Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Lonely and Tired

17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, Please tell us if you're feeling better now. It's no wonder you feel this way with hubby working out of town. Mine used to be gone quite often as well and occasionally for extended periods so I completely understand. Do something you love doing, start an "I miss you journal" or curl up on the sofa and watch comedies. If all else fails, do what most women would do to be happy..........GO SHOPPING GIRL! Lol, you don't even have to buy anything but it will get you out of the house. Spring's not far away so hang in there, Pat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$121,344.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 966 Hours: 12

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The winter can be hard, especially when DH is gone. I usually like to rent a few movies and cuddle up on the couch with my nice warm blankies and get lost in the movie. Helps distract for a couple hours. Hope you feel better fast!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 34 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penquin: You sound like such a beautiful and sincere person, my hear goes out to you. I understand about the smoking and problem solving thing. I too am afflicted with the same trigger. However, you said a very true thing in your post..."a cigarette never solved a problem"...I have to continually repeat that to myself...I think I am getting better at it, but I am not letting my guard down for one minute...I can't give you advice, because I know that this addiction is so tied to our emotions and our physical being that to try to give advice would be wrong... I only hope that you know I hear you and understand what you are saying and send you all the wishes in the world that you will never give in to the urge and that you will truly understand your relationship to this addiction...I know its tough, I am doing my best to understand mine... Bless you this ain't no easy road Nonic
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The grass indeed is greener on the other side.....wait a second this might be a poor metaphor..I am referencing: [quote] I don't think I want a new hobby right now [/quote] How great would it be to have the option to have a hobby...lol...from my vantage point.......Enjoy the silence ( something in short supply in my house). Or listen to some nice music (not what's blasting out of the teens room!! I am just having fun with ya Windy....an attempt to lighten you up a bit. I do enjoy your posts...and your replies are always well thought out...Thanks for being here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $382.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just finished lying on the couch, thinking about H.A.L.T. I wasn't hungry and I wasn't angry but I most definately was lonely and tired. While I didn't feel like running out for cigarettes, I did have that "empty" feeling. My hubby is working out of province for afew weeks and I've been planning visits to avoid "lonely"...but whenever I come back home, he's still not here. I drove 2 hours to visit my sister yesterday and 2 hours back today and I'm too "tired" to plan another visit tonight. I had such a busy social life in my 20's (we were always socializing) but now so many of my friends and family and busy with their own children. I don't think I want a new hobby right now....I guess I just want an easy fix. Perhaps it's just the winter "blues" but sometimes it seems difficult to avoid H.A.L.T Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 132 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,655 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $660 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Hi Deli - I'm still here (Thankyou for being so thoughtful and caring as always) Added bonus of the stress at work is that stress reduces my appetite + now that smoking is not an option, I have to exercise more to deal with stress - soooooooooooo at least the weight loss part of my quit is going well. Larry the Cable Guy hasn't been talking to me lately (Perhaps a good thing that I'm not hearing voices) Big decisions for me to make in the future...lots of changes....but I think it's time. Thanks for checking on me Deli Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 140 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,816 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $700 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
Wow - Thanks for your replies everybody...It helps to know that there are so many of you out there and your support means alot. I (think??) I am doing better??? Today I got hit with the most stressful day of my quit.....I won't get into the details but it could mean some major job changes and life changes for me. I had a long drive home from the office, questioning whether I could deal with the stress. I was really feeling the need to "zone out" like I did when I was a smoker (Believe it or not...I have not learned how to do this yet as a non-smoker) I thought about whether I should smoke again. I prayed for wisdom or strength. Believe it or not, I heard the voice of Larry the Cable Guy in my head saying "So...how wuz that workin fur ya" in his country twang. (Does God sound like Larry the Cable Guy????) Anyway, I realized that my old ways of coping did absolutely NOTHING for me. I still have to learn many new skills...but for tonight, a fruit smoothie, a cuddle with my cats and a good chat with my hubby are going to be it for me.... Smoking is not an option. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,716 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $675 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, I hear what you're saying. I was talking to my sister before supper, and she, a non smoker all her life, described feeling the same way as you. She said to me, "I wonder if its the time of year, the winter blahs." Yes, I wouldn't be surprised. Are there any TV shows on tonight that you can get yourself into. Do you read? Stay on SSC for a while. All these little things might help. Hang in there, tomorrow will be a better day. Thinking of you. Talk to you tomorrow. Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 263 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 179 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,689 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �537 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Where's our Windy??? Helloooooooooo???? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 181 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �543 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35

Reading this thread: