be.' best, keep fightin' the good fight - fish :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 399 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,995 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1995 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3

Reading this thread: